“Great for a pit stop when on the go!” 3 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   21485 NW - 27 Avenue, Miami Gardens, FL 33056   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Miami Gardens
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Great for a pit stop when on the go!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

This was not my first stay there but my room was in MUCH BETTER condition than it was the last time & the price was VERY reasonable. If you're looking for luxury this is not it. If you spend more time out of your room than in & just need a decent place to rest, for a really good price, this fits.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

277 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

The desk clerk, Danny provided terrible service. When I tried to check in he stated that I had no reservation without any effort in double checking.! Once he finally found my reservation I asked for a specific room, he then stated in a loud tone you didn't pay for it!!! Wth totally embarrassing!! I ended up with a room with a loud running AC and didn't get much sleep, did I mention he forgot to give me back my ID...

• Stayed June 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

My wife and I got bitten by bed bugs on our first night, she found an adult bed bug filled with blood on the comforter the next morning before she realized what it was she killed it leaving blood spots on the comforter, we alerted the front desk who said they would talk to the manager who comes in at 10am this was at 8am we told them we will be out for the day and to have them call when they got in. A manager did call around 12pm and told us to come back to the hotel so we could switch rooms, when we got back to the hotel to move my wife wanted to show me the blood but upon entering the room the bed was made, she pulled back the comforter and there it was it was clear that the sheets we slept on the night before were not changed either and this room was prepared for the next check in.

The elevator as well as the corridors leading to both rooms on two separate floors smelled of mold/must and was visible on the walls and ceilings. There were flies on the wall on the 8th floor, hotel staff banged on our door at 3am and frontdesk called shortly after rudely Telling us that what we ordered was ready. I went to wipe my face in a towel and noticed it was USED (there were fresh dirt marks on neatly folded towels), the sheets and pillows in both rooms that we stayed in were not cleaned they smelled like sweat and body odor and had dirt marks with body hairs including pubic hairs all over the beds, I am convinced they do not change the linens after each check out they just make the bed back up, when we asked for fresh towels they told us to come to the FD for them because HK was not going to be in until 9am, we had to use our clothes to dry off in as it would've been inconvenient for any of us to go down to the front desk, just the thought of something so personal as towels being at the front desk made us uncomfortable, I am positive hotels keep their linens in linen closets or laundry rooms on at the front desk. This hotel needs to be condemned then shut down, then knocked down and built back to get back to where it used to be, its too far gone, each floor smelt worst than the last. On check out we told the manager about the bed bugs and the bites my wife and I endured and the one she saw and killed and she seemed like she was surprised I would've liked to think that these notes were made from the first time we told them but they weren't and I didn't see this manager write them down either. Our biggest concern was bringing them back home with us, we are in the process of inspecting and sanitizing everything that was in the room, we are still uncomfortable having to sleep in those two rooms on those dirty sheets and dirty pillows the dirt and hair was visible all over the beds and pillows in both rooms. Its a shame because we stayed there 3 years ago and enjoyed it but now it has gone downhill.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Miami Gardens hotels

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Had a great experience vacationing here on Memorial Day Weekend. The view from this location is a masterpiece of the tropical atmosphere that the city provides. Great accomodations & it's centrally located for those who will be visiting Dade & Broward counties. Staff was very welcoming & the supervisor (Indy) was very helpful & made sure that we were aware of the various accomodations the hotel offers. Swimming pool, miniature golf, basketball, & Calder Casino next door. I'll definitely make this my SHANGRI-LA.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
William21485, General Manager at El Palacio Sports Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Hello ACE R,
Thank you for the nice review and sharing your experience with others. We appreciate your compliments to the staff and hotel and we look forward to your next visit. Your review makes it all worth it.

Planet Earth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

This hotel is really nice, I was impressed. The lobby looked amazing and the staff were friendly. The room was spacious with all the amenities necessary. We had a lovely view of the pool and the balcony was roomy. The property was clean. My family and I were VERY satisfied.

I'd surely stay here in the future and I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Hello Planet Earth,
Thank you for sharing your great experience here at El Palacio. We really try to maintain a good, clean, affordable environment for our guests. Our balcony views are beautiful. Again we are so glad you and your family enjoyed your stay. Look forward to your return.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

I recently was a guest at EL PALACIOS. I stayed in room 810. The view from my room was amazing. I overlooked the entire race track next door, and a look at the dolphins stadium. It was my first time in Miami, and a young lady named Indy was very helpful in advising me on certain attractions in the city. My hat goes off to her. I will most definitely stay and reccomend that my friends stay at EL PALACIOS during their stay in Miami.

• Stayed May 2013
Hello Mark,
Thank you for this GREAT review. 810 is a wonderful view overlooking the track. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and shared it with others. Hope to see you return in the near future.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

No food service, no food delivery, noisy hallways, messy patio and mini golf, sports bar closed until football season. Rude staff, can't get here by foot without getting run over. Too expensive for what it's worth

• Stayed May 2013
Hello McFadden84,
I am sorry you feel our prices are too high, as we have very low rates for the summer with many promotions running. Although the sports bar is closed until football begins we clearly have this posted on all websites to inform our guests properly. We also have numerous places around the hotel for take out with menus at our front desk. Our staff are always accommodating. Again, sorry for any inconvenience you have expressed.

GM

Been to El Palacio Sports Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!