“I will stay again” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 4 hotels in Miami Lakes
Hamilton, Bermuda
“I will stay again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Front desk staff were courteous as well as your dining staff. Room was very nice. The only downside was housekeeping - I came back to my room after it had been cleaned but all was not completed. For example, a pillow was left on the floor, the bath mat was not replaced, the TV remote had low batteries so was not reliable. These were small details but I think easy to avoid and/or correct.
Otherwise, it's a good hotel in a nice area and I would recommend to others.
Colin

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

300 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I've been staying here for business trips because its the closest hotel to the office but wish I had better options. The rooms are decent, good size, laminate flooring instead of carpet so you avoid issues with a high humidity climate and carpet. The rooms could use some love, marks on the walls, chips in paint on the door frame, repair marks from previous water damage on the ceiling. Also, the maid service is horrible. Always leave the ironing board out. They left trash in a co-workers room for a week.

It was also a bit of an uneasy feeling when I drove into the parking lot and saw a vehcile on blocks with no wheels. Not the best feeling to know there is crime like that while security is on staff in the hotel you're staying at.

I will say location is good though. Many restaurants and shops within walking distance. For a decent rate, putting up with the mediocre services isn't unreasonable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Titusville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I were down in miam for the run for your life 5k zombie race and we stayed for the weekend. From the moment we checked in to the moment we check out the hotel and staff treated us excellent. The rooms where huge and the bed felt like a cloud. We did not get a chance to eat breakfast but we did eat a late meal at the bar and the food was really good. We will stay there again next time we are in Miami

• Stayed April 2013
Plainfield, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Business traveler staying for 1st time. Front desk staff efficient and courteous. Appears to me that many items could be corrected with minor maintenance repair, such as cleaning and low cost maintenance items neglected, IE, hair and dirt in dresser drawers, hole in wall at light switch (maybe a roof leak has caused rotting drywall?); minor touch up paint needed on bath door, etc. Low cost, labor items concern me, as this is only what I can see...what is neglected that I cannot readily see? Would not recommend paying over one hundred per night. No frig or micro in room but free and plentiful parking. Within walking distance to a very nice downtown area. No pics to share at this time as in process of phone upgrading.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
JFerbeyre, Manager at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Robyn Z - Thank you for providing us with some insight into your recent experience at Shula's. We do apologize for some of the conditions you found in your room during your stay. We did just recently renovate our guestrooms and we should not have had those conditions present. We have reviewed your comments with our management team to ensure that these types of conditions are addressed and emphasize the importance of these details. We appreciate you taking the time to share.

Safe Travels

Merritt Island, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Definetly needs a makeover. Come on guys,easy stuff like painting. We stayed in room 1268 and bathroom was gross, but could be easily fixed so I am not sure what your maintenance dept is doing. Needs grout cleaned, door area painted and caulking in tub area redone.

Staff first day made us feel like royalty, second day front desk girl was rude and unhelpful. It was pouring down rain and we were trying to load car and leave and was told we couldnt under the front shelter and had to move???

We are looking for an hotel to travel to in Miami few times a month that has golf and we were excited about Shulas, but now are on the hunt again.

D Ricci, Merritt Island Fl (dlc0413@aol.com)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
JFerbeyre, Manager at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
dlc0413 - We are very disappointed to hear that your recent stay with us did not meet your expectations. We pride ourselves in providing simply great service and it appears we did not deliver this consistently to you and for that we sincerely apologize. I can also appreciate your perspective on guestroom maintenance and we understand this to be a very critical guest experience touch point. Our maintenance team is very diligent in maintaining our standards but there is always room for improvement. We have shared your observations with them and stressed the significant impact their role is with guest satisfaction. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we hope you would consider allowing us another opportunity to turn this experience around. We are a wonderful golf destination and we are confident you will feel the same way.

Gurley, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Shula's Hotel for a week. He had to be in Miami Lakes on a business trip and joined him. We arrived, received our key and went to our room. The ladies at the front desk were really nice. The hotel looked inviting and the gardens are beautiful and well kept. The room we were given too was on the third floor facing the pool. The room had hardwood flooring and looked very nice until I went into the bathroom and found a long black hair on the wall above the bathtub and some hairs behind the door. I then noticed who ever cleaned the glassdoor to the balcony didn't do a good job because it was all smeared up. But I thought, it's not that important, I'm here to relax and my husband had been staying here before and was pleased with the hotel. I was wrong. It was difficult to relax, there was a party going on by the pool and after we thought the pleople left, they continued to party until 3am in the morning in the room next to us. We didn't get any sleep. The next morning, which was a Sunday, we went downstairs to have breakfast. The first thing we were asked was: "Do you have a voucher?". My husband wondered why we needed a voucher since breakfast was included last time he stayed there. The ladies at the desk told us breakfast is no longer included and costs $13.95 per person but we could upgrade to another room for an extra $30 a night (breakfast included). Do the math... , we kept our room. We then told the receptionist we were not happy about this at all, especially after we had such a bad night. She then apologized and offered us free breakfast but only for that morning. We thanked her and went to the restaurant. We sat and waited hoping someone would bring us coffee because other guests were waited on. But nothing happened. So we got up and went to the breakfast bar and helped ourselves. The breakfast was not worth $13.99. Holiday Inn has a better breakfast. The sausage, bacon, eggs - which should have been warm - were cold. The service was bad and it seemed like everyone was served coffee but us. Well the rest of the week was nice, no more parties or anything else disturbing our sleep. The only other thing as far as noise goes are the constant sound of the airplanes flying very low over the hotel property, landing at the nearby airport. The room attendant was very nice but didn't speak nor understood English. I also was hoping to use the pool but the water was freezing cold. I got to use the fitness center which is located across the street of the hotel. The great part of the location of this hotel is, it is right on Main Street and there are plenty of good restaurants to go to for lunch or dinner. There is also a CVS and a Publix in walking distance, which I went to every day. There are no refrigerators in the room but you can have one for $15/day. I guess nothing is free anymore.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
GiselaF - Thank you for providing some insight into your recent stay at Shula's. We were sorry to see that we did not meet your expectations on some of the items you mentioned and appreciate the opportunity you have provided us by sharing. We look forward to using this information as a platform to ensure we consistently provide the level of service that exceeds our guest's expectations and are indicative of what a guest at Shula's would expect. Again we apologize for some of the challenges you encountered and know that your perspective is of value to us and we appreciate you taking the time to share. We hope we have another opportunity to be of service to you in the future and turn this experience around.

Thanks Again and Safe Travels

Prague, Czech Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

I shared a room with a friend and that was fine as the room is big enough. The beds are fantastic! In my opinion the hotel is in need of a make over but otherwise good. The steak house serves great food. The break fast buffet is boring and limited.

• Stayed April 2013
Kristian S - Dobrý den! Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Shula's with us and we hope you had an opportunity to enjoy our neighborhood during you week you stayed with us. So sorry to hear that breakfast did not capture your interest and appreciate your perspective. We will be sure to share this with our food and beverage team.

Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Shula's Hotel & Golf Club? Share your experiences!