“Excellent Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Lakes to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Lakes
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7925 North West 154th St., Miami Lakes, FL 33016   |
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Miami Lakes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is conveniently located just west of the highway, near a business park, and less than a mile from quaint Miami Lakes city center. There is a shopping area with restaurants and sports bar just down the road. The staff is very friendly and responsive. The owner followed up on our stay with a personal email inquiring about our experience. The hotel is clean and the room was very serviceable. We will definitely stay here again.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I just stayed there while on a business trip. I did like way I was greeted at the door with a cookie and water bottle (definitely needed after a long flight and traffic).
The internet was very easy to connect to but maxed out around 0,5mbps. Good for surfing the net and checking email but trying to stream video was slow and choppy.
The room was nice. The bed was very comfortable. I usually stay at Hampton Inns (I'm actually at one right now) and I think the La Quinta bed I was in was more comfortable (feather top bed which I loved).
The room did seem a little on the worn side. It appears to have been renovated but you could tell it was older. Also, on my last day when I woke up and changed the temperature from 65 to 70 when I got out of bed the unit shut down and wouldn't restart. It didn't matter much since I was leaving in 45 minutes but if I were staying longer it may have posed a problem. It also seemed like it had a motion sensor on it because when I left the room at 68 and returned that night the room was warm and the AC wasn't running until I walked in and then everything kicked in.
I thought the hallway on the second floor had a strange odor, like old cigarettes, but this DID NOT PERMEATE TO THE ROOM. The room smelled perfect.
I thought the location of the pool was a little strange. In order to get to it you would have to leave the building, enter the parking lot, and then enter the pool. I'm a big guy so it wouldn't affect me but if you have children you may consider letting them go unaccompanied.
The breakfast was just ok. It is included which is appreciated but it only had three cereals, make your own waffle, a toaster with bagels and bread, and some make your own oatmeal. It did the job but I like a little more variety which is available at other hotel chains.
All in all it was good for the price and the staff was very helpful. It also had a good location for me to get to my interviews. Of course, getting around in Florida figuring out what is a toll road and what isn't is something completely different.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Spring Hill, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I brought my wife and son to stay at this hotel for a Miami 5k. We had a great stay. The room was clean, the bathroom was clean, the breakfast was GREAT and the location was great.

There is a large shopping plaza right next door with several places to eat dinner. Anthony's Pizza was AWESOME. Best pizza I've had in Florida.

Took about a half hour to get to Miami Beach. Not too bad.

Quiet at night, so we all slept well. My wife said she would deffinately stay there again in the future. I agree.

Room Tip: Get to the breakfast buffet before 10am. They shut it down at exactly 10am. Free coffee all day wa...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We really like this hotel. We have stayed there several times as it is near our inlaws' house. It's very clean and nice, an excellent value.
Recently we were there for a family funeral - the staff was just fantastic and went the extra mile. We were very appreciative.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Crownsville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Quiet location close to several restaurants. Not bad for a quick overnight but falls far short of the quality I have experienced at other LQ's . Dingy, smelled of mold and cigarettes, Room carpet was very dirty, breakfast was sparse . Desk clerk spoke poor english and was unable to give clear directions. Just tolerable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Lakes? Share your experiences!