“Beware!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Elemis Spa at the Loews Miami Beach Hotel - CLOSED

Elemis Spa at the Loews Miami Beach Hotel
1601 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)
305 604-1601
Website
Improve this listing
Hanover, Massachusetts
6 attraction reviews
“Beware!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

I scheduled a message at Elemis last week and was in for a big surprise when I returned to the locker room. The lockers have a combination lock where the customer sets their own personal code, which I did. I was with a friend who also used a locker and set a personal code prior to his message. Upon our return, both lockers were no longer locked and $100 appeared to be missing from both of our wallets. At the time we questioned whether we both miscounted our money when all of a sudden another man in the locker room started yelling about his wallet being missing as well as his $30k Rolex! Since we were not 100% certain we were really missing money we went on our way. And then........a few days later I received a call from Citibank about strange charging patters in Ft Meyers with my Master Card. I have never been to Ft Meyers. Apparently my extra Master Card was lifted from my wallet, so Citibank cancelled the card and sent a new one after $1,500 was charged on it for gas, Walmart, and auto store, etc.

I would guess that an employee may have the "master code" to the lockers and helps themselves while customers are away getting a treatment. I called the hotel to report the theft, but NOBODY has called me back. Very poor customer service. Go at your own risk!!!

Visited February 2014

San Francisco
6 attraction reviews
“Okay spa, nothing spectacular, not horrible either”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

My experience at Elemis just very average. Like others have mentioned, the spa is older and very run down. There were tiles missing from the hot tub, and the showers didn't look 100% clean.... they worked fine, just looked a big ugly. The relaxation room, though, was very nice and clean. Two things the locker room and relaxation room were missing that I would suggest having: lotion and cold, bottled water (they had hot water for tea, but not cold)

As for the service, I got an 80 minute deep tissue, which again, was just okay. Nothing great, but didn't have a horrible experience like others did, either. I could tell the therapists have a very standard routine they go through that is the same for everyone. I mentioned that I had a kink in my shoulder and my calves and asked her to work them out, but she did not pay any additional attention to them. Also, it was supposed to be a deep tissue, and I asked her to add more pressure, but it was still medium, at most. However, the reason I am not giving it less stars and just an average rating is because I didn't feel scammed or anything like others noted - my appointment started on time, ended on time, and no additional hidden fees. (Note though: for the appointment time, the time STARTS when the therapists picks you up, not when you are undressed and she begins the session)

Visited January 2014
Miami, Florida
7 attraction reviews
“A Pleasant Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

I was given a "All Good Things comes in Threes" experience as a gift. When I checked the reviews in Tripadvisor, I was afraid things weren't going to go nicely. However, I was very satisfied with the services that Bryan Rosales provided as a therapist. The back massage was well executed and he was knowledgeable, besides being pleasant. The foot massage was very nice too. I was positively impressed with Elemis Spa @ the Village Of Merrick Park. Melyza Munoz took care of my facial. She has very smooth manners and the environment was perfectly clean and soothing. By the time I left, I was massaged from head to toes. The front desk person was very professional too.

Visited January 2014
california
“DO NOT SPA here, They are Thieves, have hidden FEES, I would never ever going again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

We just came back from a girls getaway weekend in Miami. We stayed at the Loews and decided to get massages at Elemis. While we were checking into the spa, the manager, Kevin, asked us if we wanted to add any additional services. He recommended the scalp massage. We all agreed to add a 35 minute scalp massage to our 50 minute deep tissue massage. What he failed to tell us is that the total massage would not be 85 minutes, it would be MUCH shorter. The 4 of us were puzzled when our massages ended in 45 minutes. We had a 20 minute deep tissue massage and 25 minute scalp massage but had to pay for the full amount of both treatments. When we asked Kevin, the manager about this, he said "oh yeah, I would not advise getting it for myself, but the company makes me ask all of the customers if they want it." He made us all pay $140 for a 50 minute massage which was only 20 minutes long and $45 for a 35 minute scalp massage which was only 25 minutes long. Essentially, they combine both treatments into one time slot but make you pay like you had the full time of both treatments. SO UNPROFESSIONAL. Kevin supposedly called his director and nothing was done to compensate us for our lack of massage time. They are extremely unprofessional. DO NOT SPA HERE.

Visited November 2013
Brooklyn, New York
“Nice Massage at the spa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I had a travelZoo deal, so I went for an 80min Swedish Massage. The massage was very pleasant with Mary. I am a massage therapist myself. She was very sweet. The facility was average. Nothing over the top, I just wanted my massage and enjoy the quietness. So I was happy that I achieved that. Thanks Mary!

Visited July 2013