“Great beds, the rest, not so much” 3 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Lakes
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7925 North West 154th St., Miami Lakes, FL 33016   |
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Miami Lakes
Rancho Santa Margarita, California
“Great beds, the rest, not so much”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I booked this place due to the La Quinta name, having stayed at them a few times in the past, and I had to find place quickly so it seemed like a good decision. First, the good. Great bed, with new sheets, and five assorted pillows. Also, I had an extremely quiet room (402), even though I was a bit worried due to it being one of those rooms that had the door to the other room in it (they sometimes can be noisy). But it was nice and quiet, I slept well. Plus, I stayed on the fourth floor, so there was a nice large window for lots of light.

Now, the bad. OK, I understand if it's old, and a tad run down, that happens. But, when it's dirty, and not cleaned properly, there is no excuse for that. I found crumbs on the floor, and I couldn't tell if the shower had been cleaned or not. There was garbage in the stairwell for over a day, plus, run down is ok, but broken furniture? The desk chair had a broken armrest so it was uneven, couldn't really use it. And I'll follow up what another use mentioned, a smoke smell permeates throughout the building. Room didn't stink, but the hallways did.

My final take? Worth a stay, if you are looking for a quiet night to sleep.

Room Tip: Top floor, definitely.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Bayamon, Puerto Rico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We just arrived at this place and when entered the room it seems that is a smoking hotel. I called and asked the they told me that it's a no smoking but guest still smoke and they can't have control of that. Asked for a cleaner room but they are all booked. I want to leave right know. It's price is too high for the value. Add the old rooms, filthy bathrooms, and ugliest place ever. Not recommended, never coming.

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We've stayed at this property several times over the past few years, but it's now starting to show its age. The lobby & breakfast area are clean & tidy, staff are nice, but the rooms need help. Our room on the 3rd floor had an A/C cover that was falling off, sticky carpet (?!), and even though it's supposed to be a non-smoking hotel, you could smell someone smoking as soon as you got off the elevator (this is coming from a former smoker, so you know it had to be bad). We understand the staff has no control over other guests, but nothing appeared to be being done to remedy the situation or neutralize the odor. Looks like we'll be looking for another go-to hotel for future trips.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

East Brunswick, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It was a good hotel, but bit away from city. However there is a good plaza with nice restaurants and bars just on the walking distance of the hotel. Free parking good wi fi and light breakfast are also good.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Naples, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2014

While we were lucky to get the last room in the hotel the quality of this place is really bad. The bathrooms are antiquated. The lamp shades were broken and a drawer could not be closed. My husband had to hand force the toilet to flush. WE were so concern with the hotel that we preferred no maid service until we left.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Metropolitan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2014

Hotel shows too many signs of neglect. Way overpriced. Broken, scratched, rotten stuff, unpleasant floors, noisy place, very little supplies, poor breakfast..it feels like sleeping in a college dormitory.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Roatan Island
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2014

We have been coming to this La Quinta for years because of the convenience location to our shopping areas while in Miami. It was one of our favorites places to stay but since our last stay it has gone from great to bad. When we made the reservation, we stated we were arriving early to see if they could accommodate us to get our room. We arrived and it was not ready but they told us they would call us to let us know when it was ready---but they didn't call. So we came back around the check in time. We have always raved about their breakfast but the staff handling it during the weekdays are very rude and they don't care if you are eating or if there are people still in the area---they pick up all the breakfast items right in front of you even if the clock says you still have between 5 to 10 minutes to the ending time. This really ticked me off---I know my husband wanted to write the name of the employee but I would rather say that it was nice to have different staff during the weekend who were more helpful and spoke English!!! And in the room---they don't completely go over it and clean it very well---so I did my own cleaning and disinfecting. Make sure you wipe the TV remote control and the areas where you put your hands and that you are not late for the breakfast hours!!!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Lakes? Share your experiences!