“Priced right when it's on sale” 3 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Miami Lakes
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Priced right when it's on sale”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

You know, sometimes Priceline works, sometimes it doesn't. This time it was ok. I needed a hotel for a couple of days that was convenient to Miami, Hialeah, and the airport. Priceline had this on sale at about 35% off the list price, so I got my money's worth, but no more than that. I would call it a 2.9 star, but just barely. Downside - the air conditioning can't compete with the summer humidity in the Miami area. The rooms can be below 70 degrees, and still feel damp and smell like the tropics. Upside - the people were very nice, very helpful. My stay was peaceful, no noise pollution. And this may seem odd to some - the little restaurant serves smaller portions, and prices them accordingly. I usually dislike eating in restaurants because of the wasteful portions, and the high prices. I always over-spend and over-eat. This was a pleasant change. Neutral side - the room. VERY sparsely furnished, bed was comfy but the tables, chairs and armoire (no closet) looked thrift-store quality. And again, very damp. In summary, if you need to be in the area, and can get a room on sale through one of the various hotel booking companies, it will be unexciting, but fine.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
JFerbeyre, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
DawnB_ChicagoArea - Thank you for providing us some insight into your recent stay with us and we hope you had a restful experience. We also appreciate you acknowledging our team for the service they provided you. We are sorry to hear that you encountered some issues with your air conditioning and hope we had an opportunity to correct it for you. We are also going through a property refresh project that will include updating furnishing in our guestrooms. We hope you have any opportunity to stay with us again and experience the changes.

Thanks again and safe travels.

Jorge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times. Always been upgraded to a suite, which is nice. So let's first talk about location: It's in this bizarre, 1960-70s planned community called Miami Lakes. Right off the Palmetto Expressway (very convenient) and next door to Don Shula's Steak House. It was an old Don Shula hotel turned into the Indigo. It's about a 30-40 minute drive to the beach.

Every time I check into this hotel I have a problem with the a/c. Hey management! Invest!!! It's Florida. The good news is they are always kind about moving me from room to room until we find a/c that 1. works and 2. Doesn't sound like it has asthma.

The staff is young and sweet. Not sure they could handle a really big issue, but that has never occurred. The grounds are super tropical and the pool looks nice (never used it - I'm a beach guy). The bar has pretty boring decor and has limitations, but they have cold beer and some okay food, so that worked for me.

I think I give it a 4 because it's almost like home. Worn around the edges, not everything works all the time, but comfortable.

Room Tip: The suites are nice, but check the a/c before you unpack.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
JFerbeyre, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
David C - We really appreciate your continued loyalty to us and appreciate your wonderful comments. We do have a great young team here and they are very committed to making every guest feel comfortable and I am sure they will delighted when they read your comments We are sorry to hear about the a/c troubles you have encountered but are glad that we can react and meet your expectations. A/C can be somewhat a subjective issue in South Florida but can understand your perspective and appreciate your patience. We will be sure to share your comments with our team and look forward to your next stay.

Thank you again for sharing and we wish you safe travels.

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Overall, I had a pretty good experience here. I booked through Hotels.com and the guy at the front desk promptly checked me in a friendly and efficient manner.

I booked the Executive Suite, King Bed (which was around $120/night). The hotel room is nice and its obvious that a major update has happened since the hotel is probably pretty old. The room was clean and there were adequate towels and toiletries.The living area was nice and spacious enough with its own TV and closet.

The bathroom was very nice and had a shower with one of those body spray deals on it.

The only negative I can report are fairly minor. The first is that television is pretty small compared to the sizes of the rooms. (maybe 21"). The second is that both rooms had tile floors which I find less comfortable than carpet.

Anyways the next morning, the breakfast was good and the lady who served the breakfast was friendly and attentive.

Room Tip: Try to avoid a ground level room if you can.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Jonathan T - We were delighted to hear about your recent experience with us and appreciate you taking the time to share your comments. We also appreciate your perspective regarding the size of our televisions. They are actually 32" screens but since most everyone nowadays have larger screens at home, they can appear smaller than they are. Great point to note as we begin updating the televisions in our guestrooms.

Thanks for sharing and we wish you safe travels.

Roodt/Syre
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I was once already in an Indigo Hotel in San Diego which was a fantastic place, so I booked the one in Miami Lakes without hesitation. I even got a good price with the government rate. But then we arrived at the check-in around 6 p.m , the lady at the check-in was very unfriendly unfortunately I can't remember her name , but if someone from the management wants to check who worked we were there from February 17-19. I booked a ONE KING BED EXECUTIVE SUITE NONSMOKING, so when we arrived in our room, I thought for an executive suite is this a really small room. So I went back to the reception, to ask if this room we've got was a really an executive suite, she said No senor, you have got normal room, in your reservation is written that you want any room, I said no and I showed her my reservation, she said again very rude, well no suite available now, hotel is fully booked, and then I asked her if we could at least have another room, because our room was disgustingly dirty, blood stains, the toilet was dirty, the radio also. And so she said again are you not paying attention I said hotel is fully booked, tomorrow you will have your executive suite. Wow I never got such answers in a hotel, not even in a motel. And yes I asked if somebody could come to clean that, but noone ever came, and I asked 3 times, twice by going myself back to the reception. Ok finally we stayed in the room, and the next day we've got the executive room. Which was cleaner, but also not perfect. But well ok, we were only here to sleep, next day when we checked out, there was a much friendlier man at the checkin which gave us also a discount without any hesitation when I said when had the wrong room the first night. So yeah next time when I'm in the are I won't go to that Indigo, as I said before the one in San Diego in the Gaslamp district was fantastic.
Only good thing at the hotel, the location for Fort Lauderdale, and free parking, but No I won't go back to that place!!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
JFerbeyre, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Timlux - Thank you for sharing this with us and we do offer our sincerest apologies for this experience. February is a high demand month in Miami and although we could not accommodate you in a different room, the level of service you received at check-in should have been equal to or better than what you received at checkout. We are glad that one of our team members recognized the issue and took action and we appreciate you recognizing him for doing so. We hope that this experience does not deter you from staying at Hotel Indigo properties and that you allow us another opportunity to turn your experience around. We have made several changes since your stay in February and hope that you would reconsider. We thank you again for sharing and look forward to being of service to you again.

Wishing you future safe travels.

Alachua, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

This Hotel Indigo backs to the Don Shula golf club. It is quiet and seems kind of tucked away, but not out of the way. The room was fine. The pool is OK, but has the advantage of seeming like a real tropical oasis.The cafe food was good and reasonably price but the late evening service was slow.

Room Tip: We had a room facing the golf course which was nice, but faces morning sun.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
JFerbeyre, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Ashley S - Thank you for sharing your review of Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes. So sorry to hear about the slow service you encounter during the evening hours at our restaurant and have shared this with our team. We hope to have another opportunity to be of service to you in the near future and again thank you for your time.

Safe travels

Acworth, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

The first room I was given had water all over the floor when I checked in. I was given another room. The room I was given was musty and I couldn't open the window. The hallway was even worse -- it reeked in the mornings of mildew. The bed was very uncomfortable, and the sheets felt damp every time I went to bed. I ended up with a pretty bad sinus problem when I got home and had to go see a doctor for an antibiotic, steroids, and nasal spray. (And I've stayed in Miami numerous times, and in this hotel before, and never had problems like this.)

The chair in the other room was disgusting -- dirt-stained, with hair on it from one of the previous guests. Housekeeping was pretty poor -- some days, I would get one clean towel and a washcloth (no bath rug); other days, I'd get three of everything.

I'll add that the young woman working the front desk was very nice and helpful. It just seems that ownership/management does not care much about the property or rooms.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
JFerbeyre, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Joe30102 - We were sorry to hear about your recent experience with us and regret not being able to provide you with a more comfortable and enjoyable stay. We do appreciate the feedback and hope you have recovered from your sinus trouble. We are working on some property renovations over the summer and hope you give us another opportunity to turn your experience around.

Thank you for your time and safe travels.
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Considering the name attached I expected more but hot less. Could be I set myself or he hotel up for hat one when you up in with high hopes. Location is amazing for shopping, dining and golfing. Close to airport and highways. Room had a great view of he fairway but the ceiling had cracks showing the joints. Bathroom was very uncomfortable with no vanity space at all. Zero. Zilch. Toiletries have to go on the toilet tank because they have modern bowl sink that sit on a small round table. Paint was rough and the handles had some calcium buildup. Ac was very loud but I can't get over the view. That made the stay much better.

• Stayed May 2014
HotelG418 - Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We were happy to hear that you enjoyed your view and what our surrounding neighborhood has to offer. We do apologize for some of the conditions you found in your room. We would tend to agree that vanity space in your room was limited and we are addressing that in our summer renovation plans. We have also started to change the shower handles as the original ones were experiencing failure with the factory finish. We hope that the aspects you enjoyed about our property will bring you back to see some of the changes taking place over the summer. We do have a great location and with the renovation taking place, we know you will find our property even more appealing as your preferred destination in Miami Lakes.

Thank you again for sharing and we wish you safe travels.

Jorge

Been to Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes? Share your experiences!