“If horse crazy” 3 of 5 stars

21001 Northwest 27th Avenue, Miami Gardens, FL 33056
+1 305-625-1311
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Calder Casino, located on South Florida's Miami-Dade / Broward county line, offers gaming action with nearly 1,100 slot machines and Thoroughbred horse racing in the fall. Calder is a wholly owned property of Churchill Downs Incorporated.
Honey Brook, Pennsylvania
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“If horse crazy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

If you have horse crazy kids, Calder offers a free up-close and personal view from the stables to prep, post and the winners circle.
It's a horse track and designed with bettors in mind, but again it's free - unless of course you want to place your bets on the thoroughbreds racing down the track then of course, you're on your own.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Jason M

San Lorenzo, Puerto Rico
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Very dingy ”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

My husband is a horserace fan. We fit a track in most our vacation. This is our second visit to Calder and might be our last. I myself am not a fan but seem to fine ways to enjoy the experience in other tracks. Last time we were here my daughter came along. I recall having a good time. Nice atmosphere. Place to grab and ice cream or a bit to eat. But now it was rundown, dirty some horses look weak, very skinny. They added a casino which I did not go because I felt a bit unsafe I an practically ran off. It was quite empty a the few that were their did not look friendly. We had been to Gulfsteam beautiful track and left to go to Hailea which was very good. More crowd guess the local know better. Nice track.

1 Thank Jenny_7801
Brecon, United Kingdom
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Good day out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

The smaller of the two racecourse in Miami, Gulfstream is currently acting the big bully towards it, but still a good day out on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday.
First post is 1230pm with a minimum of 8 races a day.
Facilities are saprse but they charge no entry fee with $3 for a race program.
Has facilities to bet on other race meetings and there is a casino attached
Next door to the Miami Dolphins stadium there is plenty of parking on site.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank ColinDCwmbran_Wales
Miami, Florida
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Watch your back”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I went for the Preakness stakes. I was looking for a teller to bet and a place to count my money, when I turned around a man locked eyes with me. It was awkward. He kept going just past me and stopped to tie his shoe. I went the other way and jumped on the escalator. About half way up I turned around and he was behind me again. I got off on the second floor and looked for security, but there wasn't any. So I walked toward the tellers. The guy walked out to the grandstand, so I RAN out of the place and will not return.

Visited June 2013
3 Thank enrico021
east kilbride
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Good viewing and facilities”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Had read mixed reviews of the Race Course but decided to go during our visit to Hollywood. I liked the fact that the paddock was near the course and betting hall, so that i could see the horses in the paddock and then nip inside to place my bet before the off. Good viewing area, especially the home straight. Good fun afternoon and managed to pick 4 winners which made it even more enjoyable. Would definitely visit the course again.

Visited June 2013