“John Orlando hotel has it all” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Stadium Hotel

You added Stadium Hotel to your Saves list
Stadium Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   21485 NW - 27 Avenue, Miami Gardens, FL 33056 (Formerly El Palacio Sports Hotel)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Miami Gardens
Orlando, Florida
“John Orlando hotel has it all”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I stay at least 12 to 15 times a year. Its always clean and all the help are very nice. Very convient for me because it is very close to both horse tracks. My grandkids can play miniture golf basket ball or swim which most places do not have. The price is very reasonable and the lady that does reservations is always very helpful. The only place for me.

Room Tip: Eighth floor track side. Can watch the horses work out first thing in moring and the races in the af...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

islands9
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

El Palacio was again headquarters for our annual trip to a Miami Dolphins game and a day at Calder Race Track. We stayed the nights of October 5th and 6th, and again enjoyed the hotel immensely.
El Palacio is the only place in the world where we can not only see the horses running while still standing on our room's balcony, but also easily walk to a day at Calder Race Track. We can even see Sun Life Stadium from our room and arrange a fast and efficient shuttle ride to the game right from the hotel lobby.
Another unique feature offered by this upbeat, well run hotel is the evening dining and entertainment at the Legends Grill located on top of the hotel. For my wife and me and the friends we brought, it provided a perfect close to both days' events. The view of Miami from Legends is quite special as is the friendly treatment by the Legends' entire staff.
Both evenings we enjoyed this friendly atmosphere, complete with more football, good pub style food and beverage, and wonderful care from the bar staff and management. We especially liked the service and company of Charlie and Evelyn who were top notch bar tenders and really fun and attentive professionals.
We always appreciated how well this outstanding bar/restaurant is managed to provide an experience that is far more than merely dinner and drinks, and we are repeatedly amazed at how manager Anaette is so adept at creating this jovial and enjoyable setting. For at least two consecutive years she has been there personally each night to oversee the outstanding service and add to the fun. We again happily marveled at her special efforts to assure that we and the rest of the patrons had a terrific time. Anaette took the time to make this happen and to somehow create the feeling that one is at home in one's favorite "Cheers-type" local pub, where everyone is special, and even the staff are your good friends.
Thank you Anaette and the entire El Palacio staff for making our weekend another memorable adventure. See you next year!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Kingsland, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on October 5, 2013. I chose this hotel because it WAS one of my favorites. I checked in at ten o' clock pm. I sat my bags down and exited the room. Upon returning to the room at around 2:45 am I started to settle in. I went to the bathroom to take a shower and the tub was filthy. There was dirt grime and some foreign substance in the tub. I called the front desk and spoke with Dominik about the problem with my room and he told me that all rooms were cleaned before the next customer checks in and blah blah blah. I had to insist that he send someone to inspect my room. He sent the security guard who agreed with me. i was then told nothing could be done until manager gets in the next morning.

As if that wasn't enough I pull back the covers to get into bed and there is obvious semen on the bedding. How disgusting. I know $129.00 is not a lot to some people but its waaay to much for me to sleep in these conditions.
I spoke with the hotel manager the next morning and all she would do to remedy the situation was take 20 dollars off my 2 day stay and send housekeeping.
I will never sty at this hotel or recommend it to any of my friends or colleagues ever again. I wish i could upload video to give you a visual to go along with this letter. I will be forwarding the video to their corporate offices. No one should be treated this way.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Sunshinez193
Baltimore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I'll do pro's and con's.
Pros: About a mile or so to the stadium. You can walk or they have a shuttle which is $15 round trip. We walked, you go around the back of the building through the race track parking lot and out to the street/sidewalk to stadium.
Rooms were clean.
Check in/out was easy.
Air worked well.
Police substation in hotel (don't know if that was a good or bad sign). We didn't have any problems.
Cons:
We had no clue what the hotel had to offer, nothing mentioned or flyer in room about restaurant/pool, golf course, etc., Room was a bit smelly (moldy smell) until we turned on the air. Bathroom shower was barely usable, more water on the floor than ourselves. Beds were very hard and uncomfortable. Door was falling apart. Screws were coming out and room keys worked intermittently. We had to go down twice to have them rescanned. Nothing around this hotel so you are pretty much stuck unless you are planning to go to a football game (we were). Stadium is close by.
All in all if I had to do it over I would investigate other hotels and see if they offered shuttles to game. Price was just too high for this 2 star outdated hotel.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 7th floor near the end. Pretty quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Miami Gardens, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

What can I say about the El Palacio? The rooms are very clean, grounds we'll kept. The staff is very nice and helpful. My children can play basketball I don't know any hotels that has a court. They can swim, free wi fi, continental breakfast and the most important thing the price, I excepted to pay a lot more then I did. I will be back!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I am a frequent guest and have been for several years. The entire staff and management are friendly, efficient, and sincere in their desire to make your stay an enjoyable one. Rooms are very comfortable with nice amenities.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Jim B
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

It's the closest hotel to the stadium. We were in town for an event and not the usual miami scene. Miami Gardens is a questionable place at best. Not the hotels fault

This is hardly a resort I'd call it a budget hotel. While the views of Calder race track/casino and The stadium are cool, the rest of the place is average. Not great, not awful

Beds were ok. Old tube tv. Bathroom was sort of clean, but not much attention to details like water marks on the shower chrome. No shampoo or conditioner either

The 9th floor sports bar was open for the "event", and closed at 10. Unfortunately, the games ended at 11. Good for pre game and friendly bartenders. The food and beverage manager who ran the place was on her cell phone more than my teenage daughters! Needless to say, she didn't interact with the customers

Front desk staff was nice but young and didn't know much.

The place has potential, but not there yet, but if you Need a relatively inexpensive place to stay close to the stadium, it will work if you have limited expectations

• Stayed August 2013
Rodeway inn Miami
#91 of 120 in Miami
2.5 of 5 stars 28 reviews
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hollywood/Aventura
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hollywood/Aven...
#2 of 5 in Hallandale Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 654 reviews
Wingate by Wyndham Fort Lauderdale Miramar
Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale SW/Miramar
Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Pembroke Pines

Been to Stadium Hotel? Share your experiences!