“The hotel with a heart!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Price
3rd Night Free Offer
Ranked #71 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
“The hotel with a heart!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Just came back from a wonderful week at Eden Roc. Twice a year we take our staff to eden roc from our charity for some much needed down time. We typically stay at Eden Roc and the team comes home well rested and ready to help many unserved and under served families. This year, we inadvertently reserved 8 rooms twice and when we arrived, found that we had 16 rooms with no ability to cancel the second reservation. Eden Roc waived the mistake and did not penalize this very weary charity from what could have been a very costly error. This director is very grateful and pleased that my staff came back rested and excited to begin another period of helping needy families. Wow what a wonderful hotel and they care!!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
bhyder, Manager at Eden Roc Miami Beach, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Dear Thaddina,

We are happy to have welcomed you back and to have you reviewing your recent stay with us. All those caring words just put a huge grin on our faces! We are happy to hear that everything went off without a hitch and that you all were able to relax, rejoice and rejuvenate! Hope to see more and more of all of you at Eden Roc Miami Beach.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (613)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Great hotel, stayed their for new years, the hotel itself is a bit dated but the staff and the overall atmosphere are amazing. A lot more personal than the fountain next door and the staff made my stay extremely enjoyable and easy for such a busy time of year. I will say the hotel was a bit more family themed than expected but still great.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
mohapn,

Thank you for choosing Eden Roc Miami Beach for your New Year's stay. We are glad to hear that you found our service to be personalized and to your liking. We wish to welcome you back soon and don't worry about the "dated" factor, new exciting things are coming our way!

See you soon,

Washington, DC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I strayed from the strip of nice beach hotels to this one during a high season weekend, for a $500 a night rate. The room was actually nice. Balcony was old. The outdoor bar was full of sand and kids at 10pm on a saturday and served from plastic cups. My taxi driver said his credit card machine was broken, so I asked the security supervisor for directions to an ATM. She pointed it out, and then asked me "but do you really have money in the account, you know what I mean?" I was quite offended for my Amex Platinum, but didn't say anything.

The room balcony had only small barrier between us and the balcony next door, and someone got in either that way or through the door and stole cash and my watch. I understand burglaries happen. Management response was horrific all around. They didn't believe my mother at first when she found stuff strewn all over the room and went downstairs. They told her to "go back to the room and wait for security" (What if the guy was hiding on the balcony still? She is 63, come on!) When security guy arrived, he immediately believed her and filed an internal report, but only for her items, since I was absent. When I got back from dinner later that night I called to file a police report and report my own items missing. I was shocked that the hotel front desk hadn't called the police several hours earlier, and when I told them why I called they informed me that "security already took care of the issue." I asked for a manager- "will call you back." he never did, ever. . Only when the police arrived the security supervisor came upstairs (still no manager). The police spent three hours there until 3 am, confirming that somebody got in (foot print). The hotel staff said they will not charge me for anything. I told the hotel that I will be moving out in the morning and spending the rest of the weekend elsewhere. (moved to James Royal Palm, it was great!) In the morning I realized my watch was gone too. Still, no phone call from the manager. I checked out, and the front desk person charged me for the room. I asked for the manager (yet again). He again said everything will be taken care of, and yet he clearly didn't believe me about the watch (it was only a $250 watch, but still). I got home to see charges for not just that night, but the two we didn't stay!!! After several days I called the same manager denied that he ever offered to not charge me. I inquired about the two nights I didn't stay, same answer - he said he had to wait for the hotel insurance claim to go through (which was only $400 total between the watch and the cash) before he could return my $1795 worth of hotel fees (3 nights of which I spent one there). I found the GM's email and wrote them a letter. Soon, another manager called and reversed the charges, although still leaving $236 on for the spa and drinks that we had (while the burglary was going on apparently). I asked about the watch and the claim. Turned out the watch was never added to the claim, and the manager expressed doubt that I would ever get any of the money from the claim (even though I am supposed to). She offered no follow up on the claim and nobody ever said that as soon as they get it, I will some portion of it. I then told her if money for the claim was not forthcoming to me, I would settle for removal of the $236, just to get over the whole nasty story. She agreed. It was never removed, of course. I disputed with Amex and won. The charged it again three months later. I am appalled that every single person there assumed the guest was guilty until proven innocent. I had never seen such appalling behavior even from cheap hotels when I was in college.

Room Tip: don't stay in rooms with adjacent balconies
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Anna,

We had previously spoken and we agreed on a resolution due to the concerning situation at hand and your distress. As the spa charges talk did not happen with me, I would like for you to please contact me at your earliest convenience to speak further about this BHyder@destinationhotels.com.

New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Just stayed four days. Last night had room service and water glass had a 2 inch sharp piece of plastic in it which I nearly swallowed. It almost went down my throat . Since it was late waited until AM to speak to a manager. I wanted to make sure they cleared ice machine so there were no more pieces that could get into someone else's drink; god for bid even a child's. Front desk unresponsive with no sense or urgency . Person did not even ask if I was okay or apologize . Not looking for anything but an I'm sorry and make sure it won't happen again. I retuned to desk to find a manager who would not even come out from behind the door to say anything. I left numbers I could be reached at. Nobody contacted to ask about the circumstances so that they could make sure it didn't happen again. Unsafe and poor costumer service.

• Stayed July 2014
Fun43,

Allow me to apologize for your unpleasant experience at our property. Everyday we strive to deliver better guest service and I assure you that your experience is not a usual occurrence.

To my understanding, our Director of F&B, Gustavo Gelover personally spoke with you after he got the message leaving a meeting that you had requested to speak to a restaurant manager on your departure. Please accept my apology if this is not correct and for the inconveniences you have encountered.

Please contact me at your earliest convenience to further discuss BHyder@destinationhotels.com

Bethesda, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Stayed at the Eden Roc last month (June) from Friday to Monday with the girls and had an awesome time! The hotel is beautiful, our room was fantastic! Not much of a view from where we were on the second floor, side view of one of the pools and ocean, full view of lower roof. The hotel pool and hot tub are great! Me and the girls spent some time chatting and drinking champagne in the hot tub one night. The beach access is great, it's right there! We received two chairs with the room and bought two others (bring cash or charge to room). The beach service was delicious and fast! The Pina Coladas were my absolute favorite, one of my drinks had coconut shavings which i absolutely loved! The adults only pool had an entertaining DJ on Sunday which was fun. Two friends ate breakfast at one of the restaurants on site and said it was just ok. Bar snacks i ordered on the beach were great.

It was a quick cab ride to the center strip area/ nightclubs. A quick walk to a liquor store and Walgreens.

Very beautiful hotel and I would definitely stay again. The reason for four stars instead of 5 is because I called our first night to complain about a problem with one of the sink handles and no one ever came to fix it throughout the weekend. Also, I booked the room through a promotion on the hotels website with American Express and they did not give us all the perks that came with it. Some were based on availability like room upgrade and late check out but still, it would have been nice to have received them. Got a great deal on the room though nonetheless. Check hotel website for specials when booking, got a better rate than through other sites like hotels.com, expedia, etc.

I will be back Eden Roc!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
North bay village
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend where looking for a place to get away and spend a weekend without the kids. We chose this hotel because we had heard grest things about it. And just like we where told it was. We enjoyed every second of it! The view we had was beautiful! The service was great and we where treated very kindly. I highly reccomend this place! The only thing i was not satisfied with was the wireless internet. But other than that i cant complain.

• Stayed May 2014
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

Housekeeping sucks. When I checked in the first thing is you check bathroom cleanliness, the sink was with pubic hair every where like if it wasn't clean right, the floors still with hair from previous guest. I asked to get the sheets change the next day and I left the house keeper a GOOD tip and when I checked the sheets were NOT change.
This is ridiculous and unprofessional.

Managment of the house keeping department needs to improve and also check what kind of housekeeping employees they have.

• Stayed July 2014
bhyder, Manager at Eden Roc Miami Beach, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Melissa B,

Thank you for providing your feedback. Our housekeeping team has been made aware of this review and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience of an untidy room. Should you return, please feel free to contact any of our managers for personal assurance that you have a comfortable stay.