“Best chicken "steak" I have ever had!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 45 Restaurants in Miami Lakes
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Seating
Description: Pure Dominican cuisine! Live music and dancing on weekends.
Miami, Florida
“Best chicken "steak" I have ever had!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

A jewel of a restaurant hidden behind a car dealership but definitely worth finding. My favorite meal to order is chicken "steak". So glad I tried the one at La Tambora as it was the best one I have every had (including my mother's - sorry Mom). The flatten chicken breast was very well seasoned and so very moist. The mufungo accompanying it was also delicious. Very low key on a week night, not sure about the weekends and there is music then. Would definitely go back but not sure I want to try anything else now that I found the chicken! Although I must say the shrimp sandwich delivered to the table next to ours was tempting enough to go back and try.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
1 Thank luvchoctrav

Hollywood, Florida
“Excellent food, excellent dancing atmosphere!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

There were 4 single women (mother, sisters). We were greeted and seated in a nice, protective setup. The servers were wonderful. The live band (playing dominican music) was great, and so was the DJ (playing mostly latin music). The food is delicious (felt like I never left my home country) and the men we danced with were very respectful. We will definitely go back.

Visited July 2011