“Excellent Value and Great Customer Service!” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   21485 NW - 27 Avenue, Miami Gardens, FL 33056   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Miami Gardens
Tampa, Florida, United States
“Excellent Value and Great Customer Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

My wife and I stayed in the room with King bed and jet tub. We loved the room and the amenities! Brand new flat screen TV and tile all throughout the room. Nicole at the front desk was awesome and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We will definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: Ask for their rooms on the first floor with the jet tubs in the bedroom. We beautiful rooms!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
William21485, Manager at El Palacio Sports Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Hello Mr. L,
We so appreciate your response to our hotel and staff. We look forward to your return stay here with us.

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Roma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was looking for an inexpensive but reasonable hotel to stay in the Miami area, and I found this hotel, close to the stadium in Miami Gardens. The hotel is conveniently located close to the turnpike, therefore it's easy reachable from the airport or any other major destination.
The hotel itself is no-frill, the rooms are ok, wifi free, parking free, breakfast free, although nothin to be thrilled about.
Staff kind and knowledgeable, I wouldn't suggest it for a family vacation, but if you are looking for a clean, unexpensive hotel in the great Miami area, is a valid alternative.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Hello Guest,
Thank you for the review. We appreciate your thoughts and honesty. As we are an older hotel we do maintain and keep our facility clean and offer low affordable rates. We hope to see you back in the future.

Regards
Arlington, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

So we got this hotel via Travelocity's Mystery hotel booking. Let me tell you that if you choose this option for South Florida, you'll likely get this hotel. Had I known this is what "3 stars" is, I would not have booked it. They also have an additional hotel fee which is outside of what you pay via Travelocity..not cool.

It looks and is dated, think Miami Vice salmon color decor. The room was basic (clean), but had two of the hardest stone tablet-esque beds. My wife came home with lots of back pain. The internet was very slow (at least it was free). I was expecting a gym, but they got rid of it.

They host conferences/events on the top floor, and we experienced a loud evangelical event on our first night. It certainly would have continued if I would not have complained. Think of your hotel guests if you're going to allow a very loud event in the evening. They did take care of it, and did not hear any more of it.

The positives I have for it: 20 minutes from Miami and Fort Lauderdale/next to the turnpike/ plenty of parking/ a police hub at the hotel.

Sorry folks, I will pay more next time and stay at a better place. Thumbs up to the staff for being friendly and accommodating.

Room Tip: Look at the calendar of events; the event hall sits at the top floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hello Guest,
I apologize for the stay not meeting your standards. I thank you for the compliment to our staff. I wish you could of told us that you were unhappy with your room and stay so we could of tried to move you or had a chance at supplying your needs.

Kearny, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I love to stay in one of the Kingside Track rooms where you can see the jockeys training their horses in the early morning before dawn. It overlooks the outdoor swimming pool, and in the distance you can see the stadium where the Marlins play home games. The former fitness room was removed to make more room for people eating breakfast, which is included in the room price and includes fresh fruit, a few cereals, toast, and drink. The rooms are sufficiently large to make it comfortable to stay there to use the internet connection, which varies in strength from room to room. If you are a casino fan, which I am not, there is one within easy walking distance. The staff are always friendly and helpful at all times of the day and night.

Room Tip: The Kingside Track rooms on a high floor are best.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you again for your outstanding review and support towards our staff and hotel. We appreciate your thoughts and review and always look forward to your next stay with us.

Regards
Gainesville, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

This hotel was exactly what we wanted for our stay in the North Miami area. We chose this hotel for the price, location, and overall customer satisfaction for the hotel. The staff was very friendly, parking was not a problem, and we had a wonderful experience. We would gladly choose this hotel again for our next trip to the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
William21485, General Manager at El Palacio Sports Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Hello,
Thank you for the nice response and expressing your good experience you had at our hotel. We are grateful for the review and look forward to your return. It was our pleasure having you.

Regards,
Double Oak, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I was in room 612 for BCS champ weekend. Our stay was excellent. The
room was nice for my brother and I and the walk was great to the
stadium. Everything was "as advertised". I made my reservation back in
April since I was not affiliated with either of the teams. The walk to Sun Life took 22 minutes. Walk to casino took about 6 minutes. On BCS weekend, this hotel was the hub of local activity (not including the stadium parking lots, of course). StubHub pickup table was set up in hotel driveway starting early morning on game day. Live band followed and overall a great game day atmosphere. Loved the 9th floor sports bar. The staff was EXCELLENT. Yes, it's an older hotel and I must say my shower drained slower than I would have liked. Not much around if you don't have a car (KFC was a 10 minute walk). No other food places close. But AC worked great, view from balcony was awesome, and facility was aged but up to par. I was concerned looking at some of the reviews. But with some people so picky and others quick to complain, you have to wonder. I'll just say this: If you are going to an event at Sun Life, you don't want to drive, you enjoy playing slots and you want an excellent sports bar on site, stay here. Cab fare was $41 back to FLL airport....about 30 minutes away.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
William21485, General Manager at El Palacio Sports Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
It is a pleasure to read your review and have you express such true things. Your review hits things head on and is most helpful for future guests to be educated. We thank you for taking the time to post and we hope you visit us again in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

All if the above and even provided a shuttle to and from the game at a reasonable price! I highly recommend this hotel if you are going to attend a game at Sun Life Stadium. You also ate in walking distance to the casino and horse race track . Great experience and a great time. ROLL TIDE!

• Stayed January 2013
William21485, Manager at El Palacio Sports Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Great! Great! and Great!! This is what we like to hear. Sincere thanks from the entire El Palacio Staff. We love to hear of this success. Hope to see you visit us again.

Regards,
GM

Been to El Palacio Sports Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!