“Signature ” 3 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6842 Main Street, Miami Lakes, FL 33014   |
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Miami Lakes
“Signature ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Stayed here while on a buiness trip. The hotel is surrounded by shops and resturants. The surroundings is the only perk of this hotel.

The hotel is old and you can see that some renovations have occurred but it's not close to being a modern hotel. The signature floor is not worth the money. You only have access to the lounge, computers, etc during the lounge hours. After hours the lounge is lock and you can't even get in for a bottle water.

Over all, the experience was not bad but I would not stay here again at these prices. Honestly, I would not come back unless I was forced. Was not impressed at all.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Elora, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We double ended our cruise by staying at Don Shula's in Miami Lakes and would do it again in a heartbeat. Love the location, pool was fantastic and rooms were clean and beds comfortable. I wouldn't say the food was 5 star, but there were six of us and we all enjoyed our meals and fairly priced too. I would recommend this resort to anyone....

Room Tip: We had two different rooms, both great....so you can't go wrong !
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Malaga, Spain
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Spacy room, reasonable atmosphere and close to restaurants. Breakfast not so good and they forgot my laundry :-(. Had dinner in shulas restaurant and was not impressed. Room cleanliness could be better. Might try something else next time.

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Adriana T, Manager at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Maurice959 – Thank you for sharing your comments with us. Your feedback is sincerely appreciated as it allows us to evaluate our areas of improvement. We are glad you enjoyed the layout of your room as well as the location of our property, and we regret not having provided you with an overall exceptional stay. We would love to have another opportunity to be of service and deliver a raving fan experience on your next trip to Miami Lakes.

Frisco, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

My husband and I stayed 4 nights at the Shula. We loved the "boutique" feel of the room and it's surroundings. The Aveda Spa was amazing! We enjoyed long walks around the neighborhoods and the restaurants nearby. Weekend breakfast was delicious. The shops were just okay, the Main Street area needs some serious updating. Hotel was perfect.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
kitteeS – Our team here at Shula’s appreciates your time reviewing our property. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are glad you and your husband enjoyed your time in Miami Lakes. Our town is quite unique and inviting, and we are pleased your were able to take advantage of different spots in our neighborhood as well as a nice and relaxing service at The Spa at Shula’s. We hope that your future travels bring you back to the area, so we can continue to provide simply great service.

Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel is very average all around - if it were a colour it would be tan. This can be a good thing as there is nothing overly wrong or good about the place; it's just not very memorable.

The only thing that is above average was the staff. I found them very helpful no matter what I asked of them (there was an incident with the cleaning lady not cleaning up the garbage but she did clean up my baggy of powdered tide and so I was then unable to clean my socks and underwear - they actually went to the store and replaced it!).

The good: Very good location to a bit of shopping, restaurants (I REALLY recommend the Mexican one in the strip mall...so good), and the grocery store.

The bad: The wifi is the worst here. It is pretty much non existent. So if you actually need to get on to do any sort of work good luck because even simple things like checking your emails are a difficult task to do.

The rest: average.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Artemis88 - Greetings from Miami Lakes to Canada! Thank you for the insight on your experience in our property. We have shared your comments with our staff, and we are glad to hear that our team was able to help with every request during your stay. Our team understands that servicing our guests is our main priority and accommodating guests' needs is our daily goal. Shula's Hotel is proud to have a perfect location surrounded by many different dining options and just about everything you need, and we are glad you were able to explore and take advantage of our beautiful neighborhood. We understand that not being able to connect to the internet could be frustrating especially on a business trip, and we apologize for this inconvenience. Our internet connection was recently upgraded, so there should be no reason for a connection problem. I have sent you a private message to hopefully get the specific room number where you stayed, so we can identify the reason for the connection difficulties. Once again thank you for taking the time to share your comments, and we hope that you can give us another opportunity to impress you on every level.

Clearwater, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed at Shula's for my boyfriend's birthday weekend getaway. The hotel was exactly as pictured online. Every thing about it was perfect. The location was great. It is located 30 mins from everything that we had planned. Vicky at the front desk was amazing. She made our reservations for the shuttle and dinner at Shula's Steakhouse while we were at the beach. She called an confirmed the information. The shuttle was waiting for us 5 minutes early. We were seated at dinner 10 mins early. It was amazing. Patty (the waitress) at Shula's was nothing short of great. The food was great and the $25 gift card came in handy.
Check out was at 12 noon. We called for a later check out and it was honored.
We will definitely be staying at here for our future trips to Miami Lakes.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor by the meeting rooms. There was only noise during the morning hours an...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
CRGDS2001 - We are very happy that you and your boyfriend enjoyed your stay at Shula’s on your special weekend getaway. Our property has beautiful grounds, and we are glad you were able to fully enjoy a raving fan Shula experience. We are very appreciative for your kind words about Vicky and Patty. They sincerely care for our guests and are very proud to have been part of your positive experience in our property. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed a memorable dinner at Shula’s Steak House, and we hope you plan to visit us again soon.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Please read before booking.
I am so mad at the hotel because they shouldn't offer packages they don't have.
it was my anniversary and they have a romance package online. It included a suite room, champagne and chocolate coveredstrawberries delivered to your room, breakfast the following morning and a couples massage. Since it was our anniversary I thought this would be a nice quiet place for us to forget at least for one day our routine. The package wasn't available online so I called the hotel directly and asked them about it. They said it was no problem and that they could get my reservation through the phone. She gave a price and I thought it was fantastic for everything included. I asked 200 times since I couldn't believe I was getting everything mentioned. I also made it clear it was going to be a surprise for my husband and I wanted no bumps in the road.

Check in: I get there and they found my reservation. I told them face to face of the package I got and the lady said let me get my manager....she didn't even tried to help me. The manager came and said that there was no such package. I opened their website on my phone and showed it to them he then called someone else. Check in took around an hour and half. I had to give them an extra 200 because definitely my package wasn't "available" I had to give them the money since I had all plans made for that day and where was I gonna go at that time? Check in is at 3 and with all the issues and have a sit and wait and let me call it was already 4. The girl told me my room wasn't ready for another 30 minutes.

2) we had no problems with our room. Everything was clean and nice. They delivered the champagne andstrawberries with whipped cream no chocolate covered strawberries but that was fine with us.

3) Next day we had no issues with our breakfast either

4) Spa, oh boy the biggest embarrassment of my life. We go in everything is fine. We get our massage and checking out the lady sais 274 and it's normally 18% tiP. I tell her the whole package story she had us sit down in front of other people bbecause she is there to charge and needed to straighten out the situation. It took her like 15 min. All the relaxed I was went down the drain. At the end they fixed it But how problematic everything was.

4) I know I'm not reviewing the restaurant but it was truly the other side of the coin. Excellent service and quality.

I don't think I'll go back to them for what I spent I could have gone to a more luxurious hotel at the beach. It's all about the name.

• Stayed March 2015
Maybi C – Thank you for the feedback on your most recent stay. We regret not having met your expectations with the Romance Package you reserved. It is an incredible deal for a two night stay, but we understand that the options suggested by our team did not meet your expectations. Please accept our apologies for not delivering a memorable experience on your romantic getaway. We understand that the confusion with payment at our spa was unpleasant and disturbed your relaxing experience. Please be assured that we are constantly reviewing our procedures and appreciate your feedback as it allows us to work on our areas of improvement.
Once again, thank you for your time and we hope to have another opportunity to be of service.

Adriana

Been to Shula's Hotel & Golf Club? Share your experiences!