“Great Weekend!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in Miami Lakes
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great Weekend!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Everyone was very polite. They helped us with directions to places. The rooms were very clean and neat. The hotel is also near alot of places to eat,about 20 min away from beach and 30min away from Miami which is great!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

232 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I arrived on Saturday Morning (driving) from Baltimore Marland. Plan to live in Miami, and do not have place to live. after call and driving by several hotels.... i called LQ in Miami Lakes and spoke with Amanda about my coupon to stay there. She was a true professional. Gave me directions to get there and I also met Veronika De La Fuente the asst GM... Both of these ladies made me feel at home and welcomed. The accomodations are wonderful, neat and clean. Your staff are outstanding. Thank you... I would hightly recommend you knoowing you would make others feel the same way.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is conveniently located just west of the highway, near a business park, and less than a mile from quaint Miami Lakes city center. There is a shopping area with restaurants and sports bar just down the road. The staff is very friendly and responsive. The owner followed up on our stay with a personal email inquiring about our experience. The hotel is clean and the room was very serviceable. We will definitely stay here again.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I just stayed there while on a business trip. I did like way I was greeted at the door with a cookie and water bottle (definitely needed after a long flight and traffic).
The internet was very easy to connect to but maxed out around 0,5mbps. Good for surfing the net and checking email but trying to stream video was slow and choppy.
The room was nice. The bed was very comfortable. I usually stay at Hampton Inns (I'm actually at one right now) and I think the La Quinta bed I was in was more comfortable (feather top bed which I loved).
The room did seem a little on the worn side. It appears to have been renovated but you could tell it was older. Also, on my last day when I woke up and changed the temperature from 65 to 70 when I got out of bed the unit shut down and wouldn't restart. It didn't matter much since I was leaving in 45 minutes but if I were staying longer it may have posed a problem. It also seemed like it had a motion sensor on it because when I left the room at 68 and returned that night the room was warm and the AC wasn't running until I walked in and then everything kicked in.
I thought the hallway on the second floor had a strange odor, like old cigarettes, but this DID NOT PERMEATE TO THE ROOM. The room smelled perfect.
I thought the location of the pool was a little strange. In order to get to it you would have to leave the building, enter the parking lot, and then enter the pool. I'm a big guy so it wouldn't affect me but if you have children you may consider letting them go unaccompanied.
The breakfast was just ok. It is included which is appreciated but it only had three cereals, make your own waffle, a toaster with bagels and bread, and some make your own oatmeal. It did the job but I like a little more variety which is available at other hotel chains.
All in all it was good for the price and the staff was very helpful. It also had a good location for me to get to my interviews. Of course, getting around in Florida figuring out what is a toll road and what isn't is something completely different.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Lakes? Share your experiences!