The reviews for this hotel seemed more varied than most, especially from those visiting recently. Lots of complaints about service, delays getting ice, etc. So I am taking the time to write. That was not my experience.
The PROs first: Wonderful room, spacious, overlooking pool area and onto the ocean (at least in the newly renovated tower). Well lit, open balcony, jacuzzi, large overhead shower. Lobby is bright, clean, friendly. Exercise room is large and very well equipped. Access to beach is excellent with boardwalk adjoining the hotel and excellent beach front. I had breakfast in Gia, the restaurant in the hotel. Pricey buffet ($31) , but excellent fruit, breads and made to order omlettes. Did not use the pool, but seemed inviting and not crowded.
The CONs: large hotel (although some may prefer that), 13 dollar cab ride to South beach restaurants, expensive drinks (by report, did not use), and $15 a day internet. The room had two mior problems: One of the two bathroom fausets malfunctioned as it was hard to turn the water to cool from lukewarm (I did not bother to complain) and there was some noise coming up from the pool including music that was audible early in the morning. Bothered me one morning but not the other.
Obviously there has been a lot of chatter about service and slowness getting ice on recent prior reports. I found an ice dispenser conveniently down the hall. In terms of service, I had at least half a dozen different encounters ( I will spare you the details more than usual for me, and more complicated) and would rate the responses A+,,nothing less. I wonder if the management has been reading Trip Advisor and instituted remeadial action. Minor additional nice touches were availability of three newspares and ice water from the conceirge.
In terms of value, I always find that hard to rate. I stayed one night at a convention rate of $198, a second night at $279 with breakfast included. The rack rate seemed about $350
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront on Miami Beach, Eden Roc's captivating vibe pulses with a dynamic convergence of modern and classic, delivering the unexpected with a sophisticated and memorable experience. Beginning with the juxtaposition of the historic Legendary Tower with an ultramodern Ocean Tower, Eden Roc inventively merges the best aspects of yesterday with today, taking all to a daring new level of intensity. Located on Collins Ave. This resort flawlessly blends iconic Miami style with fabled glamour, offering 631 spacious guest rooms and suites, four exclusive pools, an iconic Lobby Bar and 70,000 sq. Ft. Of stylish indoor and outdoor meeting and event space. ELLE Spa, created by ELLE Magazine, the first-ever and only of its kind, boasts a bevy of indulgent, luxurious treatments and signature services in a perfect harmony of style, service and serenity. Tempting all to come out and play, the revived Eden Roc ethos is ultra-now, pushing the envelope. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Amex, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Eden Roc Miami Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eden Roc, a Renaissance Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Eden Roc, a Renaissance Beach Resort And Spa
- Renaissance Miami Beach
- Miami Beach Renaissance