“Great Food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese, Thai
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Great Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

This is right next to our hotel which is convenient and food tastes very good and the service is also appreciated

Visited May 2014

Peoria, Illinois
“A new sea food experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

The service was good and the food was excellent! I had never had sushi that I enjoyed prior to this. I found the food to be delicious and I especially liked the wasabi but use sparingly because it is powerful. I would have liked the lighting to be a little brighter but it was a nice experience and I would look forward to going again!

Visited May 2014
Washington DC
“Sliding downhill since my last review”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

I've eaten here several times a year for the last 4 years. I stay at the Shula Hotel across the street and love Thai food. It makes for a break from Shula's sports bar.

Thai Cafe has gone down steadily. Tonight was rock bottom. Instead of ordering my usual curry shrimp, i craved vegetables and ordered Thai Cafe Connection: sauteed chicken and shrimp with vegetables seasoned with chili paste. I should have sent it back.

Have you ever been served stir fried iceberg lettuce? Seriously. I guess technically it's a vegetable (like ketchup is a vegetable). A few pieces of celery, ditto carrot disks and a couple of water chestnut pieces. Soggy chicken pieces and a few tiny shrimp. One of the worst meals I've eaten in a Thai place.

I know the place is not great, but enough time goes by that I forget how mediocre it is, and it's convenient across the street from the hotel, so I go. N.O.T. A.N.Y. M.O.R.E.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Be prepared to eat a LOT!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

You read that right! Thai Cafe has amazing food, and the best part is the quantity that they serve! I had ordered a Thai Fried rice, and GOSH the serving size was quite something! I am someone who tries Thai food on a regular basis and this place certainly has to rank as one of the best!
Added to that, the service is excellent. We guys went very late (when they were closing), and yet the staff were nice enough to serve us. If I had to take my date out for dinner, this would be one of my top choices!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
“I'm fond of Thai food and I enjoyed my dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

Well priced and very generous helpings. My bamboo chicken was delicious. Very handy if you're staying at Shula's. Good, friendly service.

Visited January 2014