“$250 + For the what? Really for what?” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Roney Plaza Apartments

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Miami Beach
Roney Plaza Apartments
You added Roney Plaza Apartments to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Condominium   |   2301 Collins Ave. #506, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
A TripAdvisor Member
“$250 + For the what? Really for what?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2004

I have never given a bad review before this will be a first. If you have doubts about my review call the Roney and ask them about my points they will tell you all you need too know. unfortunately I left this pick up to my travel agent and could not reverse my reservation. Upon arriving you are told to initial and sign your expence form which they charge you 10$ a night for things that should be covered in the room rate. They have a stoked fridge this is run on sensors if you remove an object it registers and they bill you for consuming the product even if you are just reading the lable for an expiration date. a can of soda 4$, water 5$, and snickers bar 3.25$, and m&m's 4$. It is an insult to see those prices. If you buy soda from somewhere else and want to keep it cold they charge you 25$ to use the given fridge. Your can rent a seperate one for 15$. All Balconies are closed. if you just want to see the ocean this will be your place but due to the fact that you cannot open the windows you never get an ocean breeze or even the sounds of the wave coming to shore. The desk was constantly swapmed with people demanding upgraded rooms for the poorly coodinated renovation. Only one four person hot tub for a 300 room resort. On Saturday after spending the day on the beach all guests were locked out of the pool area due to a wedding. No notice or postings were given unless you were at the pool at the time they closed it. Trying to explain your point is usless. I was told "You are staying at the Roney Palace you are paying for what you get you didn't have to stay here if you didn't want. When I answered with my intent to take my business to the riande continental where I acould have had everything the roney was offering and more I was told that would be no problem. but because of the paper you sign upon arrival if you leave early they charge you for the full reservation. YOU WILL BE SCREWED IF YOU STAY HERE. PLEASE TAKE YOUR BUSINESS ELSE WHERE ANYWHERE. and 22$ for there valet parking is outlandish when other resorts are only charging 10$ for the same same service. If you doubt me call them and verify the things I have written. If it weren't for the magic of South Beach my trip would have been a complete flop. As for my travel agent she will never hear the end of this one.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
home
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2003

Stayed there for 4 days with 3 kids. The rooms were spacious, the pool was great,it was out of the action so that the kids were not exposed to the "true south beach scene" but close enough to walk to Lincoln Rd in about 10 minutes. The staff was very helpful, and even allowed a very late check out with no extra charge, as the hospitality suites were under construction.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2003

I stayed at the Roney Palace in March of 2003. The main issue with this
hotel is that everything is inconsistent. We received excelent service
from some people (pool waitress) and terrible service from others
(front desk). We asked for an ocean view room and were told it would be
$100 more. Our friends asked someone else and they said, sure! They
were always out of things at the restaurants and bars, including food
ingredients. I once got a pasta dish at the indoor restaurant and it
was missing 3 out of the 6 main ingredients listed on the menu. The
food is pretty good but not great. We had our 3 year old with us and
spent a lot of time at the pool, so we ate there during the day. I
thought the food was good, plenty and the prices were reasonable. $10
for a good huge burger with tons of fries. The fresh fruit is a nice
treat if you're there at the right time. I booked my reservation with a
travel agent (package) and the service fee was included so I didn't
have to pay that there. We knew about the balconies so we weren't
disappointed. The truth about those is that they have not past
inspection and will eventually all be removed. Some already have been.
That's too bad considering the hotel is ocean front. The rooms are very
spacious. They don't claim they have kitchens, so I don't think anyone
can complain about that.
I hope there isn't a wedding going on during your stay. There was one in the courtyard when we stayed there and the music was blaring until 1 am. Half the hotel was at the front desk that night complaining and there was no real manager on duty. It was horrible. At least we got a good manager the next day who refunded us for that one night.
Even with all the problems, I would stay here again if I'm traveling
with kids. My daughter could take a nap during the day and we could
hang out in the living room. (A fridge in the room would make this
hotel more family friendly.) This is the only place on Miami beach
where you can do that and stay right on the ocean. If it were just my
husband and I, I would definitely stay somewhere else.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2003

I liked the hotel as much as I like Miami Beach.

Madison, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2003

We spent four days at this hotel and it was terrific. We had no construction problems but a great "renovation rate." The room was enormous. We plan to go back. Highly recommended.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2003

Wow the Roney was a fantastic place to stay The room,service and pool were all excellent. The breakfast was unbeatable quality and value The beachside location you won't want to leave. Overall a great place to stay Can't wait to get back..................

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2003

I recently stayed at the Roney on Miami Beach. It was very nice. I had a wonderful experience the pool side food and beverage service was a plus.I like to have restaurants right on the property.The beach was very nice.

Been to Roney Plaza Apartments? Share your experiences!