“Best room ever!” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Roney Plaza Apartments to your Saves list
Booking.com Priceline.com
Roney Plaza Apartments
4.0 of 5 Condominium   |   2301 Collins Ave. #506, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Oceanfront)   |
“Best room ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2004

This hotel is wonderful. It's not as centrally located to the action as one would like, but its is really a magnificent hotel.

The room was probably one of the best hotel rooms that we have ever stayed in...bearing in mind that we travel quite extensively. The rooms are absolutely enormous, with separate living-room and bedroom areas. The bathroom was almost as large as the bed room!

The King-sized bed was the most comfortable bed that we've ever slept on.

The rooms also come with a working kitchen, with your own large fridge, sink, and microwave.

The hotel itself has the feel of a real "beach vacation", and the constant flow of people adds to the warm and friendly atmosphere. The pool isn't all that great, but the beach is fantastic.

Right next door to this hotel is a grocery store, and there is also an "Outback Steakhouse" that serves fantastic and affordable food. The public library is one block away, across the street, and has free Internet access if one requires it.

This is a truly marvelous hotel that I would recommend to anyone, particularly people traveling in large groups.

40 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2004

Overall the Roney was nice. The outside of the hotel is really ugly because of the renovations being done. There is some noise mon-fri 8-5 because they are working on the balconies. I stayed for the fourth of july weekend so we missed most of the construction. The main pool was closed. Beach is very close by. Not much of a walk. Nightlife and action of ocean drive are far. We had to take a cab to all of the the clubs and to the happening area of the beach. The room was beautiful and spacious. It looked just like the pictures on their website. I would recommend this hotel for families who aren't interested in the nightlife that south beach has to offer. For those of you who are looking to club hop you might want to stay on ocean drive. But we got a really good deal so couldn't complain. After the renovations are complete the price of this place will sky rocket!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2004

We really enjoyed our spacious studio-like room. It had a kitchen and balcony overlooking Collins Ave. However, the hotel was too big for our taste, felt more like Vegas than Miami. The location is the biggest draw back. It's far away from all the action in a rather run down area of South Beach. I wouldn't recommend it.

San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2004

I was just at the Roney for a business/pleasure trip for the last week of February. I went early to stay the weekend with a friend have some fun before the business part of the trip. I decided to stay at the Roney after extensive research on other places and I was right - The rooms were huge (I had a standard ocean view). Yes, there are charges for parking, mini-bar etc. but I'm afraid you will find it EVERYWHERE in Miami. Plus they were great getting the car, giving directins, telling you where to go/how to find hot spots -they genuinely care to make your stay great. Just don't drive if you are too cheap to pay parking and go to the liquor store accross the street on the left of the hotel to stock up on alcohol, water, drinks, and munchies like I did to save on the mini-bar charges (what kind of a person pays for that stuff anyway?). Then get an ice bucket and use the glasses they provide for a cold drink - fancy that. The rooms have sinks, counter space and microwave (a mini kitchen that is spacious) and big soft, soft beds. It feels like a small apt. The beach in front is really nice. So is the pool and hot tub (its too hot to think of using a hot tub in Miami really anyway but it was never crowded if you want to use it. ) The great thing about the Roney is that you will receive great , speedy service. Trust me I know this because I spent the "business" portion of my trip at the boutique type "Savoy" hotel (about the same price as the Roney) Nice hotel but..Well, its on Ocean more near all the expensive shopping etc. in a NICE area BUT they sucked - no onsite parking $22 to park by yourself accross the street with NO help with bags, $8 to use minimal beach equipment, NO HOT TUB, slow incompetent desk people who couldn't find me a fork (said the restaurant was "closed" but when I went to look myself there wasn't even a door to the restaurant -just a sign saying "closed" so I walked right in and got a fork myself, they forgot to put robes in the room, couldn't tell us how to find a deli (found one 1 block away)...oh the list goes on. On the other hand... I realized 2 days after checkout that I lost my cell phone charger in my room at the Roney and all I had to do was call, they transfered me right away to the housekeeping dept. who promply answered, asked which room I was in, and found it just like that. They had it labled with room and date lost and in a bag waiting for me to claim it. That just sums up how easy they made things there. I went into EVERY hotel along Collins Ave. so I could see how I liked them and I was always glad to go back to the Roney. Some others looked (Delano/Shore Club)nice but rooms small or just too "swanky" for a real fun time without worrying if you look like "somebody". I loved the Roney. Check it out.

• Stayed January 2005, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2004

I have never given a bad review before this will be a first. If you have doubts about my review call the Roney and ask them about my points they will tell you all you need too know. unfortunately I left this pick up to my travel agent and could not reverse my reservation. Upon arriving you are told to initial and sign your expence form which they charge you 10$ a night for things that should be covered in the room rate. They have a stoked fridge this is run on sensors if you remove an object it registers and they bill you for consuming the product even if you are just reading the lable for an expiration date. a can of soda 4$, water 5$, and snickers bar 3.25$, and m&m's 4$. It is an insult to see those prices. If you buy soda from somewhere else and want to keep it cold they charge you 25$ to use the given fridge. Your can rent a seperate one for 15$. All Balconies are closed. if you just want to see the ocean this will be your place but due to the fact that you cannot open the windows you never get an ocean breeze or even the sounds of the wave coming to shore. The desk was constantly swapmed with people demanding upgraded rooms for the poorly coodinated renovation. Only one four person hot tub for a 300 room resort. On Saturday after spending the day on the beach all guests were locked out of the pool area due to a wedding. No notice or postings were given unless you were at the pool at the time they closed it. Trying to explain your point is usless. I was told "You are staying at the Roney Palace you are paying for what you get you didn't have to stay here if you didn't want. When I answered with my intent to take my business to the riande continental where I acould have had everything the roney was offering and more I was told that would be no problem. but because of the paper you sign upon arrival if you leave early they charge you for the full reservation. YOU WILL BE SCREWED IF YOU STAY HERE. PLEASE TAKE YOUR BUSINESS ELSE WHERE ANYWHERE. and 22$ for there valet parking is outlandish when other resorts are only charging 10$ for the same same service. If you doubt me call them and verify the things I have written. If it weren't for the magic of South Beach my trip would have been a complete flop. As for my travel agent she will never hear the end of this one.

home
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2003

Stayed there for 4 days with 3 kids. The rooms were spacious, the pool was great,it was out of the action so that the kids were not exposed to the "true south beach scene" but close enough to walk to Lincoln Rd in about 10 minutes. The staff was very helpful, and even allowed a very late check out with no extra charge, as the hospitality suites were under construction.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2003

I stayed at the Roney Palace in March of 2003. The main issue with this
hotel is that everything is inconsistent. We received excelent service
from some people (pool waitress) and terrible service from others
(front desk). We asked for an ocean view room and were told it would be
$100 more. Our friends asked someone else and they said, sure! They
were always out of things at the restaurants and bars, including food
ingredients. I once got a pasta dish at the indoor restaurant and it
was missing 3 out of the 6 main ingredients listed on the menu. The
food is pretty good but not great. We had our 3 year old with us and
spent a lot of time at the pool, so we ate there during the day. I
thought the food was good, plenty and the prices were reasonable. $10
for a good huge burger with tons of fries. The fresh fruit is a nice
treat if you're there at the right time. I booked my reservation with a
travel agent (package) and the service fee was included so I didn't
have to pay that there. We knew about the balconies so we weren't
disappointed. The truth about those is that they have not past
inspection and will eventually all be removed. Some already have been.
That's too bad considering the hotel is ocean front. The rooms are very
spacious. They don't claim they have kitchens, so I don't think anyone
can complain about that.
I hope there isn't a wedding going on during your stay. There was one in the courtyard when we stayed there and the music was blaring until 1 am. Half the hotel was at the front desk that night complaining and there was no real manager on duty. It was horrible. At least we got a good manager the next day who refunded us for that one night.
Even with all the problems, I would stay here again if I'm traveling
with kids. My daughter could take a nap during the day and we could
hang out in the living room. (A fridge in the room would make this
hotel more family friendly.) This is the only place on Miami beach
where you can do that and stay right on the ocean. If it were just my
husband and I, I would definitely stay somewhere else.

Been to Roney Plaza Apartments? Share your experiences!