“Horrible service. Even Mc Donald's has a better costumer service.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of On the Border

Improve this listing
Ranked #28 of 41 Restaurants in Miami Lakes
Cuisines: Mexican
Miami, Florida
“Horrible service. Even Mc Donald's has a better costumer service.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Walked in on a friday night with my bf for mexican delite. The hostess at the door wasn't exactly a meany but she wasn't welcoming at all. Told us to wait 25 mins and we did, while noticing that there were many tables clean and open. Finally they sat us down after 1/2 hr at a back table at the end of the restaurant where no server was ever seen for at least 15 min until 1 appeared asking if we had been serviced, She was kind enough to bring us chips and salsa and get our order for drinks, then disappeared. The water and drinks ordered never arrived, nor did the server after our order was taken. After other 15 min of waiting and almost dying of thirst with no drinks or service we walked out and complained to the hostess who didn't do anything, not even a facial expression was showed from her. No manager was even available to say I'm sorry! or to help us get served. No one ever was available to fix anything. I dont know about the food cause obviously we didnt get the chance to try it.. but service was the worst I ever had experienced. If you have a nice night planned with your significant other; please don't go there!!! It will get ruined!!! I do not recommend it!!!!
I ended up having dinner right next door at rubby tuesday with a much better service!!!

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

57% Recommend
Pembroke Pines, Florida
“A great restaurant at a good price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The ambiance is great with Mexican pottery and designs on the walls.The service was quick and efficient and friendly.The food was plentiful and very good and the price is reasonable.The place is a little small and it can get overwhelmed with people fast ,but all things considered this is a great restaurant.Goo Mexican food at a fair price!!

• Visited October 2012
Washington DC
“Terrible! Misrepresenting Tex Mex”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Stopped in for a late lunch, hoping for spicy Tex Mex. few people there on a Wednesday. Placed my order. Server sort of sheepishly said, we're out of chips today. WHAT? How could a Tex Mex restaurant be out of chips? There are only two of us waiters today. So, do you make them? Yes.

Waiting for my food to come... long waiting, especially without chips, i noticed at least 4 different servers... they nearly outnumbered the customers by this time in the afternoon... but no chips. In a Tex Mex restaurant.

Food finally came. barely luke warm, no spicy seasoning, no server to ask to bring hot sauce or anything.

I'll not return.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Miami Lakes, Florida
“I love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Great food, great music, great people, great service... It's a 5 star place I love to go there and have some drinks and enjoy the environed... A place to go with your couple, family, friends and everybody...

• Visited March 2012
Miami
“Great Service, Great Food, Great Choice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I have been there many times before and have always enjoyed it. This time around I noticed how attentive the staff was how great the service was as well as the food. I would recommend to anyone in the Miami Lakes area be it for before the movies or just for a quick dinner with friends or family

• Visited July 2012