“miami” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Eden Roc Miami Beach

Save Saved
You added Eden Roc Miami Beach to your Saves list
Eden Roc Miami Beach
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   4525 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Formerly Eden Roc, a Renaissance Beach Resort & Spa)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Up to 30% Off!
Ranked #50 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Mumbai
“miami”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Location is excellent, in the heart of the south beach area very near to the beach .Concierge service was very good.Services of restaurant costly.Overall a good place to stay.It has 4 different types of swimming pools and in new wing each room gives an excellent sear view.Staff on reception and in general very helpful and courteous

Room Tip: one may spend a little more and book a room in the new wing for a good view of baay and sea.differen...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

2,025 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (406)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

The Eden Roc is in a beautiful location on Miami Beach that boasts a very trendy, well-stocked lobby bar. The staff is incredibly helpful with luggage, food and beverage service, and check-in/out, aside from one aspect--no one tells you about any of the amenities or services on site. I though 'no big deal, I'll just read up on things to see/do and places to eat/exercise when I get to the room.' Wrong. There was absolutely no literature in the room describing anything about the hotel or the local happenings. I had to discover where I could eat on-site, when the Starbucks located near the entrance of the hotel was open, and where in the world the spa/workout facility was located (on the mezzanine level, I discovered). However, my need to discover may have been the best technique (intentional or not by the staff) to encourage me to explore the hotel grounds and experience all of its intricacies. Overall, I had a wonderful stay and greatly enjoyed a view of both the coastline and causeway in my standard room.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I have enjoyed many visits at this hotel over the years. They are always enjoyable! The location is excellent, in the center of South Beach and at the ocean. The room is spacious and comfortable. The ocean view rooms are incredible! The staff is excellent.They aim to please and they succeed at that.I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

The bartenders Elliot and john really know customer service!! They took care of me all night and really know how to make delicious drinks!! They are the best!! I recommend coming here to anyone. Also, right now is stone crab season and the hotel is getting em super fresh! If you're looking for a good time and a good meal without all the razzle dazzle of a fine dining restaurant, come here!! Of the bartenders are too busy they have this cute little cocktail server with short black hair who seems to know everything about the hotel and the area

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Jim M, General Manager at Eden Roc Miami Beach, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you very much for your awesome review of the Eden Roc Miami Beach and the Lobby Bar. We definitely have some talented bartenders and are happy to hear you enjoyed! Make sure to come back on the weekends when we have our DJs in house - or maybe for Jazz Night on Thursdays - it is really a great time!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

We had booked 2 two-queen size rooms via booking.com as we were traveling with our 3 kids.
The reservation was made more than 1 month in advance and we had specified that we wanted 2 rooms at the same floor, for obvious reasons.

As we checked in, front desk and they told us that we only had 1 room reserved but that they had availabilities for a second room.
I insisted on the fact that I wanted the 2 rooms at the same floor, which was of course not possible unless I upgraded to 2 superior rooms, with a supplement of $50 per room per night.

I was upset, but jet lagged and tired, I accepted it.

We were supposed to meet with our friends in Miami. They told us that they had called the hotel several times, asking if we had arrived, and were surpised to hear from Front Desk that there was no reservation at our name.
Our friend asked to leave a message, but we never received it.

They had sent a fruit basket for us, and the present was returned by the hotel.
When our friends came to pick us up at the hotel on the second day, once again, the staff told them that there was no reservation at my name...

On the last day, our friend had arranged the airport transfer for us.
Of course, when the driver arrived, they told him that there were no reservation at my name...

I complained to the manager who accepted to waive the upgrade fee.

We have rented a car twice from the Hertz desk within the hotel.
The service is convenient in theory as you pick up and return the car directly from the hotel. Unfortunately, the service was very very slow, and we didn't get the car category we had requested.

Apart these bad experiences, the staff was nice, the location very good, rooms are comfortable, quiet and spacious.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We are sorry to hear about your frustrations with your reservations for your room and car service. Your feedback about the level of customer service has been shared with our team.

We hope to welcome you back to demonstrate the qualities of the first class resort you expected. If I can ever personally assist you with your next visit please feel free to contact me directly at jmauer@destinationhotels.com.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Great hotel, customer service from valet staff to the front desk and restaurant staff. Very accommodating and helpful. the hotel itself is in a perfect location , oceanfront room / suites are the best.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

This is a gorgeous hotel, especially if you make sure you stay in the "newer" towers (on either side, not the original middle portion). Beautiful views. This is also a great hotel for little kids, as there s a pool really just for children and their parents, with two shallow areas perfect for toddlers and babies. There is also a separate adult pool, which is great. (great drinks and food too). Take note: in the winter, the sun will be gone on two of the three pools by 12:00 usually...so if you want to get sun, make sure you lay out in the farthest corner of the upper adult pool!! (this is a issue usually with all Miami hotels, really...). HOWEVER, there are some new issues with this hotel. It used to be a Marriott property (and I am a Marriott Platinum member, so I had stayed here several times), and it recently transitioned out of Marriott. . . and I think the service people have not been trained. There were inadequate towels at the pool, and they were old and small. The maid service, the guest service, the front desk - everyone just seemed to be completely clueless. They were really nice, but for example, we called Guest Services to ask about breakfast service at the restaurant, and we were told there was no restaurant in the hotel!! They said there is only Starbucks!!! Ok, there are gorgeous restaurants, and the breakfast was DELICIOUS....but this Guest Services worker didn't even know they had a restaurant. Lol....they really need to get it together b/c guests just aren't going to deal with the poor service. Another example, we also had our breakfast included for our stay, and we confirmed this free breakfast at check out, but when we got home and checked our card, we had been charged for breakfast! It is just really bad...but I think these are all issues that can get fixed as people get better training and the new ownership transition is completed. This really is a gorgeious hotel.... It is still probably one of my favorites in Miami, so I hope they get the kinks worked out......

Room Tip: The newer beachfront towers....
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Jim M, General Manager at Eden Roc Miami Beach, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words and constructive comments of the Eden Roc Miami Beach. We are very glad that you are a frequent guest and had some very nice things to say about our beautiful property. I am, however, disappointed to hear about some of the issues you had and can assure you that these will be addressed. On that regard, could you please email me with your reservation information (jmauer@destinationhotels.com)? I would like to look into your bill to make sure that it is correct. We do hope to have you back soon!

Been to Eden Roc Miami Beach? Share your experiences!