“Mango Martini demise” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Seating, Waitstaff
Miami, Florida
“Mango Martini demise”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Those of us who live near by and went to city hall to have the joint closed, new this would come some day. You can't cover the sun with your thumb and its easier to get milk out of a bull's utters than good service and food at the Mango joint. Thank goodness it closed.

• Visited July 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Miami Lakes, Florida
“Used to come ALL the time!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

I'll go back when it's a small,friendly neighborhood bar again.
They're trying to make 'Club Liv' out of 'Cheers'

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

Originally came to see a freestyle performer, but was told that the performance was cancelled last minute. So myself and a group sat inside and had some drinks at the bar to make the most of it. We were highly disappointed with the quality of the drinks (it is called "Martini Bar" after all) the martinis were not good. I could of made them much better myself! And the drinks ended up being super overpriced! I'm glad we did not end up eating at the restaurant area, as I'm sure it would have been even worse! The restaurant area was empty too for a Saturday night. The service was decent and the music was alright. The dance floor was empty though, even as the night progressed! But I have had way better quality, price, and atmosphere elsewhere, so me and my group will definately not be coming back here. I think we made their night with our ridiculously high tab; and we only had one drink each because they were terrible! We wish we would have gone somewhere else! Not impressed at all!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Pembroke Pines FL
“Tasty Evening Out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

Mango Martini is a new restaurant that just opened up in Miami Lakes. Me and my husband have dined here on two separate occasions and I must say that both time we received excellent service. Hostess seated us right away and our server Marissa was excellent (very attentive) I really enjoyed the setting and lighting they have, very romantic and hip. We went on Friday early evening - sevenish. I liked the fact that it was not packed, possibly because they just opened up and it’s hidden away in a small strip mall. But it’s a hidden little gem for now. They start you off with some bread with this yummy butter spread that I think has chives or something like that. The calamari is really good some of the best I have had recently. My main entrée was a filet mignon which was cooked to perfection and very flavorful, I have not enjoyed a piece of steak like this in such a long time. Steak was accompanied with mashed potatoes that were nice and creamy & grilled zucchini. The food here is definitely better than any of the surrounding chain restaurants or sports bars in the Miami Lakes (Main Street) area. Also very reasonably priced and you can call this dining experience fine dining.
My husband ordered a Chef special - Chicken pesto raviolis that were absolutely delicious. We ordered cheese cake which my husband loves ( me not so much) but it was very tasty. Actually my husband stepped outside to take phone call and I had to refrain from continuing to take bite after bite. The draft beer was also good, I’ve been to some place where the draft beer tastes watered down and flat, but thumbs up on their draft beer. Per their menu they have different activities going on during the week, like Live Piano Artists on Tuesdays, Jazz Night on Thursdays. We went on a Friday night, so they were having Disco Happy Hour, which I enjoyed revisiting my Disco Free Style music of the 80’s and 90’s LOL.
I will definitely be back, we had a wonderful evening out

• Visited February 2012