“So What, it's in a Strip Mall? Who Cares? Step Inside!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner
baltimore, maryland
“So What, it's in a Strip Mall? Who Cares? Step Inside!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Yes, it's tucked away in a strip mall, near a Winn Dixie grocery store. Once inside, the atmosphere quickly takes you away from suburbia and transports you to a cozy, comfortable Asian oasis. The huge fishtank by the front door serves the set the boundary between the "outside world" and the King and I Thai Restaurant world.

My two adult children and I were there on a Friday night, and yes, it was busy. But if it wasn't busy on a Friday night, that would be a bad sign to begin with. So service was a little slow - but forgivable. Maybe management should add another waiter - or perhaps they had a no-show. Either way, the service was friendly, accomodating, and accurate.

The food was simply fantastic. The flavor and presentation were world class (I know that sounds funny, when referring to a suburban Thai restaurant in Miami Lakes, FL - but I have traveled the world, and the Thai food was as good as I've found anywhere).

This was the third time I've been to this restaurant, and if it's a place that I know I'll visit a couple of times, I like to wait to review after I've taken in the experience a time or two. This third visit was consistent with the previous two and I'm happy to officially (as if I'm some sort of professional restaurant critic!!) pronounce the King and I a destination of choice for Thai in the Miami area.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Baltimore, Maryland
“Good Pad Thai”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I came to this restaurant on a business trip with a colleague of mine. I love Thai food, and this was quite acceptable in quality, but not superb! However - that being said, the food was absolutely good enough, the service attentive, the prices were reasonable, and the atmosphere was fine. In. my opinion -- this is good value for the money

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Orlando
“Good Sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

Sushi and service is good. It is somewhat expensive.

Visited April 2012
“The sushi is as fresh as the fish in the ginormous salt water fish tank!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

I've been eating at this restaurant for almost 15 years. The management has changed, but the food has remained very good. A recent visit reminded me of why I keep coming back. Delicious! This place is a great value!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Coral Gables
“great sushi, even for kids”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Outstanding food, prices are very reasonable. Both the Japanese sushi / sashimi and the Thai noodle dishes and stir fries are wonderful, no attempt made to make them overlap, just get what you want and let the purists sulk in the corner.

• Visited April 2012