El Palacio was again headquarters for our annual trip to a Miami Dolphins game and a day at Calder Race Track. We stayed the nights of October 5th and 6th, and again enjoyed the hotel immensely.
El Palacio is the only place in the world where we can not only see the horses running while still standing on our room's balcony, but also easily walk to a day at Calder Race Track. We can even see Sun Life Stadium from our room and arrange a fast and efficient shuttle ride to the game right from the hotel lobby.
Another unique feature offered by this upbeat, well run hotel is the evening dining and entertainment at the Legends Grill located on top of the hotel. For my wife and me and the friends we brought, it provided a perfect close to both days' events. The view of Miami from Legends is quite special as is the friendly treatment by the Legends' entire staff.
Both evenings we enjoyed this friendly atmosphere, complete with more football, good pub style food and beverage, and wonderful care from the bar staff and management. We especially liked the service and company of Charlie and Evelyn who were top notch bar tenders and really fun and attentive professionals.
We always appreciated how well this outstanding bar/restaurant is managed to provide an experience that is far more than merely dinner and drinks, and we are repeatedly amazed at how manager Anaette is so adept at creating this jovial and enjoyable setting. For at least two consecutive years she has been there personally each night to oversee the outstanding service and add to the fun. We again happily marveled at her special efforts to assure that we and the rest of the patrons had a terrific time. Anaette took the time to make this happen and to somehow create the feeling that one is at home in one's favorite "Cheers-type" local pub, where everyone is special, and even the staff are your good friends.
Thank you Anaette and the entire El Palacio staff for making our weekend another memorable adventure. See you next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El Palacio Sports Hotel is The Very Best Among Miami Budget Hotels El Palacio Sports Hotel and Conference Center is the closest Hotel To Calder Casino & Race Course and Sun Life Stadium in the City of Miami Gardens, Florida. Our Miami Gardens hotel is a mile from Sun Life Stadium, which hosts sporting, music and entertainment events all year long. From your room you can look right down onto the Calder Casino & Race Course. If you're searching for Miami hotel accommodations that are as close as possible to the sports you like, look no further. El Palacio Sports Hotel and Conference Center is the only name you need to know. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com and Despegar.com so you can book your El Palacio Sports Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Palacio Sports Hotel And Conference Center
- El Palacio Sports Hotel Miami Gardens
- El Palacio Sports Miami
- El Palacio Hotel
- Hotel El Palacio Sports