“Not bad... for Miami” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in Miami Lakes
Punta Gorda, Florida
“Not bad... for Miami”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

I had LONG extended stay at this hotel. The staff was great. They did a GREAT job at taking care of me and the group that i was with. There was a few small issues with the hotel its self, but overall it was a good stay. If i ever had the notion to go back to Miami, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Dont stay on the 4rth floor, unless you like smoke. The first floor is noisy, as well as near the en...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

232 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Nassau, New Providence Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

Had problem with tick in the bed,informed Front Desk. Not one applogy was given,G.M never contact me.Staff not really friendly,hats off to lady who set up breakfast item.Would not recommend this hotel, watch out for pets staying in rooms.Flea/tick problem

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Indian Harbour Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

This was an uneven stay; the hotel's location is excellent for what is on my agenda for this trip, the room very comfortable and the staff extremely friendly. However, there's no business center or even a lobby computer with printer so I had to find someplace to print a couple of pages of material and I thought the breakfast options were pretty minimal compared to other LaQuinta properties at which I've stayed in the past.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

My boyfriend and I planned a trip to Miami to watch a Dolphins football game. I didn't realize at the time how perfect the location of the hotel is. We were literally 30 minutes from the airport, football stadium, and shopping. It didn't take us long to get to South Beach either. I was absolutely thrilled about the location of the hotel and the price I paid. If visiting Miami again, I would definately go back.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

The hotel was amazing: inexpensive, clean, friendly, accommodating and downright fun. I stayed here for 6 nights and loved the morning breakfasts and the staff. Jorge especially was helpful and helped make the stay an excellent one. For the money, you cannot go wrong. I will return again. If you don't want to pay an arm and a leg - yet want a safe, clean and friendly place--this is it!!!! If you are not a smoker- stay away from the fourth floor.

Room Tip: If you are not a smoker- stay away from the fourtr
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Northwest NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

We stayed at this hotel on March 26, 2011 for 1 night prior to our cruise leaving Miami on the 27th. We were not looking for anything elaborate and we frequent La Quinta for the value received. This hotel was not a new facility, but was very nice. Most of all, the service was outstanding. The check-in took all of 2 minutes and the staff bent over backwards to offer any assistance needed. The room was clean and very nice. The only downside was the breakfast eating area. It was very small; however, the lobby was right outside the door and it provided an area for us to sit and have breakfast. There is a CVS Pharmacy, a convenience store, and a small shopping center within walking distance. We felt completely safe at this hotel and found the staff to be most helpful. We flew into Ft Lauderdale and rented a car, so transportation to the Port of Miami was not needed as we dropped off the rental car at Miami Airpport and took the rental car company shuttle bus to the port. This was a great value for the money.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Gulf Shores, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2011

We had to stay here one night when everything else in the area was already booked up. This was not our choice to stay here, but due to a reservation error we were happy to have some place to stay. We were thankful for the room and the staff was very helpful and very nice. Unfortunately, that was the only positive for us. The bedding had stains on it, which we pulled off and put together the best of the bedding that we could tolerate sleeping in. The rooms are very small. I had to climb over the bed to get to other side of the room when my husband would sit in the chair. We tried to watch a movie, but they could not get it to work at the front desk. The walls are very thin and we could here our neighbors most of the night. We were given a room on a smoking floor and everytime we had to go out into the hallway it smelled horribly of cigarettes. I have to say though that our room did not smell of smoke and that I am thankful for. We went to our original booked hotel after one night here. The hotel needs cleaning and updating. It's okay in a pinch if you have no other place to stay. Again, the staff is very helpful and pleasant, but I would not stay here again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Lakes? Share your experiences!