“Another Miami Beach hotel......” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Eden Roc Miami Beach

Save Saved
You added Eden Roc Miami Beach to your Saves list
Eden Roc Miami Beach
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   4525 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Formerly Eden Roc, a Renaissance Beach Resort & Spa)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up to 30% Off!
Ranked #53 of 201 hotels in Miami Beach
Atlanta, Georgia
“Another Miami Beach hotel......”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

I took a few days off to enjoy the sun and family in Miami. My husband and I stayed at the Eden Roc hotel for the weekend. As a meeting planner that travels all over and stays in many hotel, I had good and not great experiences while staying here this time. When we arrived there was no bellman to take our luggage and had to drag our luggage to the front desk. At check in I was pleasantly surprised when the front desk told me we were upgraded to a suite. It was a beautiful suite with a partial ocean and inter coastal view. Only problem was, the suite is located next to the elevators and the sound was continuously disturbing. Next morning the shower did not have hot water and barely had luke warm water, and the shower knobs were loose, the TV remotes did not work on either TV living area and bedroom. Before I left for the day I did tell the front desk and with the exception of the elevator, all was fixed and working. I just think that if you are paying close to $300 for a room (room, tax, resort fee etc) all should be in working order. I would like to mention the front desk staff were very nice and friendly as well as the room service and valet staff.

Although not the best stay I have had at the Eden Roc, it was not the worst stay and I would go back and stay again. It is a great location and close to everything South Beach has to offer.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper make sure you do not get a room next to the elevator.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
bhyder, Manager at Eden Roc Miami Beach, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and providing valuable feedback. Our guest satisfaction is very important to us and it is disappointing to learn we were not successful in your case in regards to the bell service and room experience. Your feedback will be shared with our team; through feedback like yours, we can improve our product and deliver exceptional service to our guests at all times. We encourage you to stay with us again in the future and give us a chance to show you true Eden Roc hospitality. Thank you, as well, for your feedback on our front office team. We strive to provide the best guest services possible.

Brandi Hyder | Hotel Manager

2,074 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (424)
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

It was 10 of us girls on a birthday trip. The hotel is lovely, it has an art deco inspired design. Everything looks pristine the pools are amazing. The food was pretty good the service was a little slow. I would come back.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Exceptional!
This Hotel is without doubt one of the best hotels we've stayed at. Everything was perfect from the friendly staff taking our reservation, the check-in staff who suggested a more appropriate room for us when we took our 9 month old baby along, to the staff in the restaurants to the excellent concierge and porters.

The staff are always available to assist in any way and provide excellent advice on the local attractions, activities and local cuisine.

The conference facilities are excellent as was support and catering during the events hosted.

The check out process was painless and efficient. The staff bring the itemized bill to your room for your review and signature which you can leave in your room for the staff to collect after your departure.

If you're looking for a perfectly situated, well appointed, modern and friendly hotel, you can't go past Eden Roc on Miami Beach.

Room Tip: Talk to the staff at check-in to arrange a room to suite your needs. Travelling with a baby, Room 9...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

We ( hubby and I) discovered Eden in March 2014. Today is June 7th and I just reserved our 4th stay there coming up in a couple of weeks. We love the charm, the feeling of cozy created by not being an over sized hotel like the Fountaine Bleau but still be right there in its category of luxury. We love the Breakfast and we already have a preferred waiter, his name is Pierre. Pierre will brew the best coffee (other than my home brew) and eve bring us hot milk. The staff is steady and that is a nice feeling of belonging and know the people when you get there. Gema at check out ..oh she always accommodates our best interest possible upgrades. The bed.. I need to buy a bed like they have here. It's better than my bed at home. I sleep so well at this hotel. I cannot hear any noise at night. If you stay at the new tower with balcony and view to the ocean... warning: you might get so spoiled you don't wanna leave. The rain shower is a special treat, in that spacious The beach area is great! Last time (May22nd 2014) we say big fish swimming by and a manatee not far from us, which looked a little lost, perhaps? Fantastic water. The burgers they cook on the weekends at the bbq tent are the best!!! The drinks at the bar could improve a lot! Other than that, Alexandra, the house keeper convinced me to write this review. She is the best! so sweet and attentive to the small details that make anyone happy.
Great management!

Room Tip: Oceanview new tower, higher floor
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always so nice to hear such wonderful feedback about location, facilities and our beloved staff. See you for the 5th stay?

Brandi Hyder | Hotel Manager
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

I had the best time in this hotel. There is a charm on being in a place that has so much history and that has been kept in such a good condition for that long. This hotel really conveys the original spirit of Miami Beach way beyond the superfluous image that it's got nowadays. It is an excellent place to appreciate what must have been the city in its best times. The personnel was very well trained, attentive, useful and friendly. The building has been renewed and expanded exquisitely. I went on a business trip, but I was lucky to get a beautiful room in the top floor with a balcony to the beach, which was a great wake up every morning. The room was comfortable and contemporary. The bathroom was finely updated and more than functional. The lounges, lobby, waiting areas were furnished with great taste and pictures and images of old celebrities while visiting the hotel (great idea) really added to the experience. The addition to the hotel (an entire building to the South) was made without overpowering the original building and keeping a good balance to the resulting compound. There are great outdoor recreational areas with more swimming pools that what you can use in a visit. Conference rooms are great and functional (conference furniture could use some improvement). I was really satisfied with the experience and I am sure I'll come again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with sea view.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

One of my co-worker recommended me this hotel and it was a great experience all together. The best ocean view from our room, bed, shower, ever...And the personal is amazing, from front desk to house keeping, people are dedicated 24/7 to make your stay a great experience. And when we checked out, the front desk guy made me feel as an appreciated guest. Me and my husband will definitely go back soon.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
State College, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Having had a wonderful stay at Eden Roc in 2009, my expectations were high for my "girls trip" this past Memorial Day weekend. Unfortunately there were a few hiccups. However, I am not one to really ever complain. After all, it's vacation. Right? Right. So I decided to make the Eden Roc staff aware of the issues we had. After filling out a survey sent to me via email by the hotel, I voiced my complaints as well as a few positive things that went on that weekend. All I can say is "Wow"- Brandi H. was extremely prompt in getting back to me and addressing my concerns and taking care to be sure that next time I return to Miami, I stay at the Eden Roc. I was impressed with the concern she had for me and our well planned out vacation-I am extremely "choosy" when I pick out a hotel. Also-my entire party was extremely impressed with the hospitality of Chris (who I understand is new) at the Eden Roc pool. Complaints aside, my group had an awesome time at the pool-it was a super fun vibe at the adult pool-shout out to DJ Skinny;) Anyway-just wanted to say "thank you" to the Eden Roc staff for making things right for our trip. It is easy for me to see that customer service and satisfaction is their #1 concern. Will not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Eden Roc Miami Beach? Share your experiences!