“Very "Miami", nice rooms, slight musk, loud.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Miami Lakes
Tampa, Florida
“Very "Miami", nice rooms, slight musk, loud.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

The location is great. It is right next to a Shula's steakhouse which is my favorite steakhouse. The Shula's in tampa is in an Intercontinental Hotel which is VERY nice so I assumed this would be just as luxurious. Not so much. The rooms were very "Miami". Very bright colors and ultra modern sheik. Our room had a musty smell it it. Kind of like it used to be a smoking room. Toilet did not flush unless you hold the handle down. Room was VERY humid and moist the entire stay....which made our clothes moist too. Out last night stay was interrupted by saws and drilling in the adjacent room at 8a.m. The night before we were awoken by the unnecessarily loud talking between the spanish house keepers.

Over all, the hotel was nice. I probably wont stay again. Was just too loud.

• Stayed November 2012
JFerbeyre, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Dcarr777- Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes. We are very sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations and are disappointed you encountered some challenges during your stay. We hope that in the future you will give us another opportunity to turn this experience around.

Thanks again and safe travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Great Stay..... Friendly Staff. I have stayed at this facility several times during the past year for work. I was not at all disappointed. HSIA was dependable. I enjoy staying at this property when in the area for work.

Room Tip: The Suites are spacious and comfortable!!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
JFerbeyre, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Sparky575 - Thank you for your continued loyalty. We are very happy to continue to provide you a great experience and are committed to exceeding your expectations on every stay. Thank you again and we appreciate you taking the time to post your review.

Lake Charles, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Our professional association met in October 2012 in Miami Lakes, FL and the Hotel Indigo was our hotel site. Rooms were bright and clean, very comfortable. The hospitality of the staff, especially Guest Service Manager Chris Conte, was superb! The Indigo restaurant provided a good place for breakfast and evening relaxation. We were disappointed that the adjoining restaurant was unexpectedly closed on Sunday afternoon.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
JFerbeyre, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Kathleen B- on behalf of the entire Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes team, we thank you for choosing us as your host hotel. It was truly our pleasure to serve you all as we could not have asked for a nicer group to have stay with us. We are very appreciative of your review and look forward to hosting your group again in the near future.

Port Orange, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

The hotel has a shuttle that will take you within a mile of the hotel. The little bar/restaurant is convenient too. Looks like a good business traveler's hotel; but I don't think I'd use it again as my Miami vacation location. Had to take a taxi everywhere we went.

Room Tip: FYI, the pool isn't heated. If you are used to heated pools, you may be unpleasantly suprised.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
David P -Thank you for staying at Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes and for sharing your review. We hope you enjoyed your vacation in Miami and we look forward to the next opportunity to serve you.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

I was put up in Hotel Indigo by my company for a business trip. The first room they gave me had a broken balcony door ( it didn't lock), was damp and smelled of mold. The staff upgraded me to a suite. I woke up covered in bug bites. I stripped the covers off and found bed bugs all over the mattress! The upholstery was filthy in both rooms, as well as damp. I actually left the room to sleep in my car in the parking lot. My coworkers experienced similar problems, including copious amounts of hair on the floors and in the bed. This place needs to be bulldozed. It's disgusting. The only thing I will say was the desk staff was nice. However, that cannot make up for the ants in the bathroom or the fact that I had to treat all my luggage and work clothes with insecticide for fear of bringing bed bugs home with me.

• Stayed October 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear MandiLeo,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are sincerely concerned when situations like these occur and would like to investigate further. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional information about your experience.

Myrna M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Gastonia, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Hello
I was there this past weekend with Ministries United by Faith as a group rate.
My review of the hotel and the staff is excellent.
Chris (at the front desk) was so helpful in every way we needed him to be. Very professional and attentive to the needs of the guest.
Daniel is a very impressive young man and was so nice to myself and the young lady that accompanied me.
Your rooms are beautiful and the decor matches Florida.
I would return again and I am recommending this hotel to anyone in the area.
Thank you for such a wonderful stay.

oh the beds are so comfortable.... I could have slept all day

Room Tip: Corner suites are very large and very sunny
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Gladys C - Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It was a pleasure having your group stay with us and we look forward to your next visit. We have also shared your comments with our team and they are very appreciative of them.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

I was here on a business trip for 5 days and the staff was very nice, helpful, and accommodating. Couldn't have been more pleased with my stay here. Great job! Plus, it seems like they have a small staff so I'm very impressed that everyone maintains such a great attitude day in and day out.

• Stayed September 2012
JFerbeyre, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
RachelH1987- We appreciate the wonderful review you have posted regarding your recent stay at Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes. The staff truely enjoys what they do and we are so happy you noticed. Thank you for your time and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Safe travels.

Been to Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes? Share your experiences!