“I absolutely loved it” 4 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 4 hotels in Miami Lakes
“I absolutely loved it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

I just left this morning. I absolutely loved this place. All the staff are super nice and the cleaning ladies are the best. Ill be coming back here for sure. It was conveniently located and the area was nice. The floor I stayed on was very quite and peaceful. Great hotel and the staff are wonderful.

• Stayed April 2013
JFerbeyre, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Kep23 - Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes and for the wonderful comments you have expressed about our team. We truly pride ourselves in providing a great experience for our guests and always look forward to hearing from our them.

Thanks Again and Safe Travels

220 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I travel to Miami Lakes for business at least twice a month and always stay at Hotel Indigo. It is by far, the best of the bunch there. To start, the staff are fantastic, always accommodating, warm and friendly, they are consistently a pleasure to deal with. The rooms are nicely sized - a single is comfortable and the suites are great.

The rooms are clean, beds comfortable. The bathrooms are a little tight, but no real complaints there. Free wi-fi is really nice, but they could update their pipe - if the hotel is full it can slow to a crawl, but again, a nitpick. Food / room service is limited, but there are plenty of decent places to eat nearby.

One of the best perks is that they are affiliated with Shula's Athletic Club and guests have full privileges there. A short drive and clay courts await for tennis (at no charge) and a full gym. That is simply awesome.

I would book here with for family as well - lot's do and they look to be taken care of well. I highly recommend.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Orbital1 - Thank you for making Hotel Indigo your choice hotel when traveling to Miami Lakes. Glad to hear you take advantage of the great athletic facility we have to offer. It is one of the best in South Florida and we are very proud to be able to share it with our guests. I also want to mention that we are currently working on increasing our bandwidth for our WIFI and apologize if it caused you too much of an inconvenience. We know you have plenty of choices when traveling and appreciate your loyalty to Hotel Indigo and look forward to being of service to you for many years to come.

Thanks Again and Safe Travels

Lutz, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed at the companion hotel to Shula's, called Hotel Indigo. It's just a few blocks from the main hotel - and right on the Shula's Golf Course. Wonderful rooms - very restful. Excellent service provided by everyone! I recommend both Shula's and Hotel Indigo whenever your plans call for a Miami visit. I'll be back there next month...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Mark P - Great to hear about your recent experience at Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we look forward to our next stay.

Tampa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I recently stayed at the Hotel Indigo for the first time and I must it was a wonderful experience. When i arrived the front desk staff were excellent. They gladly changed my room from a queen double to a king suite (which was an upgrade). The staff dealing with breakfast were friendly and service was quick. I had one situation that I was not happy about, after being gone all day, when I returned my room had not been cleaned. When I contacted the front desk, they made sure someone came and took care of the situation right away. I can say from check in to check out I was pleased with my experience. I have an annual trip that I take to Miami and I've always stayed at the Don Shula, as I was leaving this year I told Chris, the manager, I've found my new vacation spot...Hotel Indigo.

Room Tip: Get a King Suite, you'll love it!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
JFerbeyre, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
cacolemanjohnson - It is so wonderful to hear your comments and we appreciate you taking the time to share them with us. We look forward to being your new vacation destination and again appreciate your kind words.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

As an employee of Hyatt, my expectations of hotel rooms, value and service is very high. I booked the room through hotwire.com; not even knowing what i was going to get. The young lady that assisted me at the front desk when i arrived was prompt, cheerful and very helpful, unfortunately her name escapes me. As a woman stay on her own at a hotel, security is very important. The area Hotel Indigo is located in is a decent area and each floor can only be accessed with a room key. The wallpaper in the hotel rooms and some of the decorations are somewhat outdated/cheesy but they add character and warmth to the atmosphere. I even enjoyed the small balcony over looking the tiki bar and pool area in the center of the premise. Its not a luxury hotel /resort by any means, but it served its purpose for being a clean, comfort, and convenient hotel experience for the few nights I was there.

• Stayed March 2013
JaciH - Thank you for sharing your experience at Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes and value your time. We can appreciate your high expectations from being in the business and we were happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that your high expectations were met. We can also appreciate the concern for our female travelers and understand security to be a top priority. Thank you for sharing your insights on that aspect of our hotel. We hope to be of service to you again in the near future.

Stuart, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed on business Feb.14th.. The neighborhood was good no worries there, The staff was excellent. The hotel was a bit worn around the edges and the usual European minimalist chic decor.
The bathroom ceiling went to the next floor with all the plumbing exposed from the bathroom above, it was all painted nicely but why not put a dropped ceiling?
For the price I don't want feel like I'm in the boiler room of a ship. Not cool. I was fortunate the unit above was not occupied otherwise I would hear the shower & toilet.
Also of note IS PVC PIPE OK ON FIRE SPRINKLER SYSTEM? I CANNOT IMAGINE THIS IS TO FIRE CODE.
At 3:45 am I was awakened by loud banging of sounded like a laundry tub/cart trying to get through the doors at the end of the hall. This happened 2 or 3 time in a 5 minute span....I guess if that person had to be up they wanted everyone up....not cool
I have stayed a number of times at the Indigo downtown St Pete & loved it. The staff is great & the hotel is clean & well maintained. The staff at Miami Lakes were very courteous but this hotel needs help.
I hope the fire sprinklers are up to code, this issue makes me uncomfortable

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear Tim D,

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
State College, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Our first impression was very good. Friendly, helpful front desk staff. Trendy decor that you expect at hotel indigo. I chose this hotel largely based on the beautiful landscaping and tiki hut by the pool. No sterile suburban concrete. Although it becomes obvious that this was a refurbished older hotel it's ok. The rooms are large and nice though a refridgerator would be good. Small restaurant in the hotel was not so good with microwaved breakfast entrees and lousy coffee. Otherwise ours was a very nice stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes? Share your experiences!