“Great Price.. Amazing Experience!!” 5 of 5 stars

Shula's Hotel & Golf Club
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6842 Main Street, Miami Lakes, FL 33014   |
Ranked #4 of 4 hotels in Miami Lakes
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great Price.. Amazing Experience!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

We choose Shulas Spa during Spa week where a 50 minute massage was just $50.00. I visit a Spa at least once a month but usually My Spa or Seven Seas. Shula's was way better than any 5 Star spa by far. It was relaxing and my Masseuse Alihna was amazing.. she was consistent and experienced. I went with a friend who was just as overwhelmed with her experience as I was. Thanks for taking time to ensure that your therapists perform Great Service at a consistent basis.
I will happily return and continue to look for great deals!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
JFerbeyre, Manager at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
karinababe78 - Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Spa at Shula's. We were very happy to hear that both you and your friend had a great experience and we look forward to being of service to you again in the near future. We will be sure to pass along your comments to our team as well and an extra special recognition to Alihna for providing such exceptional service to you.

295 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Detroit, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

We were very unhappy with our stay. We booked three nights and checked out after one extremely uncomfortable night. We contacted the booking company, who spoke to the management on our behalf. The management's response was that this was a nonrefundable third party booking, so we couldn't get a refund for our unused nights. I'd understand this if we were asking for personal reasons or mere convenience, but this is an unacceptable response if bad service is the problem.

Our room had a strong chemical smell either due to the fake wood floors or the cleaner used. There were many ants in the bathroom. The inner bathroom was also totally unacceptable. The showerhead looked disgusting and like it was missing a part. It sprayed in an odd pattern. The drain was rusted and filthy. The shower curtain was dirty and falling apart with threads sticking out. There was inconsistent hot water. I turned on the shower for 30 seconds and it went to nearly ice cold.

Another absolutely unprofessional aspect of the hotel was that our mattresses were exposed. There was a "fitted sheet" but the sheet was far too small on both of the full beds in our room. The result was that the mattress was always exposed no matter how we tried to fix it, revealing gross-looking yellow stains. The sheets also had some light staining. That's incompetent housekeeping and not what you expect when you pay what we did for the room.

It's not a hostel or flophouse, obviously, but when you pay what we did you should expect a lot more. An obvious priority for a hotel is proper maintenance and housekeeping and that was totally not present. We were willing to overlook the dated appearance of the property, the sub-par bedding, the loud A/C, and so forth, provided that we got decent hospitality. It wasn't even close to that. Management's refusal to consider refunding us (or even to reach out and offer some resolution) was a cherry on top. I've never left a hotel early before, but if I stayed my vacation would have been ruined.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Christopher K - We are extremely disappointed to hear about some of the experiences you encountered during your stay and appreciate you sharing them with us. We regret not being able to meet your expectations and allow you and enjoyable vacation. I have sent you a private message via Tripadvisor to try to obtain more insight as to your stay. I can also be reached at jorge.ferbeyre@grahamhospitality.com. We hope to connect with you soon.

Thank you again for taking the time to share.

Travelers are raving about these Miami Lakes hotels

F. Lauderdale
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

The spa was relaxing and tranquil. I booked services for Spa Week and my massage therapist Christina was fantastic, a true professional in everyday! The spa is small but has everything you need with access to the fitness facility and sauna/steam room.

We went for Happy Hour at Shulas Steak2 which was a great experience as well with fantastic prices. Our bartender Aldo and server (young man with glasses..I forget his name) were both very helpful. The general manager also came by and greeted us.

The hotel itself is rather dated but the area on Main Street was very nice. I would definitely return.

Stayed April 2014
HotelInnsider - Our spa and steak 2 team thank you for sharing your recent experiences with us and for recognizing a few of our team members by name. We will be sure to extend an extra thank you to Aldo and Christina for their efforts in creating raving fans.

Thank you for your time.

Sunnyvale CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

First, the room are okay....the bed are very hard and the cover on the bed are weak...I stay at alot of hotel, (i.e. like the Hilton and Sheraton that have comforter that are nice and thick)..this place has the worst bedding I have every seen. The floor are cold (no carpet on the floor) and the A/C is so loud. Room look old and not update. My first room I was unable to get into the room and the second room had no pillow on the bed. When I finally got pillows there were the worst pillow I have every seen, look like there been in a storage room for years. If you into a great located, that I have to said is the only part of this hotel I like. Alot of nice store and places to eat around the hotel and I found a grocery store as well. I hope my company look into relocating us from this hotel soon.

Room Tip: This is more or a hotel for sport lover...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
JFerbeyre, Manager at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Michael N - Thank you for taking the time to share your review of Shula’s. We were sorry to hear that we did not meet or exceed your expectations with your accommodations. We receive numerous positive comments regarding the comfort of our pillow-top mattresses and bedding but understand these experiences are typically subjective. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the surrounding neighborhood and what it has to offer. We hope your next stay with us is more comfortable and please do not hesitate to reach out to us if there is anything we can do to allow you a restful stay. We are here to be of service to you.

Thank you again for sharing and we wish you safe travels.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Let me say the rooms are great. However, I reserved a pool/lagune view room and the guy at the front desk tried to give me a room with no views near either. He also didn't even bother to give me my steakhouse voucher, probably kept it for himself. Maybe I was too polite, lol.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
JFerbeyre, Manager at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
David J - Thank you for sharing your review of Shula's and we are glad to hear you enjoyed your accommodations. We are sorry to hear about your difficulty is attempting to obtain a pool/lagoon view room and hope you did finally get that view. The lagoon is such a unique feature and I myself would also want that gorgeous view. We will share comments with our team and hope it was just a misunderstanding. We hope to be of service to you again in the near future and look forward to hearing about those experiences.

Thanks for your time and wishing you safe travels.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

Shula's is a quiet hotel with an amazing gym (which is another building altogher (tennis, weights, cardio, spin, etc.)), awesome steakhouse, and friendly staff. I don't golf but they have it if you want it.

I can't say enough good things about this place. From the house keeping department, who were very good and kept my room neat and clean, to the front office, who greeted us every morning with a smile.

Great location also, the're is a grocery store nearby (they have a RedBox), and a number of restaurants within walking distance. The hotel also has a pool.

Room Tip: I had a regular room with two beds. It was perfect.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
JFerbeyre, Manager at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Gerardo D - We were happy to hear about your recent experiences at Shula's and appreciate you sharing them with us. It is always great to hear when our guests have an opportunity to enjoy the many amenities we have to offer. We hope to be of service to you again in the near future and who knows, you may end up wanting to take up the game of golf.

Thanks again and safe travels

Durham, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

This is the perfect hotel for people wanting to have a good time with family and friends. The hotel, service, amenities and attractions far exceeded my expectations. There was so much to do…dine, shop, play golf, exercise, go to the movie theater, relax at the spa or lay by the pool. I took full advantage of everything. My family and I had a wonderful time. I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
JFerbeyre, Manager at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
lovecharmstar - It was great to hear you and your family had a wonderful time at Shula's and we appreciate you sharing this with us. Our team will be very excited to hear that your stay exceeded your expectations and that you were able to enjoy several of the hotel and local amenities available to our guests. We look forward to being of service to you and your family again in the near future.

Safe Travels

Jorge

Been to Shula's Hotel & Golf Club? Share your experiences!