“Lunch at Shula's Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Miami Lakes
Trinidad and Tobago
“Lunch at Shula's Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

My daughter graduated from St Thomas University with her MBA on 15th December 2012.
My husband and I took my daughter, her husband, two kids, and a friend to celebrate over lunch.
The service was great and the food was delicious.
We all had a great time in the clean surroundings.
We even took photos in front of the Christmas tree.
We will recommend that hotel for lunches or any occasion.

Room Tip: WE did not stay at the hotel. WE only had lunch to celebrate a very special occasion.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

I recently stayed at the Shula Hotel and was really impressed...all of the staff was courteous and helpful...the rooms were updated and comfortable with nice courtyard views...excellent proximity to Sun Life Stadium...and a short drive to the greater Miami area...with breakfast included, it was extremely competitively priced and a great value.I also really liked the location off of "Main Street" which closed to motor traffic in the evening and provided a really unique atmosphere.

Shula's Steakhouse was, in a word, delicious...wish there was one in KC...took the hotel shuttle to and from so I didn't have to hassle with driving/parking..which made it really convenient.

I hated to leave...my only regret is that I didn't have one more day to get a round of golf in on their course....next year for sure!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Lutz, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Just spent another great evening at Shula's. I expect a great room (I got it) and great food (I got that, too!). But - this time I foucused on the staff - from the front desk to the housekeeping service to those who provided our catering during our meeting. They were among the best that I've encountered! Always a warm smile and friendly disposition. And, when I accidentally left my wedding ring in my room on 12/13/12, the housekeeper on the 3rd floor found it and held it for me until I could break from my meeting to check to see where I had left it.
Such great service! I recommend this great hotel to everyone - you'll love it!

Room Tip: You must visit the spa during your stay...the best!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Malden, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

This is a great hotel. It is not too expensive and a 4 star quality. The staff were extremely helpful and courteous. We went to Miami for a football game. We were concerned about cab fare to and from the stadium. No problem, Don Shula's chartered a bus and it cost us a fraction of what a cab would of cost. Food was also good. I will stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Stayed here for one nigh, for a business trip. The hotel is located on a quaint street with shops and restaurants. The room was clean and updated, I really liked that I had wood floors, as I have allergies to carpets. A nice surprise! The beds were VERY comfy but my sheets were a little old/scratchy. The hotel clearly caters to the male clientele (I had to ask the front desk for a hairdryer). But overall, a nice hotel in a serene setting and a nice place if you are looking for a peaceful getaway. The rate was good given all of the amenities ($117 total with taxes) and included complimentary Internet and breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for an interior room, I was located near a parking lot and woke up to the garbage truck that was...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Long Beach, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

This building is old. My room wasn't filthy but it wasn't spotless either. There was hair on the toilet and on the towel rack.
Towel rack is rusty and so is the shower curtain.
Location is not really my preference either. There are some tacky chain restaurants near by and some tacky non chain restaurants and shops.
I'd rather spend the extra money next time and stay closer to the beach or even downtown.

• Stayed December 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Was only $99 and included breakfast. Breakfast is served in the Shula's 2 restaurant onsite and was excellent. Had a choice of continental; pancakes or waffles; or, eggs with bacon or sausage. Included coffee and juice too, so was a very good value. Food was very good. Room had a laminate wood floor and not rug which was odd. Was clean and had amenities. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: For security I would ask for a second or third floor room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
JFerbeyre, Manager at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Brian D - Thank you for posting your review regarding your recent experience at Shula's. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Thanks again and safe travels

Been to Shula's Hotel & Golf Club? Share your experiences!