“I had a great time” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Miami Gardens
Homestead, Florida
“I had a great time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

The hotel experience was great and the room and view was amazing. The had plenty of restaurant to eat at and places to visit. I will now make this my hotel to stay when ever I'm in the area and would recommend this hotel for future stays.

• Stayed May 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Columbia, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

I did not enjoy my stay at this particular hotel. Bad thing is its the only hotel in the area. I am from Miami Gardens and still thought the condition of the rooms and the hotel need some upgrades. The beds were like sleeping on wood. The carpet felt sticky and gross. The look was just of despair. The staff was nice though. I wouldn't recommend staying at this hotel.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Miami Gardens hotels

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

El Palacio is a very nice hotel, that's where I stay whenever I need a getaway.The service is good and I really like the over viewing even tho it wasn't the ocean but looking at
the city was great.i would recommend this hotel to my friends or family members to stay there because their rate is also affordable and the rooms are kept in order.

Jupiter, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

- The hotel website (and an email from one of the hotel staff members) indicated that the hotel was a 1/2 mile walk to the stadium. This is the SOLE reason as to why we booked this hotel, as there was an event at the stadium we wanted to attend. When I reached the hotel, we stood waiting to check in, and I google-mapped the walking distance to the hotel. Now, it was 1.8 miles. Very different to the advertising on the website and email. When I asked the staff member she promptly told me it was 1.8 miles as well. When I showed her the email I received she was not very apologetic, nor very helpful. I had injured my back and was unable to walk the further distance. We inquired about a taxi and she told me not to bother because the taxis would not come to the hotel because it was such a short distance to the stadium - again, not mentioned on your website! She was also unapologetic about this.

There were further problems with our room:

- When we tried to enter our room we could not get in. Our room keys kept giving us an error.
- Upon entering the room, none of the lights worked. We had to plug in all the appliances ourselves. There was also a strange smell in the room.
- In terms of the other aspects of the room, the bathroom had not been cleaned properly when we arrived, and the bathroom light took five minutes to turn on to its optimum level. It was as if it did not even work at first. The beds were uncomfortable, and our TV remote did not work. The water for the room was luke-warm at best.
- After attending our event, we returned to our room to bath and shower. Again, our keys were faulty. We noticed that we were missing towels. There was only one long length towel in our room. When we called down to housekeeping, no one picked up. Reception did not pick up either. After calling for 10 minutes, we had to go downstairs and ask for a towel. The staff were extremely rude and unhelpful, and made it seem that we had such an audacity to ask for a towel that should have been in our room in the first place.

I received an email from the hotel, after our stay, asking for comments. I replied with the exact same comments above. I did not hear from them again. I would not stay at this hotel again, because of it's poor service and misleading information. I hope that it has now been corrected.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

Hotel was very nice just need to upgrade comp breakfast with a little sausages and eggs or even some pretty brown hash brown could add a much needed flavor to the complimentary breakfast area but overall the hotel was an excellent experience and I will return and also recommend this to others

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel about 6 different times in the past 2 months. Average of 3 nights per stay. The front desk and staff at this place really make this place. I am going to give a total current review of this place.

Location: It is located in Miami Gardens right off the Turnpike. Although there is really not much to do within walking distance, there is a lot to do within driving / cab distance. Calder Casino and Hard Rock are not too far away. Neither is Hollywood Beach. No real eating locations within walking, but plenty short drive. If no car you do have several delivery places from pizza to chinese to steak to wings to latin food, etc.

Check-In: This is where this place shines. The staff. Every single time check in was a breeze. Friendly staff always at front desk. Lobby has ample seating with a big screen tv.

Rooms: I have stayed in 3 of the 4 rooms they offer. Cityside Queen, Double City, Double Track. The rooms have always been clean and ready to go. Big LCD tv in room with plenty of inputs for tablets (netflix) or any other devices you want to play through tv. 8 HBO's and usual channels ESPN, TNT, etc. Mini fridge and microwave standard. The internet is surprisingly good here. I have streamed Netflix multiple stays with really no problems.
The view on the Track Side is what makes this place unique. For about $5-10 more you can get track side view over city side view for Double Rooms. I highly suggest track view. On 7th-8th floor view was great. A safe is provided in each room.

Housekeeping: Housekeeping as far as cleaning the rooms was fine. My main problem is that housekeeping and rest of staff in the halls of the rooms were kind of loud.

Pool: Clean pool and plenty of chairs and tables around. Kid friendly pool. 3 vending machines just before you enter pool. There is also a mini 9 hole golf small course next to the pool.

Check out: Simple and easy.

The hotel itself is outdated. Plumbing in the rooms is outdated. The room itself does need more electrical outlets for work "power users". But the staff and low prices for the rooms and what you get makes up for anything minor like that. My best tip is if you can afford the track side view over the city view on 6th floor and up, do it. I have stayed on city side and track side. Big difference in views.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
North Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

My check-in date was May 4th and I stayed in room 719. My stay was excellent. The staff was very respectful. After I checked out I noticed I forgot a pair of my sandals. I called room service and first they said they didn't see it. But I knew I left them in the room. When I called later on that day there was a young lady in the room service department I spoke with and she offered to go and re-check and it was found. I really appreciate how patient and respectful she was. Other than that overall my stay was good and will be back. Thank You

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to El Palacio Sports Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!