“Best bartender- Chris Orsi” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
3rd Night Free Offer
Ranked #71 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Roanoke, Virginia
“Best bartender- Chris Orsi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

I've stayed at a lot of resorts for business travel. Most often I experience sub-par service from resorts, and they don't seem to care because you're "stuck" with their services. At the casual bar at Eden Roc, I experienced something totally different from bartender, Chris Orsi. Great service, timely, personable, superb follow up, etc. He was quite refreshing and is a true asset to the resort. I'd most certainly recommend this resort, and props to Chris!

• Stayed January 2014
Jim M, General Manager at Eden Roc Miami Beach, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Thank you for your review of the Eden Roc Miami Beach and Lobby Bar! We will be sure to let Chris know how much you enjoyed his service!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (613)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Nottingham, New Hampshire, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

My wife and I came for eight days to escape the ridiculously cold winter at home in New England, and discovered Eden Roc offers much more than a beautiful beach and easy access to all the wonderful shopping and tourist attractions of Miami. Amira steered us to the amazing Sunday brunch and the imaginative and scrumptious creations of chefs Mark and Jeremy; at night the food is also fantastic. Kadar made us feel right at home, although home doesn't include the inventive drinks and attentive service we enjoyed! Our spacious room in the new tower had a luxurious bathroom and million dollar view of the beach and sunrise right outside our balcony.
And the beach is special--we saw a manatee!

Room Tip: If you are in the new tower along the side, just about any room is good. But if you take the end fo...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your amazing review of the Eden Roc Miami Beach! Glad to hear you escaped the cold New England winter and had some Miami sunshine and fun! It is wonderful to hear how much you loved your time with us and that you made some great connections with our super staff! Come back soon!
Rochester
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

I have a humble opinion that chooses to remain so. First impressions of the hotel lobby and exterior summed up in in word "Beautiful"! Staff was awesome, much respect and gratitude to the bellman Jorge! Really made us feel welcome:) Our stay was sub par due to some unforeseen and some avoidable issues and I won't digress off into them but I'll say this for sure, management was great to work with resolving our issues and the staff was very sympathetic to our issues as well. The view in the ocean tower is really great to wake up to as well!

One last thought and I think I can speak for most families is that this resort is very well suited for 21+ years old and older. They've got bars, pools and beautiful people everywhere but bringing our kids was a mistake. The day we did get to the beach the conversations from other resort goers were more suited for adults, the hot tub was crowded with party goers and our overall feeling was that we were out of place. I know what your thinking "It's Miami beach you idiot!, don't bring your kids!" and I am going to have to agree with you. If you go to this hotel do two things...

Bring your wallet!

Leave the kids at home!

Thanks to the Eden Roc for helping us realize what we need from a family vacation! And thank you to the great staff during our stay:)

Stayed January 2014
Thank you for your review. We really appreciate the feedback, and it is nice to hear that although you had some issues, they were resolved by our wonderful staff. We do hope you will join us again!
West Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Had a wonderful, week-long stay for my honeymoon at Eden Roc. The staff was fantastic and so helpful. Amira completely went out of her way to make sure we liked our accommodations and were taken care of. Julio Pagan, who runs the beachside cabanas, was outstanding and was extremely attentive and helpful. Their spa, Elle Spa, was amazing. I'd highly recommend going there for a facial, it was the best one I've ever had thanks to Irma. Great location, great beaches, and a superb staff. I won't ever stay anywhere else on Miami beach again!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
WOW! What nice compliments, thank you for your review of the Eden Roc Miami Beach! We are truly lucky to have such amazing staff, and it is awesome to hear that you had a fantastic honeymoon with us. We can't wait until your return!
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

I checked into the Eden Roc two nights ago, in Miami Beach on business (meetings at the Fontainebleau next door). First, a few positives: location is excellent, ocean view is beautiful and bedroom area fairly spacious. Now the biggest negative: service - there isn't any. At check-in there was only one desk open (at 8pm) and I had to wait more than 25 minutes. Having reached the room (more on that later), I noticed there was no room service menu so I called and asked for one. It took an hour and a half to arrive. My luggage took even longer than that. Room service itself, on the two occasions I've ordered it, has either been extremely late or missing some item or other. On top of that, room service options are severely limited, particularly after 10pm. Laundry service is a joke; this isn't collected from the room and has to be taken down to the bell desk (which nobody tells you until you notice at the end of the day that the items are still where you left them and call to complain). Housekeeping happens very late in the day - my room was not cleaned yesterday until after 4pm. Printing services are inconsistent, which is difficult for business guests. This morning the Internet wasn't working for more than 3 hours.

Onto the room... as I said, it's large, however not particularly well appointed (especially given the inflated room rate). I was unable to secure a room in the new tower, which probably would have made a difference. So my ocean view room with balcony is dated and no real thought has been put into the ambiance. The bathroom and hallway are reminiscent of a public swimming pool. A large shower cubicle with a drain in the centre that guests have no choice but to stand on (ick!) is far from ideal. The only option within that cubicle is a central rain shower, but no shower caps are provided. The Aveda amenities are pleasant but there aren't enough of them. No slippers, no floor mat for the bathroom, no cotton balls, etc. no turn-down service to speak of and the rooms are cleaned but not properly tidied. The shower is leaky and drips all the time.

All in all, this hotel is quite sub par. If you're hoping for Marriott points, as I was when I read reviews from other Tripadvisors, then that's also not happening - as the hotel is no longer affiliated. In general the property is simply too vast and not equipped to deal with that kind of volume. Basically there's not enough staff to accommodate all of the guests to an acceptable 4-star standard.

Room Tip: Apparently rooms in the new tower are better. All I can say is, avoid the old tower!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am truly sorry to hear about your frustrations with your check-in experience and rooms. This surely does not demonstrate the luxury property that we are, and would love to personally assist you with any future reservations. Please feel free to contact me at jmauer@destinationhotels.com
Newmarket, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

We stayed here for 1 week, as a family of 4 including my 11 year old daughter. This hotel is in the perfect location in my opinion for the area. It sits right on the beach, and across the canal so you have the best chance to see marine animals, birds and get to the airport (about 15-30 mins away) easy.

**THIS HOTEL IS WHEELCHAIR ACCESSIBLE**

Rooms- Very clean!! Amazing Jacuzzi bathtub with rain shower and option of hand held. Huge double sinks with plenty of mirrors (perfect for 4 women ha ha ha). We had the ocean-facing balcony and could not have been happier with the view of the bright blue Miami Beach water! Even saw bald Eagles flying around!!

Restaurants in Hotel- I wrote some reviews on the restaurants if you want to check them out. I can sum them up here by saying we enjoyed the food all around, but the chicken wings and flatbread pizza in the Lobby Bar was the best! Also the Beach restaurant was always great! There is nothing better than eating outside in the sun beside the blue water having a cocktail or two! A must try!

Lobby-There were live bands playing near the lobby bar on the weekend. It was cool. There always seems to be a business meeting or event going on, but did not get in the way as the lobby is so big. There is a Starbucks and a gift store which sold beer/alcohol and lots of handy things, which was convenient.

Pools/Grounds- There are several pools which are all salt water and heated. There is an 18+ adult pool if you wish to escape and relax. There are 2 hot tubs with waterfalls flowing into them which massages your back while sitting, this was great. On the lower level near the beach they had tables with fire pits in them for night time sitting, which came in handy last week when it was very chilly. The grounds are well groomed and always clean. There are ashtrays and smoking areas all around so people are not walking everywhere smoking. This was great.

Wildlife!!--- So this is my favourite part!! When you walk across the street to where the big yachts are docked there are signs saying WATCH FOR MANATEES....This is so true!! There was a mother and baby manatee which was there every day we went!! They literally float around the dock in between the boats, but in clear view, and came over to say hi when we called them! They were the most sweet, gentle things ever, it is so hard to believe they are wild animals. Actually the baby had several scars down its back/side from a boat going too fast and slicing it open!!! It is so sad because as I said, there are signs posted ALL OVER for boaters to be aware and slow down. I DEFINITELY recommend you crossing the street and saying hello to these gentle creatures. ***CAUTION---We petted them for hours and somebody told us after that if we got caught we would be in serious trouble!! I had no idea about this but because they are endangered it is illegal apparently to touch them. Just a heads up***

One day while swimming at the beach in front of the hotel, I looked and saw a long black shadow in the water. I passed it off as seaweed but as it came closer I noticed it had a tail and was definitely a living creature! We all ran out of the water yelling SHARRK!!! Even the lifeguard thought it was as it did not come up for air for a long time. Sure enough a few minutes later we saw its head pop up and it was another manatee ha ha ha. It was just cruising Miami Beach in the shallows minding its own business probably checking out the scene. So maybe you can catch one on your trip!!

We saw Lizards, Iguanas, Bald Eagles, Pelicans, Egrets, Cormorants and so many interesting birds right from our balcony or beach! I enjoyed it very much.

-There is a Hertz Car rental place in the lower level of the hotel so you can easily rent a car without travelling far to get it. We rented one and drove down the Keys and did so many more exciting things which I will post more reviews about so look out for them!!

If you have any questions feel free to ask, as I love to help!!

Room Tip: Ask for Ocean Facing Balcony, you will get a great view of the bright blue Miami Beach water! You wi...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Jim M, General Manager at Eden Roc Miami Beach, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
This is such an amazing detailed review of the Eden Roc Miami Beach - thank you!! We really appreciate the recommendations, the hints, and the tips/tricks! It truly helps guests and it is so wonderful to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us!
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Our stay at the Eden Roc in Miami was more than we could have asked for. The hotel was beautiful and the location is perfect. The staff was friendly and accommodating, especially Amira who made sure our stay was enjoyable. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Miami.

• Stayed January 2014
Thank you very much for your review! It is wonderful to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us, and we will make sure to let Amira know how special she made your stay! Come and visit again soon!