“Great Spa experience!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Miami Lakes
F. Lauderdale
“Great Spa experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

The spa was relaxing and tranquil. I booked services for Spa Week and my massage therapist Christina was fantastic, a true professional in everyday! The spa is small but has everything you need with access to the fitness facility and sauna/steam room.

We went for Happy Hour at Shulas Steak2 which was a great experience as well with fantastic prices. Our bartender Aldo and server (young man with glasses..I forget his name) were both very helpful. The general manager also came by and greeted us.

The hotel itself is rather dated but the area on Main Street was very nice. I would definitely return.

Stayed April 2014
JFerbeyre, Manager at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
HotelInnsider - Our spa and steak 2 team thank you for sharing your recent experiences with us and for recognizing a few of our team members by name. We will be sure to extend an extra thank you to Aldo and Christina for their efforts in creating raving fans.

Thank you for your time.

Jorge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Sunnyvale CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

First, the room are okay....the bed are very hard and the cover on the bed are weak...I stay at alot of hotel, (i.e. like the Hilton and Sheraton that have comforter that are nice and thick)..this place has the worst bedding I have every seen. The floor are cold (no carpet on the floor) and the A/C is so loud. Room look old and not update. My first room I was unable to get into the room and the second room had no pillow on the bed. When I finally got pillows there were the worst pillow I have every seen, look like there been in a storage room for years. If you into a great located, that I have to said is the only part of this hotel I like. Alot of nice store and places to eat around the hotel and I found a grocery store as well. I hope my company look into relocating us from this hotel soon.

Room Tip: This is more or a hotel for sport lover...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
JFerbeyre, Manager at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Michael N - Thank you for taking the time to share your review of Shula’s. We were sorry to hear that we did not meet or exceed your expectations with your accommodations. We receive numerous positive comments regarding the comfort of our pillow-top mattresses and bedding but understand these experiences are typically subjective. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the surrounding neighborhood and what it has to offer. We hope your next stay with us is more comfortable and please do not hesitate to reach out to us if there is anything we can do to allow you a restful stay. We are here to be of service to you.

Thank you again for sharing and we wish you safe travels.

Travelers are raving about these Miami Lakes hotels

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Let me say the rooms are great. However, I reserved a pool/lagune view room and the guy at the front desk tried to give me a room with no views near either. He also didn't even bother to give me my steakhouse voucher, probably kept it for himself. Maybe I was too polite, lol.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
JFerbeyre, Manager at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
David J - Thank you for sharing your review of Shula's and we are glad to hear you enjoyed your accommodations. We are sorry to hear about your difficulty is attempting to obtain a pool/lagoon view room and hope you did finally get that view. The lagoon is such a unique feature and I myself would also want that gorgeous view. We will share comments with our team and hope it was just a misunderstanding. We hope to be of service to you again in the near future and look forward to hearing about those experiences.

Thanks for your time and wishing you safe travels.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

Shula's is a quiet hotel with an amazing gym (which is another building altogher (tennis, weights, cardio, spin, etc.)), awesome steakhouse, and friendly staff. I don't golf but they have it if you want it.

I can't say enough good things about this place. From the house keeping department, who were very good and kept my room neat and clean, to the front office, who greeted us every morning with a smile.

Great location also, the're is a grocery store nearby (they have a RedBox), and a number of restaurants within walking distance. The hotel also has a pool.

Room Tip: I had a regular room with two beds. It was perfect.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
JFerbeyre, Manager at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Gerardo D - We were happy to hear about your recent experiences at Shula's and appreciate you sharing them with us. It is always great to hear when our guests have an opportunity to enjoy the many amenities we have to offer. We hope to be of service to you again in the near future and who knows, you may end up wanting to take up the game of golf.

Thanks again and safe travels

Durham, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

This is the perfect hotel for people wanting to have a good time with family and friends. The hotel, service, amenities and attractions far exceeded my expectations. There was so much to do…dine, shop, play golf, exercise, go to the movie theater, relax at the spa or lay by the pool. I took full advantage of everything. My family and I had a wonderful time. I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
JFerbeyre, Manager at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
lovecharmstar - It was great to hear you and your family had a wonderful time at Shula's and we appreciate you sharing this with us. Our team will be very excited to hear that your stay exceeded your expectations and that you were able to enjoy several of the hotel and local amenities available to our guests. We look forward to being of service to you and your family again in the near future.

Safe Travels

Rahway, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

I thought the rooms were nicely appointed. I was there for work and so I didn't have much choice in where I stayed. I thought it was out of the way of what I wanted to do with my little spare time but for others it was ok. There is a very small pool, but there are restaurants and shopping close by and a grocery store too! So thought I would choice the beach this was okay. The rooms are not carpeted and the ac I think may be connected to motion in the room. It kept turning off in my room. When I moved or walked around it was fine.

Room Tip: the even number rooms have balconies!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
JFerbeyre, Manager at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Aleceia B - Thank you for taking the time to generate a review of your recent stay at Shula's. We were glad to hear that you were happy with your accommodations and were able to enjoy some of the local flavor Miami Lakes has to offer. We are a great destination for golfers and are also centrally located between Miami and Ft. Lauderdale which allows for great flexibility in planning for things to do in these great cities. We do hope you were able to find the time to cross off an item or two on your things to do list.

Thank you again for sharing and we wish you safe travels.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Hotel is AMAZING! Pictures are very accurate. Hotel was clean, comfortable, every room had a decent view.Shula Restaurant on site, Location is great, alot to do, eat, movie theater in walking distance. Absoutely amazing, will be back! Well worth the money especially for a romantic getaway.

Room Tip: didn't use the spa but Im sure its AMAZING!!!!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
sjst4 - Excited to hear that we were able to create a memorable experience for you and we thank you for sharing your thoughts. We have some great couple’s spa packages at the Spa at Shula's that would be a wonderful compliment on your next romantic getaway. And yes, the spa is amazing. If I can be of any assistance on your next stay, please do not hesitate to contact me at jorge.ferbeyre@grahamhospitality.com.

Thanks again and safe travels

Jorge

Been to Shula's Hotel & Golf Club? Share your experiences!