“TOO EXPENSIVE FOR THE QUALITY THEY OFFER” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Sylvano

Sylvano
1925 Liberty Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (West Avenue)
(305) 673-3959
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #86 of 829 restaurants in Miami Beach
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: West Avenue
Miami Beach, Florida
“TOO EXPENSIVE FOR THE QUALITY THEY OFFER”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

The pastas are indicent, way too much sauce and over cooked. The veal tastes like beef. The desserts are always the same, don't order the strudel!

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

84% Recommend
Staten Island, New York, United States
“LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Sylvano's!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I spent Memorial Day week in Miami with friends. We stayed at the Riviera Suites Hotel (which was amazing). Our balcony overlooked this hidden gem in Miami. I visit Miami every year and we are always looking for a great place to eat, off Ocean Drive where all the noise and $27 drinks are. I will just say this. Go to Sylvano's. I will be back year after year for sure! Food was amazing, people/staff were so friendly, service was great! I am Italian, I take pride in an Italian dinner... this was by far, one of the best meals I have had out. And I have been to Rome, Naples and the Amalfi coast. I felt like I took a trip to Italy inside Sylvano's. Thank you for a great meal!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Florida
“Great Food, Off the Beaten Path”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

The hotel staff recommended this restaurant which is a block to the west of Collins Ave. and three and one-half blocks north of Lincoln Road without the Lincoln Road or Beach Drive prices. Because of the humidity, we sat inside rather than eating outside. We each had a different dish which included pasta and a type of fish. The food was excellent and the service friendly and timely. We had cocktails and shared a bottle of wine which was the perfect accompaniment to the meal.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Canonsburg, Pennsylvania
“Beware....Pay ONLY with cash”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

My advice to anyone considering dining at this restaurant is to PAY WITH CASH. We payed our bill with a credit card and left our server a +20% cash tip. It wasn't until we returned home and I jumped online to do a quick reconciliation of our debit charges, that I realized our card was run though a second time adding $20.00 on to our total. This is incredibly disappointing to me as we thoroughly enjoyed our dinner, and we left a very generous CASH tip. Had this not occurred, this review would have been very different. Needless to say, we will not be returning to or recommending Sylvano's.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Glasgow, UK
“Locals or Tourists.....all are welcome.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I was staying across the street and attending an exhibition so it was the perfect solution after a busy day on your feet when you wanted good quality food at reasonable prices.
I had 3 meals in 6 days and I have to say I was not disappointed once either by the quality of the food, the service or the bill.
I feel that I have to counter the previous review by saying that as a tourist I did not feel unwelcome in fact the opposite.

• Visited April 2013