“Phenomenal and one of the best weeks of my life” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Breakfast & WiFi!
Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in Miami Lakes
Miami, Florida
“Phenomenal and one of the best weeks of my life”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

The hotel was amazing: inexpensive, clean, friendly, accommodating and downright fun. I stayed here for 6 nights and loved the morning breakfasts and the staff. Jorge especially was helpful and helped make the stay an excellent one. For the money, you cannot go wrong. I will return again. If you don't want to pay an arm and a leg - yet want a safe, clean and friendly place--this is it!!!! If you are not a smoker- stay away from the fourth floor.

Room Tip: If you are not a smoker- stay away from the fourtr
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

232 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Northwest NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

We stayed at this hotel on March 26, 2011 for 1 night prior to our cruise leaving Miami on the 27th. We were not looking for anything elaborate and we frequent La Quinta for the value received. This hotel was not a new facility, but was very nice. Most of all, the service was outstanding. The check-in took all of 2 minutes and the staff bent over backwards to offer any assistance needed. The room was clean and very nice. The only downside was the breakfast eating area. It was very small; however, the lobby was right outside the door and it provided an area for us to sit and have breakfast. There is a CVS Pharmacy, a convenience store, and a small shopping center within walking distance. We felt completely safe at this hotel and found the staff to be most helpful. We flew into Ft Lauderdale and rented a car, so transportation to the Port of Miami was not needed as we dropped off the rental car at Miami Airpport and took the rental car company shuttle bus to the port. This was a great value for the money.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Gulf Shores, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2011

We had to stay here one night when everything else in the area was already booked up. This was not our choice to stay here, but due to a reservation error we were happy to have some place to stay. We were thankful for the room and the staff was very helpful and very nice. Unfortunately, that was the only positive for us. The bedding had stains on it, which we pulled off and put together the best of the bedding that we could tolerate sleeping in. The rooms are very small. I had to climb over the bed to get to other side of the room when my husband would sit in the chair. We tried to watch a movie, but they could not get it to work at the front desk. The walls are very thin and we could here our neighbors most of the night. We were given a room on a smoking floor and everytime we had to go out into the hallway it smelled horribly of cigarettes. I have to say though that our room did not smell of smoke and that I am thankful for. We went to our original booked hotel after one night here. The hotel needs cleaning and updating. It's okay in a pinch if you have no other place to stay. Again, the staff is very helpful and pleasant, but I would not stay here again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2010

What a find.

My cousin lives nearby and we were in town for a wedding prior to a cruise. I picked the hotel for location and value, but I got a five-star experience!

We checked in and we each got a bag of candy (always a good way to win me over!)

The room's furniture is sleek and modern, the beds were soft and comfy. The location is right off of 826, so convenient to everywhere we wanted to go. The hotel has a work-out room, laundry and ample parking (although the spaces are a bit small).

The folks here are really friendly and helpful.

This is a hidden gem.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2010

I found out the cheapest and comfortable hotel in Miami Lakes area. There is good lift facility, rooms are very well furnished. Especially for traveller like me, the fridge, micro wave, coffee maker in room were very helpful in eating "Ready to Eat" available with me. WIFI Internet speed is very good, plus they also have Breakfast included in the deal. Breakfast was OK, but overall an amazing experience for the money paid.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2010

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Staff was helpful and friendly. Hotel was clean. Breakfast was great. Location was prefect. I don't have any negative things to say. Would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
orlando, fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2010

We stayed at the La Quinta in Miami Lakes for two nights. My husband was going to the Dolphins game with some friends from work, and I was going to hang out with our 23 month old daughter. I wanted someplace toddler-friendly that was close to the stadium, grocery stores, restaurants, and parks. I also wanted a suite so I could watch TV or work on the computer while my daughter napped in the afternoon.

We reserved a King Suite and requested a crib for the room. Check-in was fast and easy. Our Suite was fantastic; it was spotlessly clean and spacious. The living room had a small microwave and fridge, as well as a table with chairs, a sofa and easy chair, and a large TV. The bedroom also had a TV. The crib was clean and very sturdy. There was no door between the two rooms, but it was arranged such that I could tuck the crib around the corner to block the noise and light from the living room. The bathroom was very large with plentiful hot water.

We had dinner the first night in the Miami Lakes town center, about a 5 minute drive away with a decent selection of restaurants and shops. There were several restaurants within walking distance of the hotel as well. The hotel offered a complimentary breakfast each morning but we opted to go to the Einstein Bros. Bagels across the street (there was also a Starbucks). The stadium was a 15 minute drive from the hotel without taking the Turnpike. After dropping off my husband, my daugher and I visited Flamingo Gardens which I highly recommend. I took advantage of the free Wi-Fi internet service while she napped.

The only negative point to our stay was the heating unit in our room. It was unseasonably cold when we visited, and while the heater in our room worked well it was pretty loud and would bang occassionally. It was tolerable, though, and not something that would be an issue for Miami most of the year!

After reading all of the reviews I have to think that this hotel must have improved significantly over the past year. The staff couldn't have been more helpful and the room was wonderful and recently remodeled. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Lakes? Share your experiences!