“Look Elsewhere” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Miami Lakes
Nashville, Tennessee
“Look Elsewhere”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The hotel is very dated and not worth the price. Bathroom was mildewed. Pillows were lumpy. The a/c was the kind I'd expect to find at a discount chain with a room half the price. Overall, the property was very noisy and not at all what we expected.

On a brighter note, I did enjoy both the Shulas Golf Course and the original Shulas Steakhouse. But the hotel was a huge disappointment.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Binbrook, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

This is my third stay at Shula's for business and will be my last. Our company regularly uses this hotel for employees visiting our nearby facility and I will encourage booking elsewhere going forward. On my first two stats I has very nice rooms with no issues and didn't understand all the negative reviews about bad service ... I do now. I arrived to my room rather late after a late flight into the area and got to my room at 10 pm. Upon trying to watch tv I found it to be broken. After trying all the basics (is it plugged in etc) I called the front desk and the told me they would send an engineer up to look into the problem. After waiting until 1130 I gave up and went to sleep. The next morning I found the bed side lamp was also broken and asked the front desk to have them fixed while I was out for the day. Upon arriving back at the room I found the tv fixed but the lamp still not working (a problem considering the only other light in the room is a desk lamp and the bathroom light) and water all over the floor by the ac unit. I called the front desk and again I was promised an engineer would be up. I waited over an hour and a half and called the front desk to speak to a manager who I was told was unavailable and would call me back. I waited another half hour before going to the front desk and finally got to see the missing in action engineer and manager. The manager apologized but only offered another room upon my suggestion. The engineer fixed the lamp so I didn't see a point in accepting another room since I was checking out the next day but honestly this service level is BRUTAL. Yes the grounds and surrounding area is nice but this is Miami and I'm sure other hotels can offer similar appearance and aesthetics with service to match because Shula's does not!

Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
JFerbeyre, Manager at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Mike R - Thank you for the opportunity to gain some insight into your recent stay and we sincerely apologize for the service issues you encountered. Our team is very committed to providing our guests with simply great service and your recent experience is very disappointing to us. We are reviewing your comments with our team in attempts to identify where the lapse in service occurred to ensure it does not occur in the future. We do not enjoy receiving these types of reviews but understand the value of them and appreciate the opportunity it provides. We hope that your previous positive experiences with us persuades you to give us another opportunity to turn this recent one around. Thank you again for taking the time to share this with us.

Safe travels

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed from Dec 31st 2014 till Jan 6th 2015, at the moment of the arrival early morning the hotel was fully booked so there was no chance for an early check in which is perfectly understandable, but we were welcomed to stay around and use all the facilities until our room was ready, which is nice because the hotel has a lot of things, this hotel is at the level of a good golf resort, the pool is great, the services are always prompt and the staff is very accommodating.
The reason I'm not giving five stars is because the clean maids are very noisy, the start running around in the hallways very early in the morning and they yell at each other from one end to the other of the hallways in front of all the bedroom doors, at the time we were travelling with our 19 months old baby that woke up very upset crying because the hallway was a war zone.
At the time of the reservation there was a $25 coupon for the Steak house but the stake house is in another facility, they take you in a shuttle bus there with the surprised that they have an strict dress code, of course we were in Miami, as hot as it is, I wasn't wearing suit, I was medium casual (docker pants, and polo shirt, casual shoes) and my wife was casual with low heels shoes (no snickers), when we got there, the hostess looked at us from head to toe (literally) and told us that we were not properly dressed for the restaurant and that we could only get to the sports bar, so we sat at the sports bar, very noisy, we were able to order from the main menu of the fancy (heaven's door restaurant) but the menu has nothing for kids, this restaurant is for Winston Churchill Style people only, so the waiter talked to the cook and he prepared an emergency mac'n cheese, at the end we couldn't use the $25 coupon because is for dinners of $100 or more (is in the coupon written is microscopic letters) and ours was around $80, If I knew this before I could order desert to go and make it 100 and take 25 off, but it was already too late.
Pros:
Great Facilities, in the heart of Miami Lakes, easy access to the express way, lot of parking, quite neighborhood, big rooms, clean spotless bathrooms, friendly front desk and shuttle bus staff.
Cons:
Far away from all touristic attractions, you need a car, noisy clean maids in the hallways.

Room Tip: If you wake up early all rooms are quite, but after 8:00 AM the clean maids start yelling in the hal...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Javier H - Thank you for choosing us as your getaway destination and we hope you enjoyed your time in Miami Lakes. We appreciate the feedback regarding the room attendants and your experience while dining with us. We have reviewed your comments regarding your room experience with our housekeeping team in order to re-emphasize the need to maintain minimal noise levels in the guest areas. We have also reviewed your comments with our food and beverage team. Our dress policy is business casual at our steak house location and understand how that can be somewhat subjective. We apologize if it caused you any inconvenience and hope it did not deter you from having a great meal.

Thank you again for your time and we wish you safe travels

Lutz, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Our Conference AD's met at Shula's in December for a two-day meeting. Everything was perfect - from the Christmas decorations to the great facilities to wonder lunch and dinners. The staff is just remarkable - thank you, Lisa and Noelia!!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Mark P - Thank you for your continued patronage to Shula's. Wishing you a Happy and Prosperous New Year. We look forward to the next opportunity to be of service to you.

Safe travels

Clarksville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is a Luxury hotel. The rooms are very updated. Hot tub, Pool, restaurant right there. Can walk out the door of the hotel and shop the boutiques right on the strip. We stayed 3 months. I don't understand the complaints really. The hotel was clean, the staff was amazing and helpful. All was working at the time we were there. Ok---- well the hot tub had some issues but they fixed it. The rooms have a nice patio for you to sit out on. I was right over the pool area. Yes it could get a little boisterous as its Miami its hot and sultry and its playtime, drinks around the hot tub a cool dip in the pool. I found the stay and staff wonderful. There was plenty to do and see in a walking distance. It was defiantly romantic. I would go there again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Gina G - It was great to hear you enjoyed your extended stay with us and hope your time in South Florida was as equally enjoyable. Thank you for taking the time to share and we hope you future travels brings you back down to Miami.

Thank you again and we wish you safe travels

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed here for two days. Upon checking in at 4 (check in is at 3) we were told our room wasn't ready. We had dinner reservations and had to wait 45 minutes for our room. We paid for a pool view and when we entered the room the pool is under repair. No use of the pool or view. The room was decent, as shown in the pictures. There was a lot of dust around the room, on lamp shades, around picture frames, on headboard, etc. The air conditioning wouldn't work on auto, so we had to either had the cooling on or off and adjust it ourselves. The bathroom also had a broken towel holder and paint chipping off the door. Staff was rude, offered a complimentary shuttle to the golf course then took almost an hour and a half to return to pick me husband up. He called 30 minutes before he was done per their request, and 2 hours after his call they arrived. We asked to change rooms but they were fully booked and we couldn't. Other guests had similar issues with room issues. Great history in this hotel, plenty of potential, but the basics need to be maintained.

• Stayed December 2014
Hudson, New Hampshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I feel like I am in hotel hell! My family is on vacation right now and it is our first night here! It is 3 am and I can not sleep because the bed is so soft and mushy. The bed has a plastic mattress cover and I am sweating profusely. We have the air conditioner on full blast and it sounds like a small engine plane getting ready for take off. We are here for the Orange Bowl and the hotel is not offering shuttle service to the game! But the worst of it is the pool has been drained! They tell us it needed repairs. However, five bus loads of college students arrived and I think it is because they do not want the students to use it. WHY WOULD I BOOK A HOTEL IN MIAMI WITH NO POOL!!! I was never informed that the pool would be closed. I am looking for another hotel and moving!!!

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Been to Shula's Hotel & Golf Club? Share your experiences!