“Orange Bowl - What an Experience” 4 of 5 stars

and up
Taste of Miami Helicopter Tour
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Orange Bowl - What an Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Now I can check off 'going to a college bowl game' from my bucket list, because it was a football dream to be able to go to. If my team, OSU, had won it would have been perfect, but the stadium is really nice. We've been to many stadiums all around the country and this game and event was wonderfully staffed. The parking lot attendants were great, the inside attendants were very knowledgeable, and the ushers were very helpful. Lighting and the "Jumbotrons" for a night game are fantastic, and the only thing that was a bit uncomfortable were the rather smallish seats. But I had no idea that during a bowl game, almost everyone stands all the time!! We were on the 46 yard line, about 8 rows back, and the entire field was viewable. But a definite drawback was the $10 bottle of beer, and the $10 cheesey nachos with chili. Didn't even want to look to see what a bag of popcorn might have been. Oh well, its been a while since my last game, I guess.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank THOMAS F

Port Saint Lucie, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great visit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

Went there for the Orange Bowl. Staff was awesome, very helpful and very polite. Food was good but a bit pricey and the whole stadium (including bathrooms) was clean!

Visited December 2013
Akron, Ohio
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Great venue - Help needed on traffic ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Attended the Orange bowl game and the pre game and in-game experiences were all good. The personnel were friendly and accommodating. Stadium food and beverage offerings were good and in line with most major stadiums for pricing (Read: "ridiculously expensive -- e.g. - $10 bottle of beer). The seating and views are all good as were the two big screen video scoreboards. A little over the top with PA music - at many times overwhelming the playing of the two very fine college marching bands that were in attendance - but that's the trend today. There is ample close-in parking surrounding the stadium - all within 1500 feet of an entrance. My one very major complaint is that for the cost of parking ($20-30), the traffic control provided after the end of this night game was simply abysmal. In spite of being located very close to multiple major thoroughfares (a trait which we thought would facilitate a rapid post - game departure) exiting the parking lots was an excruciatingly slow process. We got out of our space and into an aisle way and then did not move for literally 55 minutes-not even one car length. And virtually everyone in our parking lot shared the same experience. Considering they likely generate nearly $1 million from just parking fees, this is totally inexcusable not to have sufficient traffic control personnel and systems for post-game departures. Considering there is no mass transit to the stadium it would seem imperative to have good traffic control for all the automobiles that must come to the game. Fix this major glitch and you get closer to 5 stars.

1 Thank BuckeyeBob
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Nice place to see a game”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Went to the Orange Bowl. Very nice place to see a game. The seats were good almost everywhere, food was okay, and the employees were very nice and helpful.

Detroit, Michigan
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Ladies - No PURSES”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I probably would have rated this stadium a little higher, but the fact that I could not take my purse into the stadium put a sour taste in my mouth. I don't carry a large purse. My purse was just big enough for an iphone, ID, and a few credit cards. So you can't get much in it. This stadium ONLY allows CLEAR bags into the stadium. So if your purse is not clear, you have to check it at the main gate. Absolutely no bags that are not made of clear plastic. Being that we were visiting from out of town and took a cab over to the stadium, we had to check out bags before entering the stadium. And the checked bag location closes 30 minutes after the game ends, so no mingling in the stadium after the game, you have to rush to get your belongings. I've gone to a Heat and Marlins game in Miami earlier this year and they did not have these same rules in place, so I'm not sure why the football stadium is any different from the other 2 stadiums. Other than that, they have a nice stadium. Pretty good sight from all points within the stadium. It is an open air stadium, so plan accordingly for the weather.

Visited December 2013