“A bit outdated, but a nice place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Shula's Hotel & Golf Club
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6842 Main Street, Miami Lakes, FL 33014   |
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Miami Lakes
Florida
“A bit outdated, but a nice place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2010

We stayed there so we could go to a Miami Dolphin game for Monday night football. Apparently we weren't the only ones because the lobby was full of football fans. The lobby and room were clean, but a bit dated. There were chips in the furniture and nicks here in there, but overall it was pleasant. Our room opened up to the pool which was awesome for a late night swim. The hotel bar was packed and with happy hour the drink deals were too good to pass up. The ladies at the front desk were very courteous and helpful. The hotel is situated close to the airport, but we couldn't hear any of the planes in the room.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
JFerbeyre, Manager at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, November 1, 2010
Football season is a great time to be had here at Shula's. We enjoy the energy that Miami Dolphin and U of M Hurricanes home games bring and there is no better place to experience that energy than Shula's. We thank you for sharing your experience with us and we hope to see you back at Shula's again real soon. Go Dolphins!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
san diego
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

Booked this trip thru hotelguide.com and was never informed that I would not be able to have the room until 7PM until I arrived after driving 3 1/2 hours to attend the University of Miami game. Obviously getting room that late I was frustrated along with many others since we were only offered to use their athletic club across the street. My idea is not showering or getting ready in a public place when I should have a room. They gave me a $5 gift certificate to used at Shula's steak house (what a joke since steaks are around $30+ and a drink certificate (they were out of the wine I wanted to I had to upgrade to the next wine and pay the difference since the certificate was only good for $10). What horrible customer service.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
JFerbeyre, Manager at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, October 13, 2010
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We apologize for the 7pm check -in and the lack of options offered to you. We have shared this with our team and we are committed to preventing such an occurence from repeating itself. We hope you had a great time at the game and hope that you will afford us another opportunity in the future to turn your experience around.

Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2010

September 6, 2010

Don Shula's Hotel & Golf Club
6842 Main Street
Hialeah, FL 33014-2097

To Whom It May Concern:

I stayed in the Don Shula hotel and Golf Club in Miami Lakes, Florida on September 5, 2010 and checked out September 6, 2010. I booked the hotel over the phone and thought I had secured a great price of $89 per night, plus tax. But when I checked out, my bill was $70.57 higher than I expected. I advised Joanne at check out that I had already paid for the room the night before – paying $80.00 cash and $20.51 on my card plus a $50.00 holding fee. I advised that all I needed was a receipt because again, the room was paid for, but my credit card was charged anyway.
When I called and advised Joanne of the error, there was no apology and I was blown off and told that it would refunded after the “holiday”.

Another incident that occurred was in the dining hall at 9:30 am, me and my guest sat down and waited to order and sat there for 40 minutes. I had to get up and call who I thought was a manager-Ronnie and ask why were we not waited on when people who arrived after us had been waited on and served. Now I am not the one to play the race game but it made me feel as if we sat there because we were women of color. Because of this ordeal, me and my guest decided to leave your hotel which is why we checked out the next day (September 6,2010) and find another for the duration of our stay.

This was my first time staying at the Don Shula Hotel and Golf Club and I thought that it would be impeccable service because of the referrals that I got and it was not, I am displeased to say the least and will let all of my friends/colleagues know about this experience. This kind of behavior is unacceptable. Please know that we
will not be staying in the Don Shula hotel and Golf Club the future

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We have reviewed your comments with our staff and revisited the service points mentioned. We are disappointed when we do not meet our guests' expectations but always strive to improve after receiving such feedback. We do hope another opportunity to turn your experience around is a possibility.

Thanks again for sharing
Tampa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2010

We came to Miami for our family vacation and wanted so bad to stay on the beach. Well, we stay at the BW on the beach for only one night, it was the worse experience every! I contacted the Don Shula and asked for a room for the rest of our vacation and without question they made it happen! It was the best stay I've every had. The staff and the hotel was great!!! I travel alot for work and when I'm in the Miami area, I will always stay at the Don Shula! See you next year when we return!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience. I will be sure to share your comments with our team and we hope to have you as our guest again real soon.
Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2010

Online, the hotel looks great, in person, not so much. Upon arrival, hotel looked dated, but not bad. The room was horrible. The carpet was filthy, stains everywhere. The bathroom was covered in body hair, as were the sheets on the bed. We also had the room next door and it was equally as dirty. In addition to the hair on the sheets in the first room, there were also several stains. It is by far the most disgusting place I have ever seen. We immediately left the room and told the front desk staff we were leaving. The only upside: the hotel staff tried to make things right by offering us the presidential suite. After our experience with the first two rooms, we politely declined and found another hotel.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2010

I apologize if I spelled your name wrong, you made my vacation.

I was visiting for a friend's wedding. I arrived pretty late to the hotel and came across this wonderful girl at the desk. After informing her this was the first time I'd been on vacation with my boyfriend, she was patient as I debated what type of room I wanted for 10 minutes and helped us find a delightful room with a great view and then suggested places that we might like to go, like South Beach, shopping, etc. The room was cute and I liked that our back door led right into the lawn and fountain.

The only minor things that I had a glitch with were that the shower curtain wasn't wide enough, so water splashed into the the bathroom and that the bath tub drained slowly so you sort of marinated in water as you showered.

I do fair warn that it's sort of in a residential area. I had a late night craving and there is a Johnny Rockets near by, but it was swarming with teenage children as was the shopping center's courtyard.

I would definitely go back to stay in a heartbeat.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
St Croix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2010

After a long drive there, he made our check-in easy, made us feel special, and accomodated us to the best of his abilities. In the morning, the maintenance man (name escapes me) came to our rescue immediately as we could not get the sliding glass door open. Loved the clean, crisp bedding! Beautiful golf course view. Loved the location also!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Shula's Hotel & Golf Club? Share your experiences!