“Excellent accommodation.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Miami Gardens
Planet Earth
“Excellent accommodation.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

This hotel is really nice, I was impressed. The lobby looked amazing and the staff were friendly. The room was spacious with all the amenities necessary. We had a lovely view of the pool and the balcony was roomy. The property was clean. My family and I were VERY satisfied.

I'd surely stay here in the future and I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
William21485, General Manager at El Palacio Sports Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Hello Planet Earth,
Thank you for sharing your great experience here at El Palacio. We really try to maintain a good, clean, affordable environment for our guests. Our balcony views are beautiful. Again we are so glad you and your family enjoyed your stay. Look forward to your return.

293 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

I recently was a guest at EL PALACIOS. I stayed in room 810. The view from my room was amazing. I overlooked the entire race track next door, and a look at the dolphins stadium. It was my first time in Miami, and a young lady named Indy was very helpful in advising me on certain attractions in the city. My hat goes off to her. I will most definitely stay and reccomend that my friends stay at EL PALACIOS during their stay in Miami.

• Stayed May 2013
Hello Mark,
Thank you for this GREAT review. 810 is a wonderful view overlooking the track. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and shared it with others. Hope to see you return in the near future.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

No food service, no food delivery, noisy hallways, messy patio and mini golf, sports bar closed until football season. Rude staff, can't get here by foot without getting run over. Too expensive for what it's worth

• Stayed May 2013
Hello McFadden84,
I am sorry you feel our prices are too high, as we have very low rates for the summer with many promotions running. Although the sports bar is closed until football begins we clearly have this posted on all websites to inform our guests properly. We also have numerous places around the hotel for take out with menus at our front desk. Our staff are always accommodating. Again, sorry for any inconvenience you have expressed.

Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Although I just stayed here one night I must agree with previous reviews as far as the smell my room was on the 5th floor and as soon as I stepped off the elevator it was a smell of old, musty carpet with a hint of cigarette smell... YUKK! also they don't have any standard rooms with just 1 bed you have to upgrade to get 1 bed instead of 2 even if through were you booked you specified 1 king bed which was my case, so if your traveling with a significant other keep this in mind. We were charged also for resort fee which I didn't understand why as this is a hotel not a resort which for the night that we were there didn't even include breakfast.

The room was pretty clean, the bathroom as well, the sink did have some soap mildew which with a clean wet towel would have been just right which leave me wondering what else they just dont clean 0_0.....

Other than the above everything else was ok... hotel check in is a little slow but they're pretty friendly.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Rosa,
The hotel feels we do a good job with clean rooms and very competitive prices. Sorry for any inconvenience you have expressed. We are a budget hotel with a clean maintained facility to offer to our guests.

Hollywood, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

We needed to stay over in Miami Gardens area after returning from our annual cruise to attend the funeral of a family member who was killed in a motorcycle accident while we were at sea.

This property is adjacent to the Calder Casino and Race Course (formerly Calder Race Course). The El Palacio Sports Hotel & Conference Center, once a Holiday Inn, was a “colossal disappointment”.
1. The continental breakfast was filled with stale pastries and flies
2. The bed linens and bathroom towels were frayed, dingy and worn thin from overuse
3. The 5th floor reeked of cigarette smoke
4. The bathroom had not been cleaned and a used bar of soap was left in the soap dish
5. The furnishings and décor were deeply rooted in the 70’s
6. Well dressed and groomed, and in several instances the attire was quite provocative;
we observed a noticeable number of hourly guests coming and going through the hotel’s
lobby
7. The daytime desk personnel and a gentleman from maintenance were two positives for this
Miami Gardens, Florida property. These lovely individuals were pleasant, professional and
very personable

We felt the hotel to be an unsafe and unsavory environment for our young grandchildren (13, 14, 15 and 16). In fact we would not allow them to enter the building’s lobby without an adult from the family to accompany them, especially after 11 o'clock pm.

Room Tip: We noticed that when the elevator stopped on several of the floors, we were able to smell cigarette...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello Jeanie,
I would like to first say sorry for the loss of your family member. As to respond to the many complaints expressed the hotel does everything possible to supply a safe clean environment here. We have security here and also a police station on our property. Although the hotel is dated we do keep it well maintained and clean. Thank you for the nice staff reviews and we do appreciate your honesty. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have had.

Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

My husband and I just needed a place to sleep, shower and change clothes. The property was clean and the staff was friendly and courteous. Our room was in need of an update but clean. I was not disappointed because the rate was very inexpensive....especially for Miami. The continental breakfast was very sparse but the coffee was plentiful and good.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Auntiemame1946,
Thanks for the review and giving your experience. Our prices are nice and competitive and we keep our hotel clean and hope that people as yourself enjoy what we have to offer. Hope to see you return to the hotel.

Sumter, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I recently experienced death in the family and traveled to Florida. I wanted to stay close to my relatives so needless to say, unfortunately this is we're I ended up. After being on the road for 11 hours I was exhausted so I checked in and called it a night. That next day I looked around and thought to myself this room is not worth the $100+ I paid per night so I looked up the rates online. The rates were $40 cheaper online. When I inquired about this at the front desk I was told that is was nothing that could be done to get the price difference. I thought it was ridiculous for the price difference to be so drastic. I have never experienced a situation like this...the customer service was horrible and I will contact the corporate office.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Hello VL1981,
I am sorry for the inconvenience you have expressed however our walk in rates are higher than any promotional rates that we put out and that are on several websites. You would have to pre book to get any promotional rates. I hope you visit us again and book early to grab a promo that is going on. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards
GM

Been to El Palacio Sports Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!