“Some Good - Some Bad” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Eden Roc Miami Beach

Save Saved
You added Eden Roc Miami Beach to your Saves list
Eden Roc Miami Beach
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   4525 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Formerly Eden Roc, a Renaissance Beach Resort & Spa)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Up to 30% Off!
Ranked #50 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
“Some Good - Some Bad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

My wife and I came in for a quick visit to get away from kids. We checked in early on a Saturday morning - and things were very quiet - and were surprised to get a room right away - although - it wasn't that great of a room - it was in the "original" part of the hotel - with no view - other than of the newer tower next door - but we were tired so that's ok.

The room was fine - and even though we were on the canal side - things were relatively quiet. There's not much too the room as it relates to amenties - but I guess most people in Miami plan on being on the beach or at the pool - NOT the room.

The Good -
Room was clean
Paid $100 to stay an extra few hours before catching our flight - checked out at 3:30.
Bell service was quick to help and offer assistance - both coming to and leaving the hotel.
The Cabana Bar - FOOD AND SERVICE ARE REALLY GOOD. Actually didn't mind paying the 18% automatic gratuity - as a note - the primary reason this is added to ALL bills is because many Europeans visit Miami - and it's widely known they don't tip - so in order to keep good help - put the tip in automatically - and while I would usually frown upon this - ALL SERVICE (with the exception of the ELLE SPA) we received was outstanding.
The beach chairs are part of the resort fee - and the Cabana will bring drinks to you.
Many pools to choose from.

The Bad
We immediately arrived and left a message with the Elle Spa for an appointment - NO RETURN PHONE CALL. We even called in the afternoon - and left another message - NO RETURN PHONE CALL - This type of behavior in Miami is what we are accustomed to.
Many of the pools were closed for one reason or another. We even went to the adult pool on Sunday afternoon - and they closed it in front of us. Don't know why - no reason given - just a bunch of yellow tape to keep people out.
If you are looking for sun - you have to get out BEFORE noon in order to get sun by the pool, because the Ocean Tower will block the sun for the remainder of the day - making time by the pool in the afternoon very cold.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Jim M, General Manager at Eden Roc Miami Beach, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Thank you for your review of the hotel. We really appreciate hearing the good and the not so good reviews because it really gives us a chance to improve. It is nice to hear that you did experience good service with our bell men and at Cabana - you can't beat the staff, the food and the views!

2,025 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (406)
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

We went to Eden Roc as a belated anniversary getaway. We are Florida residents so we got the FL resident rate which included free valet parking, a savings of $38 per day, free wifi, free water and 2 beach chairs. Upon check in we decided to upgrade from our deluxe room to a beachfront room in the new tower for an additional $75 per night and I'm glad we did. The views of the pools and beach were amazing. There is a Starbucks on property so that came in really handy if you needed a quick pick-me-up once you've exhausted the complementary coffee in the room. We slept with the balcony door open because the sound of the ocean waves were so soothing. I had the best nights sleep and a great stay. I would definitely return.

Room Tip: If you can upgrade to oceanfront in the new building, give it a try.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
WOW! What a great review of the Eden Roc Miami Beach, and especially from such a well traveled person! I am happy that you loved our rooms and enjoyed the sound of the waves - it is the best to sleep to!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

My first impression was of a beautiful entrance and the lobby was perfectly decorated for the holidays.
Carlos at the front desk, and Jorge took care of all of our needs. Every one there was so helpful!
The room was huge, and had a beautiful view of the beach and the 4 pools that are at the hotel.
The location was prefect for enjoying all that Miami Beach has to offer.
A special thank you to Amira who made the entire trip perfect.
Highly recommended!

• Stayed December 2013
Thank you for your amazing review of the Eden Roc Miami Beach. We are so happy to hear you loved our fun holiday decorations and had a great experience here and especially with our staff! Come visit again soon! We would love to have you back.
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

For an upscale Miami Beach hotel I was able to relax at a reasonable price. I was able to enjoy all of the amenities without feeling like too much was taken out of my pocket. Several of the employees, Carlos, Jorge, Amira and the Valet were extremely helpful and I would recommend this hotel to anyone! It is right on the beach, four pools are more than enough to keep me cool on a hot day. Just a moped ride away from South Beach!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your awesome review of the Eden Roc Miami Beach. It sounds like you definitely enjoyed your stay with us, and it is wonderful to hear how helpful our staff was. We hope you come back soon- I know Portsmouth must be freezing!
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

Booked a room in this hotel around three months ago because we had to attend a wedding at the same hotel. My pregnant wife, six year daughter, and I arrived on Thu evening. I am writing this review on second day of our stay. It seems like a nice hotel, with great view, great swimming pool, and access to the beach. The bar and the restaurants are nice as well. The location is walking distance from good eating places. The bell staff is very good and knowledgeable about the local scene. My wife and I are very easy going and overlook trivial things. However, few things forced me tor write this review:

First, when we arrived, the person at the front desk tried to sell us the upgraded room. Which we declined. My take on that is that if you want to impress your customer give a complementary upgrade. I booked a standard room with understanding that it may not come with stunning view.

Second, the room we got is totally hidden. Had the bell man not told us about where the room is there is no way (literally no way) for us to figure out where the room is. Number for all rooms are on corridor but not the room that was given to us. Moreover, we needed to walk into approx 2 ft wide lane to access the room (needless to say my daughter was pretty amused by that).

Finally, the room is a decent sized room with a very nice bathroom. However, other than the study chair, the room had no place to sit down. Most hotels we have stayed in the past have either a couch or a armchair. Normally, its not a big deal, but my pregnant wife complained about it as she did not have a comfortable place to sit down, sitting on the bed was uncomfortable. I called the front desk and was surprised when the person told me he could not help me. I requested if I could speak to the manager, and was told that manager was not available right away, but would call me in 15 mins. That call never arrived. Next day I called again, and was told that they were going to send some chairs. When we came back from breakfast, we saw two additional study chairs dumped into the room (please see picture). That is when I decided that this stay warranted a review.

Bottomline, the hotel seem nice, it may be just that we got a very bad room. It could have been easily corrected, but in this case, I felt, the staff blew it. This was our first stay in this hotel, and I feel no need to come back as we have had much better experience in Miami in the past.

Room Tip: Avoid room 1427 (or probably rooms that end with 27). No view (the view is of adjacent room's ba...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of the hotel and for your comments. I am sorry to hear of your troubles - that surely does not demonstrate the level of service we like to deliver. If there is anything I can do to help arrange future visits please do not hesitate to contact me at jmauer@destinationhotels.com.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

The Eden Roc is a wonderful hotel. I was there for nine nights visiting Miami Beach, and the area. If you know one of the old I Love Lucy episodes, Lucy and the gang stayed there. However, the hotel has been quite updated. I was in the new tower with an ocean view. Enjoyed it. Great staff, especially in the 1700 Restaurant and Cabana Beach Club. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ocean view.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
We really appreciate the wonderful review of the Eden Roc Miami Beach. It is exciting to hear that you know about our fun history and hope you will come back to see how we keep improving!
Lexington, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

We just returned after staying at Eden Roc for the 5th time. Because we live in New England we venture to FL any chance we can to escape the cold temperatures and snow. Staying at Eden Roc is more than a hotel; it’s like going to a relative’s house for the weekend. The Cabana Beach Club staff are some of the friendliest, attentive, and most welcoming. We consider them friends and look forward to seeing them on our return trips.

The fitness center is amazing, one of the best if not the best hotel fitness centers in that area (Collins, Washington, Lincoln and Ocean Drive). In addition to the newly renovated fitness center and spa which are amazing, they have a lap pool. I train for triathlons and Eden Roc has everything I need to continue my training while away from home.

I’ve stayed at numerous hotels along Collins and even Ocean Drive and Eden Roc has the most comfortable beds, GREAT views from every room I’ve stayed in at Eden Roc. Your shower even has a view of the ocean. The hotel is immaculate, the grounds are immaculate and the staffs are the friendliest and most helpful from greeting you at the door to setting you up on the beach.

I will return soon and can not wait!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Wow! What an amazing review of the Eden Roc Miami Beach! We are thrilled to hear that you feel like you are a part of our family. Making connections and memories is what we strive for and it is amazing to hear how much you love our gorgeous hotel and phenomenal staff. We can't wait to welcome you back - it must be cold in Massachusetts this time of year!!!

Been to Eden Roc Miami Beach? Share your experiences!