“This place always pleases!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner
Miami Lakes, Florida
“This place always pleases!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

My husband and I have been coming to The King and I for a couple of years now, and I finally wanted to give some feedback on one of our favorite places to get sushi and Thai food. We came in around 7 on a Tuesday night, and there was no wait for a table. We started as always with a couple of martinis, and our favorite appetizer of Gyoza. These little dumplings are always perfect, and our favorite way to start the meal. My husband had the Red Dragon Roll, and I had the Sea Bass Curry. Delicious as always. The service here is good, not great, but it's not why we come here. It's a quiet little place in a plaza with a grocery store, a billiard club and a couple other places to eat. Great for a nice relaxing night with excellent Thai/Japanese and sushi. Highly recommended!

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Miami
“Best Sushi place in Miami Lakes.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

This is our favorite "go-to" place to eat Sushi in the Miami Lakes area. The place is clean, the staff is friendly. The prices are pretty affordable for the quality of the food.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great Thai food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

This place was ideal for a quick lunch.
Soup and salad went down quick while the man dishes were cooking.
We were in and out in 25 mins with no pressure.

Jacksonville, Florida
“Pretty Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

We ordered take out as we were staying in a nearby hotel. location was incredibly convenient. I ordered chicken & cashew stir-fry & didn't think to ask them about their spice (heat) levels & they didn't prompt me so this meal looked great but was bland which was disappointing. My husband ordered teriyaki chicken & was happy with his meal. The size of the meals is great, plenty of food, & they also gave us a bowl of miso soup & a side salad with ginger sauce which he enjoyed too. I love Thai food & have eaten it all around the world so I really know what I like. If I'd had a bit more flavor I would have been happier. The staff were friendly & the menu had lots of different options, & there seemed to be plenty of customers at tables so my experience may have been due to my lack of communication on my part.

Visited July 2013
Wichita, Kansas
“Good thai food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

If you are hungry for thai food and find yourself in Miami Lakes, Fl. then look no further than King and I. First off, if you see the strip mall on one side of Miami Lakes drive and a big storage building on the other, go the side with the strip mall no matter what the GPS tells you to do. It is located in a strip mall, which does not affect the taste of the food or value. I had a vegtable curry with white rice and my wife had the vegtable sushi which was very good. The wait staff are from Thailand, and their dishes have heat values of 1,2,3 and Thai hot. The curry was very nice, but I wished the vegtables were cut in bigger pieces. You should give it a try and decide for yourself.

• Visited June 2013