“Eden Roc - Rocks” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #58 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Fort Lauderdale
“Eden Roc - Rocks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Stayed last week for one night while in Miami for work. The service was amazing – stayed on the Penthouse Floor. While looking for an ice machine, a very nice house keeper informed me the ice machine was on a different floor. She was more than happy to go get me ice and bring to my room. This might sound like a simple task, and it might be. However, the fact she stopped what she was doing to help me and to bring my ice to my room was more than a simple gesture. It showed me – Eden Roc and the management staff has trained their associates to put the guest first. This does not happen at most hotels. The valet new me by name and made me feel that they were happy to have me as their guest. I want to say thank you for a great night stay.

Bill

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Jim M, General Manager at Eden Roc Miami Beach, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
I am absolutely thrilled to read this review - thank you so much for your compliments of the Eden Roc Miami Beach! We truly strive to put our guests first and it is wonderful to hear such a great story. We hope you will come back soon, and next time you have to try ELLE Spa!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (484)
  • Turkish first
West Hartford CT, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Left New England's "Polar Vortex" for 4 balmy days in Miami. Hotel staff were exceptionally cordial and helpful. We especially enjoyed the 4 different heated out door pools. The hotel has arrangements with an outfit that rents beach chairs and umbrellas. The staff of this beach rental outfit were friendly and very efficient. They have a play area equipped with great sand toys and hand raked area to ensure a clean area for the little ones.
Dinning in this area is extremely expensive. The Eden Roc's Beach Club Cabana offers high quality food at a reasonable price. My grand son's favorite was a gourmet grilled cheese sandwich with a fruit salad (blueberries, strawberries, pineapple, banana and cantaloupe) for only $8. Grilled Mahi Mahi was my favorite.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
SO happy to hear you got out of that cold New England and enjoyed some Eden Roc sun and fun! I am thrilled to hear you loved our staff and Cabana Beach Club!
Bayamon, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

Very cozy but fun hotel to stay. Great location. Rooms are beautiful, so up to date, modern and comfortable. Beds are way to comfortables. Beach and pool area are nice. Its an extremely clean place. Loved our days at the Eden Roc. Great theme!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of the Eden Roc Miami Beach! Amazing is definitely the word to describe this iconic hotel - come back and PLAY soon!
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

We went to Eden Roc for my sister's birthday; we had a minor problem our next door. Von of security handled the matter very well, and we were all able to still enjoy our time at the resort. Francis our cleaning lady was incredibly sweet. I can't wait to visit again.

Room Tip: Ocean View
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your kind review of the Eden Roc Miami Beach! We are very lucky to have such awesome staff - and I will be sure to let Von know, I already told Francis this morning! We can't wait to have you back, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your sister!
South Pasadena, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

I just didn't get the Wow factor when I walked off the elevator or into my room. The room was very large but the furnishings didn't give me the wow/comfy factor I expected for this property after coming from the lobby. For such a large room it would have been nice to have another area to sit other than desk. Appreciated the great lighting in the bathroom.
Pros: Location. Beach/pool area. Helpful beach staff. A chance to be uber casual (and casually dressed) at the beach bar since most of Miami is so fashionable & hip most of the time.
Cons: Room decor, room service charges ( a grilled cheese & soup might cost close to $30).
Trying to figure out how to get to beach area at first was a little confusing.

Room Tip: Our room had a HUGE walk-in shower that was amazing, but if you prefer baths or have children to bat...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at a lot of resorts for business travel. Most often I experience sub-par service from resorts, and they don't seem to care because you're "stuck" with their services. At the casual bar at Eden Roc, I experienced something totally different from bartender, Chris Orsi. Great service, timely, personable, superb follow up, etc. He was quite refreshing and is a true asset to the resort. I'd most certainly recommend this resort, and props to Chris!

• Stayed January 2014
Thank you for your review of the Eden Roc Miami Beach and Lobby Bar! We will be sure to let Chris know how much you enjoyed his service!
Nottingham, New Hampshire, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

My wife and I came for eight days to escape the ridiculously cold winter at home in New England, and discovered Eden Roc offers much more than a beautiful beach and easy access to all the wonderful shopping and tourist attractions of Miami. Amira steered us to the amazing Sunday brunch and the imaginative and scrumptious creations of chefs Mark and Jeremy; at night the food is also fantastic. Kadar made us feel right at home, although home doesn't include the inventive drinks and attentive service we enjoyed! Our spacious room in the new tower had a luxurious bathroom and million dollar view of the beach and sunrise right outside our balcony.
And the beach is special--we saw a manatee!

Room Tip: If you are in the new tower along the side, just about any room is good. But if you take the end fo...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your amazing review of the Eden Roc Miami Beach! Glad to hear you escaped the cold New England winter and had some Miami sunshine and fun! It is wonderful to hear how much you loved your time with us and that you made some great connections with our super staff! Come back soon!

Been to Eden Roc Miami Beach? Share your experiences!