“Great for first timers, Excelent for Sushi Lovers.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 41 Restaurants in Miami Lakes
Cuisines: Japanese, Thai
MIAMI
“Great for first timers, Excelent for Sushi Lovers.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

This place is a "Costco" for Sushi.. You get what you paid for...even though you go for Sushi, Once you go in and look at the menu, it could ezly change your mind for Fish (Volcano one Excellent), tempura, soup, and I could go on and on.. If you never eaten Sushi then this is definitely the place to start.. Whatever you order that may look disgusting to those who don't eat Sushi will be delicious anyway , so basically you can’t go wrong with anything you order.. BTW people there are Great.. Thanks for being near my house.
Gil

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Regina SK in Canada
“adequate”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

not great, but good enough.

I went to the silver spoon hoping to find something more than "just another asian restaurant".

didn't

everything was ok. I didn't have sushi, though, and it seems that they pride themselves on that.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Coral Gables, Florida
“Great Selections”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Had a wonderfull time attending lunch at Silver Spoon while visiting frinds in Miami Lakes. They have very quick service and an enormous amounts of both thai and sushi plates. Tried a combination of both and really enjoyed the meal. Recommended.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Miami Lakes, Florida
“Great sushi and service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

Pretty fast for the usual lunch crowds. Services local businesses and locals. Pretty good seating and great specials for lunch.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Miami Lakes, Florida
“Subtle merge of Thai and Japanese cooking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

Frankly, I did not know what to expect before I went to the restaurant. While I have tried sushi and sashimi in different restaurants I was not familiar with the Thai cuisine. I started by asking suggestions to Ham, the Thai waitresses who took our order. My only remark was to ensure that the dishes were not spicy. She was right on the money. Every dish she suggested and we tried was excellent: Silver Spoon Salad, Tuna Tataki, Chicken Lettuce Wraps and Shrimp Fried Rice. We shared all dishes and asked for two orders of the rice which was plenty for the four of us. Need to mention that that fried rice was the very best fried rice I have had in years; my companions agreed with me. Although I don’t care for beer very much, I would suggest trying the Chang beer from Thailand; I drank two bottles which is rare for me. For desert Ham graciously suggested a traditional Thai desert, simply called: Thai Donuts. Overall there is nice atmosphere with techno-style deco.

• Visited May 2012