Miccosukee Resort and Conference Center is actual a gaming hotel. All you will ever experience is hundreds of geeky machines for gaming enthusiasts. That is gaming like Vegas, not like video games.
When you enter the reception area, the first thing you will notice is the smell of cigarette smoke. It’s just like being back to a 90s party. The next thing you will notice is the tivoli-like sound from the machines. There must be a huge squad of security “guards” in the hotel. At the back side of the building I noticed eight (!) police cars.
We travelled with kids at headed straight for the pool. Three guards told us to keep the kids at the correct side of a line. If the kids made a short cut through the gaming zone, they would almost be arrested. No worries, the kids did fine and are still alive.
The room was standard and okay. We didn’t expect a hotel with charm, and we didn’t get that either.
The world of gaming is an unknown world for me, but it was interesting to observe the players. I would never have guessed this is where the old ladies with purple hair would be.
Parking facilities are great, and it is easy to locate the hotel. We arrived late and left early next morning. It was a practical and user-friendly stay in a strange little world.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary Hotel incorporating Art Deco & Miccosukee Indian styling. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Tingo and Priceline so you can book your Miccosukee Resort and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Miccosukee Hotel Miami Beach
- Miccosukee Resort Miami Beach