“Great Hotel with an amazing staff!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Up to $500 Savings!
Ranked #57 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Tampa, Florida
“Great Hotel with an amazing staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

We went to Eden Roc for my sister's birthday; we had a minor problem our next door. Von of security handled the matter very well, and we were all able to still enjoy our time at the resort. Francis our cleaning lady was incredibly sweet. I can't wait to visit again.

Room Tip: Ocean View
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Jim M, General Manager at Eden Roc Miami Beach, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Thank you very much for your kind review of the Eden Roc Miami Beach! We are very lucky to have such awesome staff - and I will be sure to let Von know, I already told Francis this morning! We can't wait to have you back, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your sister!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (499)
  • Turkish first
South Pasadena, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

I just didn't get the Wow factor when I walked off the elevator or into my room. The room was very large but the furnishings didn't give me the wow/comfy factor I expected for this property after coming from the lobby. For such a large room it would have been nice to have another area to sit other than desk. Appreciated the great lighting in the bathroom.
Pros: Location. Beach/pool area. Helpful beach staff. A chance to be uber casual (and casually dressed) at the beach bar since most of Miami is so fashionable & hip most of the time.
Cons: Room decor, room service charges ( a grilled cheese & soup might cost close to $30).
Trying to figure out how to get to beach area at first was a little confusing.

Room Tip: Our room had a HUGE walk-in shower that was amazing, but if you prefer baths or have children to bat...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at a lot of resorts for business travel. Most often I experience sub-par service from resorts, and they don't seem to care because you're "stuck" with their services. At the casual bar at Eden Roc, I experienced something totally different from bartender, Chris Orsi. Great service, timely, personable, superb follow up, etc. He was quite refreshing and is a true asset to the resort. I'd most certainly recommend this resort, and props to Chris!

• Stayed January 2014
Thank you for your review of the Eden Roc Miami Beach and Lobby Bar! We will be sure to let Chris know how much you enjoyed his service!
Nottingham, New Hampshire, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

My wife and I came for eight days to escape the ridiculously cold winter at home in New England, and discovered Eden Roc offers much more than a beautiful beach and easy access to all the wonderful shopping and tourist attractions of Miami. Amira steered us to the amazing Sunday brunch and the imaginative and scrumptious creations of chefs Mark and Jeremy; at night the food is also fantastic. Kadar made us feel right at home, although home doesn't include the inventive drinks and attentive service we enjoyed! Our spacious room in the new tower had a luxurious bathroom and million dollar view of the beach and sunrise right outside our balcony.
And the beach is special--we saw a manatee!

Room Tip: If you are in the new tower along the side, just about any room is good. But if you take the end fo...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your amazing review of the Eden Roc Miami Beach! Glad to hear you escaped the cold New England winter and had some Miami sunshine and fun! It is wonderful to hear how much you loved your time with us and that you made some great connections with our super staff! Come back soon!
Rochester
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

I have a humble opinion that chooses to remain so. First impressions of the hotel lobby and exterior summed up in in word "Beautiful"! Staff was awesome, much respect and gratitude to the bellman Jorge! Really made us feel welcome:) Our stay was sub par due to some unforeseen and some avoidable issues and I won't digress off into them but I'll say this for sure, management was great to work with resolving our issues and the staff was very sympathetic to our issues as well. The view in the ocean tower is really great to wake up to as well!

One last thought and I think I can speak for most families is that this resort is very well suited for 21+ years old and older. They've got bars, pools and beautiful people everywhere but bringing our kids was a mistake. The day we did get to the beach the conversations from other resort goers were more suited for adults, the hot tub was crowded with party goers and our overall feeling was that we were out of place. I know what your thinking "It's Miami beach you idiot!, don't bring your kids!" and I am going to have to agree with you. If you go to this hotel do two things...

Bring your wallet!

Leave the kids at home!

Thanks to the Eden Roc for helping us realize what we need from a family vacation! And thank you to the great staff during our stay:)

Stayed January 2014
Thank you for your review. We really appreciate the feedback, and it is nice to hear that although you had some issues, they were resolved by our wonderful staff. We do hope you will join us again!
West Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Had a wonderful, week-long stay for my honeymoon at Eden Roc. The staff was fantastic and so helpful. Amira completely went out of her way to make sure we liked our accommodations and were taken care of. Julio Pagan, who runs the beachside cabanas, was outstanding and was extremely attentive and helpful. Their spa, Elle Spa, was amazing. I'd highly recommend going there for a facial, it was the best one I've ever had thanks to Irma. Great location, great beaches, and a superb staff. I won't ever stay anywhere else on Miami beach again!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
WOW! What nice compliments, thank you for your review of the Eden Roc Miami Beach! We are truly lucky to have such amazing staff, and it is awesome to hear that you had a fantastic honeymoon with us. We can't wait until your return!
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

I checked into the Eden Roc two nights ago, in Miami Beach on business (meetings at the Fontainebleau next door). First, a few positives: location is excellent, ocean view is beautiful and bedroom area fairly spacious. Now the biggest negative: service - there isn't any. At check-in there was only one desk open (at 8pm) and I had to wait more than 25 minutes. Having reached the room (more on that later), I noticed there was no room service menu so I called and asked for one. It took an hour and a half to arrive. My luggage took even longer than that. Room service itself, on the two occasions I've ordered it, has either been extremely late or missing some item or other. On top of that, room service options are severely limited, particularly after 10pm. Laundry service is a joke; this isn't collected from the room and has to be taken down to the bell desk (which nobody tells you until you notice at the end of the day that the items are still where you left them and call to complain). Housekeeping happens very late in the day - my room was not cleaned yesterday until after 4pm. Printing services are inconsistent, which is difficult for business guests. This morning the Internet wasn't working for more than 3 hours.

Onto the room... as I said, it's large, however not particularly well appointed (especially given the inflated room rate). I was unable to secure a room in the new tower, which probably would have made a difference. So my ocean view room with balcony is dated and no real thought has been put into the ambiance. The bathroom and hallway are reminiscent of a public swimming pool. A large shower cubicle with a drain in the centre that guests have no choice but to stand on (ick!) is far from ideal. The only option within that cubicle is a central rain shower, but no shower caps are provided. The Aveda amenities are pleasant but there aren't enough of them. No slippers, no floor mat for the bathroom, no cotton balls, etc. no turn-down service to speak of and the rooms are cleaned but not properly tidied. The shower is leaky and drips all the time.

All in all, this hotel is quite sub par. If you're hoping for Marriott points, as I was when I read reviews from other Tripadvisors, then that's also not happening - as the hotel is no longer affiliated. In general the property is simply too vast and not equipped to deal with that kind of volume. Basically there's not enough staff to accommodate all of the guests to an acceptable 4-star standard.

Room Tip: Apparently rooms in the new tower are better. All I can say is, avoid the old tower!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am truly sorry to hear about your frustrations with your check-in experience and rooms. This surely does not demonstrate the luxury property that we are, and would love to personally assist you with any future reservations. Please feel free to contact me at jmauer@destinationhotels.com

Been to Eden Roc Miami Beach? Share your experiences!