“Loved it!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Miami Lakes
Tampa
“Loved it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I recently stayed at the Hotel Indigo for the first time and I must it was a wonderful experience. When i arrived the front desk staff were excellent. They gladly changed my room from a queen double to a king suite (which was an upgrade). The staff dealing with breakfast were friendly and service was quick. I had one situation that I was not happy about, after being gone all day, when I returned my room had not been cleaned. When I contacted the front desk, they made sure someone came and took care of the situation right away. I can say from check in to check out I was pleased with my experience. I have an annual trip that I take to Miami and I've always stayed at the Don Shula, as I was leaving this year I told Chris, the manager, I've found my new vacation spot...Hotel Indigo.

Room Tip: Get a King Suite, you'll love it!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
JFerbeyre, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
cacolemanjohnson - It is so wonderful to hear your comments and we appreciate you taking the time to share them with us. We look forward to being your new vacation destination and again appreciate your kind words.

Safe Travels

Jorge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

As an employee of Hyatt, my expectations of hotel rooms, value and service is very high. I booked the room through hotwire.com; not even knowing what i was going to get. The young lady that assisted me at the front desk when i arrived was prompt, cheerful and very helpful, unfortunately her name escapes me. As a woman stay on her own at a hotel, security is very important. The area Hotel Indigo is located in is a decent area and each floor can only be accessed with a room key. The wallpaper in the hotel rooms and some of the decorations are somewhat outdated/cheesy but they add character and warmth to the atmosphere. I even enjoyed the small balcony over looking the tiki bar and pool area in the center of the premise. Its not a luxury hotel /resort by any means, but it served its purpose for being a clean, comfort, and convenient hotel experience for the few nights I was there.

• Stayed March 2013
JaciH - Thank you for sharing your experience at Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes and value your time. We can appreciate your high expectations from being in the business and we were happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that your high expectations were met. We can also appreciate the concern for our female travelers and understand security to be a top priority. Thank you for sharing your insights on that aspect of our hotel. We hope to be of service to you again in the near future.

Safe Travels

Stuart, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed on business Feb.14th.. The neighborhood was good no worries there, The staff was excellent. The hotel was a bit worn around the edges and the usual European minimalist chic decor.
The bathroom ceiling went to the next floor with all the plumbing exposed from the bathroom above, it was all painted nicely but why not put a dropped ceiling?
For the price I don't want feel like I'm in the boiler room of a ship. Not cool. I was fortunate the unit above was not occupied otherwise I would hear the shower & toilet.
Also of note IS PVC PIPE OK ON FIRE SPRINKLER SYSTEM? I CANNOT IMAGINE THIS IS TO FIRE CODE.
At 3:45 am I was awakened by loud banging of sounded like a laundry tub/cart trying to get through the doors at the end of the hall. This happened 2 or 3 time in a 5 minute span....I guess if that person had to be up they wanted everyone up....not cool
I have stayed a number of times at the Indigo downtown St Pete & loved it. The staff is great & the hotel is clean & well maintained. The staff at Miami Lakes were very courteous but this hotel needs help.
I hope the fire sprinklers are up to code, this issue makes me uncomfortable

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear Tim D,

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
State College, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Our first impression was very good. Friendly, helpful front desk staff. Trendy decor that you expect at hotel indigo. I chose this hotel largely based on the beautiful landscaping and tiki hut by the pool. No sterile suburban concrete. Although it becomes obvious that this was a refurbished older hotel it's ok. The rooms are large and nice though a refridgerator would be good. Small restaurant in the hotel was not so good with microwaved breakfast entrees and lousy coffee. Otherwise ours was a very nice stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Lutz, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I usually stay at the companion hotel, Shula's Hotel. This was my first time at the Indigo, and I really liked it!! A very "Florida" style hotel -right next to the Shula's Golf Course. Beautiful rooms, very well appointed.
If you are travelling with a sports team to the Miami are, I highly recommend this hotel. It has plenty of extras and is a very relaxing place for teams to stay and get ready for their contests.
All in all, this is one of my favorite hotels anywhere....

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the golf course are really neat.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

The staff are what makes this hotel so brilliant! - I hope I can remember all their names: Jovan, Natalie, David, Gio, Yohanus (sorry I spelt it wrong!)
These guys made us feel so welcome and were really helpful and fun!
The pool is lovely (if a bit cold, or should I say refreshing?), the communal area has plenty of shade for the non-sun bunnies!
The food was great - I'm already missing the bbq chicken pizza.
See y'all very soon!

Room Tip: Request a balcony if you're a smoker
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
JFerbeyre, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
DebsandAdrian - Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. The team will be really happy to hear that they were able to provide you with such an experience. They are truly passionate about what they do and we are glad you noticed. We look forward to being of service to you again in the near future. BBQ pizza included.

Thanks again and safe travels

2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Wow! When you walk in the Lobby you are greeted with an extremely strong odor of air freshener. It was almost sickening. The lobby is a little run down and is in desperate need of a thorough cleaning and a can of paint. The wall decor is left over from the 80s - it's time for an upgrade, please. The Lobby Staff were nice and helpful, but the first impression had me worried. We arrived at the room and wondered if it had been cleaned. We could clearly see dirty footprints on the bathroom floor. There were big black cast iron pipes exposed on the bathroom ceiling. It was like they forgot to put in the dropped ceiling...it felt, and looked, like we were in the basement. Not attractive at all. There were globs of long black hair pasted to two of the shower walls. Yuk! The hand-held shower head was broken off from the extension hose and there was a dirty towel under the sink. Like I mentioned ealier, we didn't think this room was cleaned properly. The desk chair was stained and broken (leaning to one side, like sinking ship). The larger love seat was dirty and stained as well. Didn't even want to put my suitcase on it. The bedroom floors were tiled and cold. The walls were paper thin and the room was far from sound proofed - wheels from rolling suitcases awakened us at 5 AM. Pipes in the walls clanked all night long. The bed matress had to be at least 20 years old - probably original when the place was built. When the air conditioner cycled off, the room became immediately stuffy and damp. The grounds were nice, but could have been better. The pool was clean, but the decking around the pool needed a power washing. The covered sitting area by the pool was dirty and in disrepair... curtains that hung from the overhang were filthy and torn. The only nice area was the small fitness room. It was clean, had fresh towels, and relatively new equipment. Although this property is on the Don Shula Country Club grounds, Don would not want his name or reputation associated with this hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room in the back - away from the Hwy noise near by. We were in the back, but could still hear...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
TVinoski - We are very sorry to hear about your recent experience with us and we regret not having an opportunity to make them right before your departure. We do thank you for sharing this with us and we will be sure to share this with our team. Our guest's experiences are important to us and we will be sure to use your comments as opportunities to prevent future guests from similar experiences. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Jorge

Been to Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes? Share your experiences!