“Needs help” 2 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sunrise, Florida
“Needs help”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

When we first walk down the hall to our room it smelled musty, got to the room their was dirt on the walls, When they painted the walls their was over spray all over the glass did not even clean the glass. The chair at the small desk was broken, pipes exposed in the bathroom, But service was excellent very friendly staff.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
JFerbeyre, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes, responded to this review, 2 days ago
zorack58 - We do apologize for some of the conditions you encountered during you recent stay with us and are extremely disappointed that they affected your overall experience. We are in the process of renovating and it appears we have missed some points in the process. Furniture and fixtures are beginning to arrive next week. We have reviewed your comments with our team to ensure the details you mentioned are addressed as we continue to move forward with the completion of this project. We are also grateful for the comments regarding our team and the service they provide. We look forward to completing this project and hope you have an opportunity in the near future to experience the changes.

Thank you for taking the time to share and we wish you safe travels.

Jorge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Edmonton, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I recently stayed at the Miami Lakes Hotel Indigo. The concept of a boutique neighbourhood hotel is very cool but the level of cleanliness was less than acceptable.

We arrived late the first evening and were placed in a suite on the ground floor. In addition to being very musty it was filthy. It was obvious that the room had not seen more than 10 minutes of cleaning activity in a very long time. When I called the front desk to complain in the morning, they were very obliging and within an hour had a suite on the third floor ready for us. The second room was only a little better in that it was not musty but still had an oily film on the lamps and furniture. When I opened the drapes I found windows that were not only filthy on the outside but were just as filthy on the inside. Once I spoke to the manager the room was detailed to an acceptable level but the corridors remained filthy throughout our stay.

I understand they are in the midst of doing a renovation and update but I certainly don't think a dirty hotel is acceptable under any circumstance4

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
JFerbeyre, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Floorgal - Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us and please accept our sincere apology for the conditions you encountered during your stay. Yes, we are currently in the midst of a renovation but that is no excuse for not providing a clean environment. We have reviewed your comments with our team as well layered additional measures in our renovation plan to ensure future guests are not exposed to these experiences. Our team truly appreciates you giving us this opportunity to improve and we hope that you allow us another opportunity to exceed your expectations and make up for this recent experience.

Thank you again and wishing you safe travels

port st lucie, fl
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have to qualify this review, I travel a lot, and stay at lots of hotels, so I might be really picky.

The hotel is not older and has been remodeled. It is very Chic, and modern, great colors.

Here's my beef. The hallway was atrocious. Multiple spills, discolor, and dirty. I had to carry my suite case up stairs, which seems small, but I travel all week. Lastly, it was cold and the heater didn't work. Maintenance came and said it was working, but it wasn't, I frooze all night long.

I will not be staying here again.

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
rupking - Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us and apologize for not providing you with an exceptional experience during your stay. We are in the process of a property renovation and one of the projects currently underway is replacing the carpets in the guest corridors. We have two corridors remaining to complete and look forward to eliminating the impression the former carpet is projecting. We hope that the positive aspects of your stay will allow us another opportunity to turn this recent experience around. Our team is eager to complete this project and provide our guests with the great experience we know we can deliver.

Thank you again and we wish you safe travels.

Portland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My Mom and I stayed here prior to going on a cruise. We very much enjoyed the property. The hotel staff is friendly and personable.

Michael, in the bar/restaurant went out of his way to make our dinner enjoyable.

The hotel itself is very unique - retro and groovy. The rooms are clean and comfortable.

I do worry about the cat population at the hotel. The front desk staff told me the hotel was looking for a way to get rid of the cats on the property. I only hope they find them homes or a no-kill shelter.

We will return to this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Deanna H - Great profile picture! It is wonderful to hear about your recent experience with us and the fact that Michael's commitment to service made a difference. Please rest assured that we take great care of our feline friends and they have found loving homes that they will continue to receive the love they deserve. We look forward to you next visit and again thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Safe Travels

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My Mother and I stayed here prior to our cruise. The front desk and restaurant staff were professional and very helpful. Michael in the restaurant bent over backwards to make us happy.

I hope the hotel will find a humane way to rid themselves of the cats and kittens roaming the property. I quite enjoyed them.

The hotel is a bit more than 20 minutes from Fort Lauderdale - the cab ride was $60.

Thank you for a lovely stay.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
DHMonet - We hope you and your mother had a fabulous time on your cruise. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us and know they are very much appreciated. We will be sure to share your comments with Michael as well as the rest of the team. We are also very happy to share that the mom and litter of kittens were all adopted and have a great future in loving homes. We appreciate your concern and are glad you enjoyed seeing them.

Thank you again and we wish you future safe travels.

Pittsfield, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We Stayed here While on a business trip. My colleague was worried about the reviews and I was not. Front Desk Staff were slow and busy upon our arrival, yet very nice. My colleague was happy with his room but mine had problems so they moved me. There were cats and kittens running around the pool area. It was a bit messy in places and I attribute that to renovations. The staff were very accommodating and made my stay a pleasant one.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
JFerbeyre, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
k l - Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to be of service to you and we appreciate the wonderful feedback you have provided. So sorry to hear that you encountered a bit of trouble with your initial accommodation and are thankful for the quick action of our team in providing you with new accommodations. We are very close to completing our renovations and appreciate your understanding of this process. We hope you have another opportunity in the near future to stay with us again and experience our completed new look.

Thank you again for sharing and we wish you safe travels

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel has a unique feel in that it is laid out like a hotel from the 1950 or 1960s, with a good sized property nicely surrounding a pool and a common tastefully furnished sitting area and Gazebo. They have updated and redecorated the rooms and they rooms are very large. Hotel Indigo is the boutique brand of the IHG brand and they do a very good job with this property. The staff were kind and courteous. The hotel is away from a lot of things but close to everything like restaurants, shopping and highway system

Things I liked:
- Big Rooms
- Big Bathroom
- Nice outside common area
- Free WIFI
- Free Parking
- Nice Staff
- Good Breakfast
- Close to a Grocery Store and other restaurants.
- Nice Comfy Bed

What could improve
- I thought cleanliness could be better
- Not sure they can improve this but I had a room next to the road and the noise from the road was pretty loud.
- because I think the property is older some of the items need to be looked after a little more closely. neither of my phones worked. While I did not need them, when I tried to call reception to ask a question neither were operational.

Overall think it was a very good choice and would recommend the property

Room Tip: A room away from the street