“Nice Location and Nice stay, will stay again!” 4 of 5 stars

Shula's Hotel & Golf Club
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6842 Main Street, Miami Lakes, FL 33014   |
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Miami Lakes
Spencerport, New York
“Nice Location and Nice stay, will stay again!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We chose this location as we wanted to be away from the crowds & noise and close enough to drive to visit with family in N. Miami. We truely enjoyed our stay here, the property was very clean and the landscape was beautiful. We had a ground level pool side room which was very covenient for the multiple trips to swim and the room was clean, updated and pleasant. The only minor issue was that the bed was a double which is smaller and shorter than the bed we have home.
Check in which went smoothly (even before 3PM check in time), they will give you a map to find the room. The layout of the rooms and the map are confusing. Someone else on this site did recommend that you find your room once you receive your keys and the back track outside to find your car, this will show you the closest spot to your room. This works well.
Good price, great value, clean and friendly.... we will be back

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Miami Lakes
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

All is well

slow service in lounge, short staffed. nice bathrooms,clean comfortable. nicely landscaped.Staff all very nice,really short trip, really good bed,and no smoking a plus, will book again, H ok

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I arrived at the hotel 5 min to 3 and was told my room was not ready and it may be an hour or two.I was given ticket for a free drink in the restaurant . I had to wait until 6:17 to get in my room. The room was very comfortable and the desk clerk was very nice but I think there should be some kind of discount if you can not check in till 3 hours after check in time.It was very uncomfortable waiting after a long drive there.

Room Tip: find out where your room is before parking
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Minnesota City, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

To whom it may concern:

I arrived at your hotel on Sunday August 17th late evening and had the honor of meeting Donna at the front, what a blessing it was to have someone who's heart is to meet the customers need. Donna was all that and more.

I really thought there are only a few nice people at one hotel. At your hotel here in Miami Lakes is awesome. I had a situation that came up on August 20th and Carolyn, Vicky and Maraisis came to my rescue. They were all so polite and eager to help me get my food warmed up. What I realized is if they are willing to go the extra mile for me I'm willing to do a write up to tell the world to stay at Shula's in Miami they are customer driven.

Janet

Room Tip: Look at reviews because this place rocks.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
JFerbeyre, Manager at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Janet B - Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences and for acknowledging some of our team members for their dedication to service. They are driven by their passion for our industry and hearing from guests like you truly fuels that fire. We really appreciate you taking the time to share and look forward to being of service to you again in the near future.

Thank you again and we wish you safe travels.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We stayed at this hotel for a week. Overall the hotel is nice and the location is superb.
However, after we checked out and left Miami, we incurred a charge to our card from the Don Shula Hotel thats we did not authorize. Upon calling the front desk and speaking to the front desk manager, I was informed that the room we stayed in had a slight smell of cigarette smoke and that we were being charged an additional $250 for the cleaning of the room. We explained to the gentleman that we did NOT smoke in the room, and were rarely ever even there other than to shower and sleep.
He then told me that he refused to refund the money to my account and asked 'You see how I can't just take your word for it?' and implied that I was being dishonest (which obviously I wasn't or I wouldn't be wasting my time filing police reports and dispute paperwork through my bank) .
I dont know how many other people Theyve done this to, but it's out right theft.
I wouldn't ever give them any credit or debit card information to hold on file again. And after the way they accused me of lying, I wouldn't ever stay there or recommend anyone to stay there again.

• Stayed August 2014
JFerbeyre, Manager at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
ArkOf A - Thank you for sharing this feedback with us. We apologize for making you feel that the action we took regarding the smoking fee were unjust. The hotel is a non-smoking property and our policies are clearly displayed in the rooms along with the cleaning fee should a guest choose to smoke in the room. The fee is not something we look forward to collecting but when evidence of smoking is present, we must enforce our policy and make sure we properly eliminate any evidence of smoking in the room. The fee assessed is the associated costs of the smoke eradication efforts. We thank you for sharing your thoughts with us and allowing us an opportunity to clarify our policy.

Safe travels

Miami
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

The property itself is beautiful. The rooms leave a lot to be desired! First of all there is not ONE comfrotable chair to sit in - we had 1 like straight-backed dining room chair and 1 chair for the computer/desk! Not comfortable! There were 2 of us staying and this meant someone had to just isit on the bed! Not very relaxing.

Secondly, the bottom sheet on 1 of our beds DID NOT FIT that box prings! In the middle of the night it completely came OFF! Not comfortable or condusive to good sleep!

No room service avaiable - not even a menu in the room for Shu's II so one could order in advance and even go down to pick it up!

For a hotel that is supposedly this upscale, I don't think this is what most people expect. I usually stay at Marriott - Residence Inns are a favorite, but Renaissance Hotels are superior! Shula's is just a sexpensive as the Renaissance but not even close in amenities! Great location but not what I expected.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
JFerbeyre, Manager at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Nanu45 - We appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences with us. So sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations during your stay with us. We apologize if this caused you any inconveniences and hope the remainder of your stay in Miami Lakes went well. Our team strives to provide our guests with great experiences and regret not being able to exceed your expectations. We are grateful to you for bringing this to our attention so our team has an opportunity to address the items you mentioned.

Thank you again for sharing and we wish you safe travels.

California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

I could not get a solid nights sleep here because of the air conditioning. It malfunctioned one night. The next night the replacement unit sounded like a jet engine, turning on and off all night. You should not underestimate just how disruptive this can be. Although the location is nice, I stay at a hotel to sleep and that just didn't happen here.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
JFerbeyre, Manager at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, August 10, 2014
L H - Thank you for sharing this with us. We are disappointed to hear about this experience and are regretful that we did not remedy the air conditioning to your expectation. Our engineering team will review their protocols regarding air conditioning calls in our guestrooms. We agree that the sleep experience is an important element in a great hotel stay and we apologize for not delivering that to you. We hope that you enjoyed the remainder of your experience enough to allow us another opportunity to turn this experience around.

Thank you again for sharing and we wish you safe travels.

Jorge

Been to Shula's Hotel & Golf Club? Share your experiences!