“Between 4 and 5 stars--Excellent Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
20% Off + Daily Breakfast
Ranked #58 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Massachusetts
“Between 4 and 5 stars--Excellent Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2009

The reviews for this hotel seemed more varied than most, especially from those visiting recently. Lots of complaints about service, delays getting ice, etc. So I am taking the time to write. That was not my experience.

The PROs first: Wonderful room, spacious, overlooking pool area and onto the ocean (at least in the newly renovated tower). Well lit, open balcony, jacuzzi, large overhead shower. Lobby is bright, clean, friendly. Exercise room is large and very well equipped. Access to beach is excellent with boardwalk adjoining the hotel and excellent beach front. I had breakfast in Gia, the restaurant in the hotel. Pricey buffet ($31) , but excellent fruit, breads and made to order omlettes. Did not use the pool, but seemed inviting and not crowded.

The CONs: large hotel (although some may prefer that), 13 dollar cab ride to South beach restaurants, expensive drinks (by report, did not use), and $15 a day internet. The room had two mior problems: One of the two bathroom fausets malfunctioned as it was hard to turn the water to cool from lukewarm (I did not bother to complain) and there was some noise coming up from the pool including music that was audible early in the morning. Bothered me one morning but not the other.

Obviously there has been a lot of chatter about service and slowness getting ice on recent prior reports. I found an ice dispenser conveniently down the hall. In terms of service, I had at least half a dozen different encounters ( I will spare you the details more than usual for me, and more complicated) and would rate the responses A+,,nothing less. I wonder if the management has been reading Trip Advisor and instituted remeadial action. Minor additional nice touches were availability of three newspares and ice water from the conceirge.

In terms of value, I always find that hard to rate. I stayed one night at a convention rate of $198, a second night at $279 with breakfast included. The rack rate seemed about $350

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (483)
  • Turkish first
PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2009

After staying a few days at edenroc, I definitely would go back. We stayed in the resort tower, (supposedly the Ocean Tower is best) and even without a balcony we had a superb side ocean view (although from the other side of the building you probably wouldn't). Granted, we stayed during the week, so perhaps less people is what made the stay very nice. The rooms in the Resort Tower are very modern including, flat-screens gorgeous bathrooms, Ipod radio (not that we used it), plush white beds (very comfortable). Nobody stole from us, there are safes in the room. Also, I believe common sense says leave your valuables and countless marked bills at home whenever you travel. Also, be nice to people always, if you're a jerk it makes people not feel guilty for robbing you. The cleaning ladies primarily speak spanish, so if you need them to do something or come back you're really in a better place if you can say a few rudimentary spanish phrases. For me the absolute most amazing thing about the resort is the pool layout. You have about four pools to choose from (one is smaller for volleyball), with one pool being big enough to do laps. The boardwalk to the beach is right off the pool area and the hotel even provides towels that you can bring to the beach which I thought was really nice. The beach area is a little rocky near the coast but not crowded and the water is a beautiful blue/green color I thought you'd only see in the Caribbean. Another thing that I thought was great was the outdoor restaurant. Yes, of course it won't be cheap, drinks run around $11, plates run around $16, but it was certainly delicious and I ate there twice. I rate my meal at the edenroc outdoor resturant much higher than then when I walked over to try the one at the fountainbleau. Actually walking over to the fountainbleau was a great comparison. At the fountainbleau you feel the money walking around and the establishment is impressive and worth a visit to look around. However it was soo crowded compared to the edenroc. Also, at least the edenroc gives you a good portion for you money. After seeing the smallest salad of my life (maybe the size of one ice cream scoop) for $16 I was craving a meal from the edenroc resturant. Another thing that is nice about the edenroc resturant is that you aren't hustled. When you hit south beach or even licoln road, expect some slick silician or other maverick to really wheel you in. On one hand it is nice to be tempted with free offers if you sit and eat at their restaurant, but when you find out that a free appetizer is always fried calmari or that a free shot is a plastic cup of orange soda, you kinda wish you looked around more. But, I would say even with the hustling that food is still really good, just makes it a little stressful and pressured. However, you may want a more relaxed meal, which the edenroc restaurant is good for. I recommend the bus to south beach, or even do the walk. The only frustrating thing about the resort is that there is nowhere close by to eat other than the hotel restaurant. However, if you think about the peace and quiet you have because you are not near all the shops and resturants you may not care about the 10-15 block walk or bus ride to eat.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
Punta Cana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2009

I arrived at the Eden Roc on April 25, 2009 and my boyfriend and I were blown away. The staff is very friendly and hospitable. Once I walked into the OceanView Room, the view of the waves splashing against the white sand was clearly breathtaking. The bed was positioned directly in front of the balcony, which gave an impressive view of the beach and all 4 pools which our room overlooked. All in all, it is definitely a must stay, and consider staying in the oceanview room. It is definitely worth it.

TIP: If you have a car, do not use their valet parking, they charge $30 per day. Their is a parking lot right next door that charges $10 for the entire day or $2 for a maximum of 3 hours if you're a florida resident.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Suwanee, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2009

Stayed two nights at Eden Roc. Eden Roc is a very chic hote. Pool areass are fanstastic. Hotel lobby was very nice....huge bar. Rooms are wonderful...big and clean....king bed is very comfortable. The shower is huge - water comes out over your head......no bath tub.

Hotel is very expensive as most hotels on Miami beach. Not many restaurants within walking distance.....restaurant/shopping not far away - $10 cab ride. Ocean Drive and Washington Ave have tons of restaurants. Didn't eat at hotel restaurants.

Beach is clean and friendly....we always felt safe.

No ice in new tower....didn't hear or even notice contruction.

I didn't interact with staff very much but the few times we did they were friendly and responsive.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2009

We stayed at the hotel for a week. Looked great on the internet, but when you get there you find our that there is a new tower and an old tower. We were in the old tower. Rooms had scuffed wall, dirty tiles in the shower. After switching rooms twice. They put us in the new tower, what a difference. Service is poor. Hotel is understaffed. We ended up getting our own bags from downstairs after waiting 2 hours in our room. Housekeeping did not replace towels and cups at times. Very slow after resquesting. Hotel food not great. Breakfast buffet is not worth the price. Dont eat at the hotel. Rooms service trays from our neighbors left out on front of room all day. We had to call to have them removed. If you have a car park in meter lot next door. No charge after 6pm

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Washington D.C.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2009

Considering the Eden Roc is supposed to be a resort and spa I had very high expectations for my friends and I's stay. This however was not the case. Our stay started off with us going to check into our room to find dog feces on the balcony, stains on the carpet, and a child's hand prints all over the glass door. Now in most hotel when you have a problem such as this the manager would rush right over to take care of the situation. This was not the case at the Eden Roc. When we called to complain about the condition of the room they sent a cleaning service staff member, not a manager. We said that we wanted another room which, to our disappointment, was in the other tower (not as nice of a room). So that was just the beginning. From there we did not have a room service menu in our room, the cleaning service knocked on the door at 8AM to clean and when we told them we were not ready to have it cleaned they NEVER CAME BACK! We went to breakfast in the hotel one morning where it took 20 mins to order and 45 mins to get our food. When the food came it was undercooked and they replaced the food with the wrong order. Overall the stay was so disappointing. The hotel atmosphere is beautiful but that's about it. I have stayed at the Marriott on Ocean and first as well as the Courtyard Marriott on Washington, and the Loews and never had the type of horrible service I experienced at the Eden Roc.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2009

Was a little concerned with previous posting for the Eden Roc. We found the staff extremely polite and helpful (with the exception of the concierge that was too snooty to help.) The front desk, housekeeping, pool, bell stand and informal restaurant staff were great. (However there were a few front desk people that I could see the potential to be snotty with people, but the staff I worked with were great.) Even the Starbucks staff were friendly.

The four pools and sun lounging areas were beautiful. We had two adjoining rooms with a king suite and balcony - perfect! We changed our plans at the last minute (2 days prior to a planned Cancun vacation) and couldn't have been happier. The pool above the informal dining restaurant has four viewing windows - that you can see from the indoor dining area (which was not in use when we were there.) The staff showed me how to access the area, and I was able to take pictures.

Took trips into South Beach, cabs there, and then found the S bus on the way back that stops in front of the hotel. Walgreens is walking distance for last minute items. Best meal of the trip was Italian restaurant walking distance (if you like to walk) Cafe Avanti - my husband is still raving about the food!

Rented a car for a one-day trip to the Keys (snorkeled at Pennekamp) but way too rough for my taste, but the boat ride was nice. Drove down to Robbies to see the Tarpon - and pelicans! Rented directly from the Hertz office on property and since it was a one-day rental didn't need to pay for parking.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Been to Eden Roc Miami Beach? Share your experiences!