“Don't play me next time” 4 of 5 stars

You added Shula's Hotel & Golf Club to your Saves list
Shula's Hotel & Golf Club
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6842 Main Street, Miami Lakes, FL 33014   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Miami Lakes
“Don't play me next time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Let me say the rooms are great. However, I reserved a pool/lagune view room and the guy at the front desk tried to give me a room with no views near either. He also didn't even bother to give me my steakhouse voucher, probably kept it for himself. Maybe I was too polite, lol.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
JFerbeyre, Manager at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
David J - Thank you for sharing your review of Shula's and we are glad to hear you enjoyed your accommodations. We are sorry to hear about your difficulty is attempting to obtain a pool/lagoon view room and hope you did finally get that view. The lagoon is such a unique feature and I myself would also want that gorgeous view. We will share comments with our team and hope it was just a misunderstanding. We hope to be of service to you again in the near future and look forward to hearing about those experiences.

Thanks for your time and wishing you safe travels.

Jorge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

Shula's is a quiet hotel with an amazing gym (which is another building altogher (tennis, weights, cardio, spin, etc.)), awesome steakhouse, and friendly staff. I don't golf but they have it if you want it.

I can't say enough good things about this place. From the house keeping department, who were very good and kept my room neat and clean, to the front office, who greeted us every morning with a smile.

Great location also, the're is a grocery store nearby (they have a RedBox), and a number of restaurants within walking distance. The hotel also has a pool.

Room Tip: I had a regular room with two beds. It was perfect.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
JFerbeyre, Manager at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Gerardo D - We were happy to hear about your recent experiences at Shula's and appreciate you sharing them with us. It is always great to hear when our guests have an opportunity to enjoy the many amenities we have to offer. We hope to be of service to you again in the near future and who knows, you may end up wanting to take up the game of golf.

Thanks again and safe travels

Durham, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

This is the perfect hotel for people wanting to have a good time with family and friends. The hotel, service, amenities and attractions far exceeded my expectations. There was so much to do…dine, shop, play golf, exercise, go to the movie theater, relax at the spa or lay by the pool. I took full advantage of everything. My family and I had a wonderful time. I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
JFerbeyre, Manager at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
lovecharmstar - It was great to hear you and your family had a wonderful time at Shula's and we appreciate you sharing this with us. Our team will be very excited to hear that your stay exceeded your expectations and that you were able to enjoy several of the hotel and local amenities available to our guests. We look forward to being of service to you and your family again in the near future.

Safe Travels

Rahway, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

I thought the rooms were nicely appointed. I was there for work and so I didn't have much choice in where I stayed. I thought it was out of the way of what I wanted to do with my little spare time but for others it was ok. There is a very small pool, but there are restaurants and shopping close by and a grocery store too! So thought I would choice the beach this was okay. The rooms are not carpeted and the ac I think may be connected to motion in the room. It kept turning off in my room. When I moved or walked around it was fine.

Room Tip: the even number rooms have balconies!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
JFerbeyre, Manager at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Aleceia B - Thank you for taking the time to generate a review of your recent stay at Shula's. We were glad to hear that you were happy with your accommodations and were able to enjoy some of the local flavor Miami Lakes has to offer. We are a great destination for golfers and are also centrally located between Miami and Ft. Lauderdale which allows for great flexibility in planning for things to do in these great cities. We do hope you were able to find the time to cross off an item or two on your things to do list.

Thank you again for sharing and we wish you safe travels.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Hotel is AMAZING! Pictures are very accurate. Hotel was clean, comfortable, every room had a decent view.Shula Restaurant on site, Location is great, alot to do, eat, movie theater in walking distance. Absoutely amazing, will be back! Well worth the money especially for a romantic getaway.

Room Tip: didn't use the spa but Im sure its AMAZING!!!!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
sjst4 - Excited to hear that we were able to create a memorable experience for you and we thank you for sharing your thoughts. We have some great couple’s spa packages at the Spa at Shula's that would be a wonderful compliment on your next romantic getaway. And yes, the spa is amazing. If I can be of any assistance on your next stay, please do not hesitate to contact me at jorge.ferbeyre@grahamhospitality.com.

Thanks again and safe travels

River Edge, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

I spent 2 nights and 3 days at the hotel this past weekend. The room was actually fairly big and the bed very comfortable. The pool area is in major need of better recliners with pads, the cement needs to be updated. The shuttle that goes to the golf course was never manned and we had to take a taxi and pay for it. The shuttle coming back to the hotel the first day we had to wait 1/2 hour - the second day waited an hour - also trying calling taxi - asked manager if an employee could drive us back and he said no. Finally paid one of the golf staff $20 to drive us back. The buffet breakfast on Saturday and Sunday was awful. The drinks in Shula 2 are overpriced for the type of hotel this is. The $25 coupon for Shula's steak that came with our package only is good at Shula's at golf course and not good at Shula's at hotel. The golf course told me when I made tee times the week before we came down that the cost of rentals would be $25/round. The actual price was $55/round. The front nine of the golf course is only as good as a typical public golf course - back nine is much better. Course gets a lot of play so round time is long. I complained to manager of hotel about all of this when I checked out and only got a credit of $40 for a $800 bill. I would not stay here again

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
JFerbeyre, General Manager at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Michael R - Thank you for allowing us some insight into your recent experience at Shula's. we are very sorry to hear about some of these experiences and that we were not able to turn these experiences around for you. We have discussed your review with our golf and hotel management team and they are committed to going back to their teams and making sure we address the issues you mentioned. Again we apologize for these experiences and hope you allow us another opportunity to turn these experiences around. My email is jorge.ferbeyre@grahamhospitality.com should you reconsider a return visit as I would like to personally handle your arrangements.

Thank you again for sharing and we wish you safe travels.

Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

I checked in last Thursday evening and stopped at the bar to get a vodka tonic to take to my room. I handed the bartender $20.00. She returned $3.00 and change, for a drink costing $6.00 and change and walked away. I didn't and when she returned I questioned, she said she had gotten "confused" and handed me the correct change.

Shula Hotel website advertised rooms at $119.00. I registered a few months previously as a member of a group and I was charged the "group rate" of $145.00.

The room and surrounding are lovely but I will never return for the above reasons.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
JFerbeyre, Manager at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
400Eileen - Thank you for sharing this with us and we sincerely apologize for this unfortunate experience. We have spoken to our management team and alerted them of the issue you encountered. Again we appreciate you sharing this with us and are hopeful you would reconsider Shula's on your next trip to the area. You can reach me at Jorge@donshulahotel.com and I would be happy to ensure your next experience exceeds your expectations.

Thank you again and wishing you safe travels.

Jorge

Been to Shula's Hotel & Golf Club? Share your experiences!