“For a 3star hotel.” 4 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6842 Main Street, Miami Lakes, FL 33014   |
Ranked #4 of 4 hotels in Miami Lakes
“For a 3star hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

We won this hotel through Priceline. I just wanted 1 night in Miami. Initially I wanted Miami beach and downtown Miami, but I could not get a room with a $100 budget. I finally got this hotel after I decided to compromise and stay further inland. Room was clean. Check in was quick. There are so many shops and food options on Main st. There was also a movie theater. This hotel is ok for 1 night. It is 30 minutes from all the actions.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
JFerbeyre, Manager at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
newbees - Thank you for posting a review of Shula's Hotel on Tripadvisor. We hope our team meet or exceeded your expectations during your stay. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you in the near future.

Thanks again and safe travels.

300 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Jackson, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

Enjoyed our stay here. The area around the hotel is nice and various restaurants and shops are within walking distance. Very close to Sun Life Stadium. The hotel is not near South Beach or downtown Miami. If you're looking for a quiet, clean place to stay while in the Miami area, this is it!

Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
RobChoc - We were happy to hear you were able to enjoy not only the hotel but the great neighborhood we are nestled in. Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor and we looked forward to being of service to you again.

Safe travels.
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

This is my second time staying at Shula's Hotel and Golf. First time wasn't that bad but the second wasn't good. The hotel A/C works perfectly; however, you'll freeze even when placed on low. I asked upon check-in for a Microwave and refrigerator and was advised that one will be placed in the room. I left to do some shopping and when I came back, you guessed it....it wasn't there. I called front desk back and they apologized and told me that everyone went home for the night and I would have to wait until morning for the refrigerator and microwave. I wasn't happy considering I bought items such as milk and juice that needed to be refrigerated. 2nd strike was when I was laying in bed watching tv and housekeeping just opened the door without knocking. She was frightened to see me there because she was advised that I was checking out. I said nope, I don't check out until tomorrow. Thank god I wasn't naked. Then I called and asked for extra towels. 1 hour later I was still waiting. I called back then 10 minutes later I received them. I'm not returning. Don Shula's hotel is nothing more than a overpriced Days Inn.

Room Tip: Save yourself and stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
TamaraTammy32 - Thank you for sharing you experience with us and we were sorry to hear about some of the issues you encountered during your stay. We are regretful that we were not able to turn those experiences around but do appreciate the feedback. We have shared your comments with our team and look forward to utilizing this information as a training tool for our team. Again our sincere apologies and thank you for your time.

Safe travels
Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Stayed 4 nights from 29th March for Wrestlemania. Rooms were excellent and the staff very friendly. Ate at Shula2 twice for breakfast and evening meal and found food to be good.
Great location for Sun Life Stadium but not so good for downtown Miami. Good restaurants on doorstep too. Would certainly recommend.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
colin e - Greetings to our friends in the UK. We would like to thank you for posting your review of Shula's Hotel on Tripadvisor and were happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope you had a great time at Wrestlemania and look forward to your next visit.

Zurich, Switzerland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on Feb. 26, 2012. The room was really nice with hardwood floors and new furniture. I was pleased with the cleanliness too. When I woke up the next morning I had 10 bites on my neck, cheek and forehead. I noticed drops of blood on my pillow and I thought that some mosquito must have had a feast. I returned home to Switzerland that night. The bites were clearly something more than a mosquito bite so I started researching. The bites were all in a row and looked more like blisters and the drops of blood all identified these bites to be from bedbugs. I phoned the hotel on Feb. 29th and reported my problem. I was told the hotel manager named Geroge would be calling my back. No one ever called me back. My room number was 3261 but I fear this problem is more wide spread than just the room I stayed in. Travelers beware!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
JFerbeyre, Manager at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, April 1, 2012
Raquel L - Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay here at Shula's. We do apologize for your negative experience and for someone not calling you back. Our guests are very important to us and not receiving a call back in simply not acceptable on our part. As for the bedbugs, the hotel industry in on high alert for this type of activity as it can be introduced by any guest at anytime as it is not a cleanliness issue. No hotel is immune to this although none will admit it. I can assure you we do not have a problem but we know we need to be vigilant and have an assertive program in place to ensure the best possible practices are being employed. Again we do apologize and understand your concerns.

Washington, D.C.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

Meh, not the worst hotel in the world, but nothing to rave about here. The staff is friendly, but the rooms are a little tired - even on the "signature" floor that we were on. So here are the pros and cons:

Pros:
Friendly staff
Good location for Miami Lakes (several restaurants and bars within walking distance).
Free breakfast on the Signature floor wasn't too bad - nice selection of cold cuts.

Cons:
LOUD A/C.
Tired looking room (scratched furniture).
Bad shower head
Bed was too soft
Bed linens were not the best (a bit heavy)

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Sophie-Mar - Thank you for providing us with some insight into your recent stay with us here at Shula's. We are in the process of some property renovations and some of the issues you mentioned are being addressed. We regret having you experience them but we are confident that our renovations will eliminate these kinds of experiences. We do thank you for your kind words regarding our team and will be sure to share this with them. We do hope you have another opportunity to stay with us again and experience some of the changes taking place at Shula's.

Thanks again and safe travels.
Newcastle uopn Tyne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

What a gem of a hotel this is! Although 20 mins or so from beach area of Miami I would definitely recommend this hotel. Miami Lakes is a nice little town and the hotel is right next to restaurants and a good bar.
Lovely pool area and delightful staff!!

Room Tip: We had a pool view room and it was lovely
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
AnnaLucy - Thank you for providing us with a review of your experience at Shula's Hotel. We were happy to hear you had a great experience and look forward to your next visit.

Thanks again and safe travels

Been to Shula's Hotel & Golf Club? Share your experiences!