“Miami Beach has all the opportunities to make your dreams come true!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Miami Beach

Miami Beach
Directions
Miami Beach, FL
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Miami Beach has all the opportunities to make your dreams come true!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2010

I lived in Miami Beach for 3 years and wouldn't trade my time there for anything. First off they have some of the nicest beaches in the US. Warm water nearly year round and beautiful people everywhere. Miami Beach is like Mecca for beautiful people. The Latin flavor in Miami is far better than most Latin countries I can assure you! Come get a taste of the Islands with Little Haiti, Little Havana and a feel of Glitz and Glamor in South Beach... Bring a camera because there are always photo ops for celebs and things you wouldn't dream of seeing in middle america. Like to Fish? Then Miami has your opportunity for Trophy Sail Fish, Dolphin and many other varieties. With plenty of recreation and nightlife I think Miami Beach is the best Vacation spot hands down!

california
“Not all it's cracked up to be.....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2009

My boyfriend and I just spent the day in Miami....and boy were we disappointed!!! First off, we took the city bus from downtown to the beach....it was supposed to be a 30 minute ride...and we were looking to save $$! Well, our 30 minute bus ride turned into a 2.5 hour bus ride!!!!!! We finally got there and went in search of a bar to watch Sunday football. We went to Wings and Rings where we got AWFUL service and TERRIBLE food....and it wasn't cheap! After visiting a few more bars, we decided we were done, and wanted to head back to the hotel. Waiting for the bus, we were constantly harrassed by homeless people asking for money. Oh! And the city had an overall foul smell...almost forgot about that! Overall, not the posh place we thought it would be....and we will NOT be returning!

south carolina
“Miami-Hollywood FL”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2009

So much to do! For relaxation, take a book and hit the Beach. For shopping, designer stores at Bal Harbour are incredible. Although, the coolest finds are along Lincoln Rd Mall for boutique shopping. Joe's Stone Crab is delicious. Stroll Coconut Grove. If you trek north a bit, the Hollywood Boardwalk, for a walk or bike ride , or swim is safe and fun.

boston
“Miami”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2009

You can find anything here. Great nightlife. Wonderful beaches.

Boscawen, NH
“Photographing the Art Deco District SoBe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2009

I flew into FLL, rented a car and drove the half hour to South Beach. I was hoping to be in time to take in the Wolfsonian on a free Friday evening, but my timing was off. I parked in a parking garage and stayed the night in the Riviera Apart Hotel. My accommodations were adequate and quieter than most of the hotels on Collins Ave. because there was no bar, nightlife facilities attached to it. I felt safe in the area, a woman alone, and proceeded to photograph as many art deco hotels as I could both my first eve. after dark to catch neon lights and early the next morning before the crowds awoke from their revelries. I had prepared a type of map, graph for myself based on information I collected on the internet through tripadvisor, the local C of C, flickr groups, etc. I only had 2 - 3 hours before heading on my way to the North of Florida to visit my Mom and then return later in the week to stay another night and photograph another 3 - 4 hours. Staying so close to the main sections of Ocean Dr., Collins Ave, & Washington Ave. was a really helpful time-saver. On the return visit, I also found Meridian Ave. with some delightful residential art deco architecture and Lincoln Ave. for more than just its shops, photo-worthy. I ventured out onto the southern end of Miami beach and wandered inside a few hotels to take some interior deco detail photos. I enjoyed some Cuban specialties at the counter at Puerto Sagua and bought some take out from Jerry's Famous Deli. All in all I squeaked in over 400 photos in what could have been hurricane season and loved my experience. The only downside was Enterprise Car Rental out of the Fort Lauderdale airport seemed determined to rush me through their process: didn't offer me insurance or an opportunity to look over my rental so of course on return they found a small scratch "I hadn't seen". My insurance deductible was applied but I've vowed not to use that company from that location again.

Been to Miami Beach? Share your experiences!