“The worst of 2013” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Miami Lakes, Florida
“The worst of 2013”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Unfortunately for us the only thing I liked about my experience was the restaurant location. It is centrally located in the heart of my beautiful town Miami Lakes. The service was bad, at arrival wait time was excessive while there were several empty tables. Once at the dining table several servers passed by us with no word. After I decided to call for attention a walkie-talkie-wearing server came to us. He introduced himself very friendly and took the order. When the order arrived it wasn’t complete and in my opinion too salty. My companions were not very pleased either with the food. The On the Border experience was, with no doubt, the worst restaurant experience I had last year.

Visited November 2013

Hialeah, Florida
“Fun night out for Christmas eve they were not busy . We got great service and the food was good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

I would recommend if you are in the mood for Mexican. We had attention from many servers because it was slow but yet they were slow to catch on when my husband needed drink refills. we had to flag someone down for that.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Traverse City
“A very nice mexican restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Although the food was a little spicy for my delicate palate, I must say I enjoyed this restaurant a lot. A big hit for me was the real guacamole, it did not taste frozen or commercially produced.

Visited November 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Excellent TexMex”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I loved OTB when I lived in Texas, but in south Florida it's tough to find good Mexican food or TexMex for that matter. I had tried the OTB in Pembroke Pines (no longer there) on several occasions and it wasn't very good. Whoever is in charge of this one in Miami Lakes has done it right! The food was top notch. Drinks were fabulous. Try the homemade Sangria. Chips were served immediately upon seating and were very fresh. I had a three sauce chicken fajita burrito that was like I remembered in Texas. Everything that came by our table looked great. The service was very attentive and the manager even stopped by to make sure everything was OK. Prices were very reasonable for what you got and much better than most comparable places. I can't wait to go back. And we live about 45 minutes away!

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Good food and great margeritas !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

This restaurant was better than I expected as the earlier reviews appeared mixed.
Clearly the change of management has had a positive impact and standards have improved.
My server Chris was diligent, polite and did a great job !
The cranberry margarita was very tasty ;)